Destroyah as the final boss in the MonsterVerse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Re: Destroyah as the final boss in the MonsterVerse

Post by Janjira-York »

my dumbass average fan would love it but thers no fucking earned fear or respect to the monsterverse oxygen destroyer, it just appeared so people clapped like dummies because they knew what it was there sno weight no moral dilema not allegory its just hey look is that cool thing and destoroyah is already a meh generic evil monster a WOW factor version of the oxygen destroyer so in the monsterverse it wouldnt even have the conection to all the important stuff the weapon had in the toho movies.

they could do biollante easier to keep her thematics for the monsterverse with some tweeks for being a giant underground titan, or if they ever feel like going weird and make aliens a thing I would put my money on orga.

outsie of those two It would be rgeat to have it be an original creation but one thats creative like the mutos where their shape, profile sound effects and movements are original or the skullcrawlers instead of the much more generic background titans from kotm (seriously they are ok but dont really stand out)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Janjira-York wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:38 pm my dumbass average fan would love it but thers no fucking earned fear or respect to the monsterverse oxygen destroyer, it just appeared so people clapped like dummies because they knew what it was there sno weight no moral dilema not allegory its just hey look is that cool thing and destoroyah is already a meh generic evil monster a WOW factor version of the oxygen destroyer so in the monsterverse it wouldnt even have the conection to all the important stuff the weapon had in the toho movies.
This is exactly why I don't want Destoroyah anywhere near the MonsterVerse. Well said.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:03 am
Janjira-York wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:38 pm my dumbass average fan would love it but thers no fucking earned fear or respect to the monsterverse oxygen destroyer, it just appeared so people clapped like dummies because they knew what it was there sno weight no moral dilema not allegory its just hey look is that cool thing and destoroyah is already a meh generic evil monster a WOW factor version of the oxygen destroyer so in the monsterverse it wouldnt even have the conection to all the important stuff the weapon had in the toho movies.
This is exactly why I don't want Destoroyah anywhere near the MonsterVerse. Well said.
I'm not a fan of how the Oxygen Destroyer was handled in the Monsterverse either, but can you really declare that post was "Well said," with its complete destruction of basic grammar? :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Spuro wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:11 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:03 am
I'm not a fan of how the Oxygen Destroyer was handled in the Monsterverse either, but can you really declare that post was "Well said," with its complete destruction of basic grammar? :lol:
Im horrible at grammar, I'm discussing in english not my main language about fictional monsters of japanese origin

and still got my point across I dont know chief but ill take it as a win :oops: