Tournament Meta Thread

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Voyager
Keizer

Tournament Meta Thread

Post by Voyager »

A place to discuss, well… who’s meta and who’s not? Why do you guys pick the kaiju you do? Is there a strategy? What strengths do you look for? You tell me.

I just like brawlers who can also deal out damage at a range, as well as being able to take hits. I do not like frailty, unless I have a leader who excels so much at range that I can just have brawlers to cover them.

One lineup like this could be

MG75, Hyper Zetton and Megalon.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Tournament Meta Thread

Post by Kaijuking101 »

I tend to focus on firepower and durability, more often than not this increases your chances for others to vote for you given how your kaiju can just wreck everything opposing it. I also prefer stuff with little to no weaknesses, decreasing the chances of exploitation of them to win.

Hax always adds a bit of fun chaos, so unique abilities are always a plus to have.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Meta:
Godzilla Earth: His shield tanked an astounding amount of nukes, and his attacks can cause extreme damage, not to mention his size, durability, and regen
Mechagodzilla (Legendary): He is a balanced mech capable of dealing some pretty powerful hits, no matter what attack he is using.
Jet Jaguar (Singular Point): His spear can cause some major damage, not to mention it might be able to block some hits, and JJ is a decent melee fighter as well.
Godzilla Ultima: He can regenerate like crazy, his beam was stupidly powerful at the end of Singular Point, and he has decent melee

Not Meta:
C-Rex: His tar can slow opponents down, but what else does he got going for him? He lacks the melee to put up a good fight.
Shin Godzilla: Even if he has the cooldown disabled, his melee sucks, and he wont be able to take out a strong melee fighter like Kong once they get up close in his face.
Godzilla (Kiryu Saga): Lacks the strategy to put up a good fight, will usually only deal big damage with atomic breath
Knifehead: He lacks the durability to stand a chance, and can only deal big damage via his head.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

In my time participating in tournaments, having a kaiju that produces an EMP effect to wipe out opposing electronics has been the biggest meta I can think of, consistently
Resized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Back when I took part in tournaments, I would try to start with melee, long range and a mix of the two to start out. After that, I focus on special abilities that way they'll be applicable to whatever situation I might face down the road.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

My strategy is go for something that not many people will have a counter too, like I did in Greyshot's tourney where I took Baragon (M), who was more aggressive than just about anything in tier 1, and more durable, and the juvenile Gyaos trio, who were one of the few flyers that also had a ranged attack, essentially creating an unstoppable duo for round 1.

And if I don't have many kaiju that counter other teams, I'll go for brute force or intelligence.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Mon May 22, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Kamen Riders. Some of them are literally gods, or have the power to kick a god in the face.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Nagoda wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:42 pm Kamen Riders. Some of them are literally gods, or have the power to kick a god in the face.
Only problem is, they rarely appear, J did in MM's tourney, a ton appeared in KK's but that's about it.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Sat May 27, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Anything Warhammer 40k. Remember how GvR's team terrorized WOTM along with the Swarmlord?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns