Godzilla Store Now Ships Outside Japan (Sort Of)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Godzilla Store Now Ships Outside Japan (Sort Of)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzilla Store has officially partnered with middlemen service Buyee to buy and ship to overseas markets.

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 5LH-w&s=19
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla Store Now Ships Outside Japan (Sort Of)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Here's a direct link:
https://godzilla.store/shop/e/eBuyee/

So yes, it's integrated directly into the Godzilla store site. So far it seems like a separate section, so maybe they'll have limits on what you can purchase still. Despite this, this is a much needed step in the right direction. People were using middle-men to begin with, and as far as I can tell this is as close to from the Godzilla store as they'll let you.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

This is great! And also dangerous… :shock:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Might pick up a few of those kaiju books. Definitely want the Shin, Ultima, and the Super X one looks pretty neat.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah I just ordered a bunch of the photo books. I picked up a handful of them at Kinokuniya NYC about a year ago and they are so good. I’ve had my eye on some more via kinokuniya’s website (they have a dedicated “Godzilla store” section on the USA site) but ordering them directly from the Japanese Godzilla store is less than half the price ($9 per book vs $23 on Kinokuniya USA). Of course I don’t know how much shipping will be yet…

I grabbed Godzilla 1964, 1964 V2, 1984, 1991, and 1995 as well as the Super X book and Gigan 1972. I’ve already got Megalon, Titanosaurus, and Ebirah.

I’m so pumped. I’m sure I’ll end up ordering more over the coming months. I’d love to have a complete collection of these books. They are really spectacular photo references.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:30 am Here's a direct link:
https://godzilla.store/shop/e/eBuyee/

So yes, it's integrated directly into the Godzilla store site. So far it seems like a separate section, so maybe they'll have limits on what you can purchase still. Despite this, this is a much needed step in the right direction. People were using middle-men to begin with, and as far as I can tell this is as close to from the Godzilla store as they'll let you.
Holy shit! FINALLY! Been trying to get Buyee to go into the Godzillastore since they got the EVA Store.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I am ready!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

So this is my first time using a service like buyee. I ordered 7 of the Toho visual books plus two keychains. The two keychains combined cost about the same as one book so you could use my example as if ordering 8 of the books.

My order total was just shy of $80 and the shipping (via buyee’s airmail option that promises delivery in 2 to 7 days) and service fees was about $35. That puts the final price per book at just over $14. Quite a bit cheaper than Kinokuniya’s $23.

I was curious how long the process would take and it wasn’t bad. I placed the order through buyee on day one. On day two buyee placed the order with the Godzilla Store. On day six the Godzilla Store shipped the order to buyee, but that includes a weekend so it was about four business days. On day eight buyee received the shipment and made it available to select a shipping method to me. I completed the order same day and am now just waiting for it to ship from buyee to me. So all told, about a week to make and process the order before it’s ready to ship stateside.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:17 am I ordered 7 of the Toho visual books plus two keychains...

My order total was just shy of $80 and the shipping (via buyee’s airmail option that promises delivery in 2 to 7 days) and service fees was about $35. That puts the final price per book at just over $14. Quite a bit cheaper than Kinokuniya’s $23.

...On day eight buyee received the shipment and made it available to select a shipping method to me.
Just to confirm, your final cost - incl buyee's shipping and fees - was $115?
Last edited by G1985 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It was closer to $113.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:04 pm It was closer to $113.
Ho Lee Poop. I'd been staying away from those Visual Guides (sellers are charging $30+ per volume here in the states) but at less than $15 per volume I may have to dive in!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:17 am So this is my first time using a service like buyee. I ordered 7 of the Toho visual books plus two keychains. The two keychains combined cost about the same as one book so you could use my example as if ordering 8 of the books.

Got about the same amount of books and yeah, pretty much the same price, shipping and all. It's pretty great.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah they’re really cool. They’re not huge but they contain really phenomenal photos, some of which have supposedly never been seen before. I paid about $20 or $25 each for the first few I picked up in person at a Kinokuniya and was perfectly happy at that price. But at $14 they’re practically a steal. I’m sure the more you order in one go, the lower the per-book cost comes out.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

My order arrived! It took 12 days total from the day I placed the order until I had the package in hand. Not too shabby when you consider the journey it had to go through…

I place order with and pay Buyee >> Buyee orders from Godzilla store >> Godzilla store packages and ships to Buyee >> Buyee notifies me package is ready >> I select and pay for shipping >> Buyee ships to me.

I posted more about the books in the book sub forum. The keychains are cool. I got them for my kids but I kinda wish I’d ordered a third one for me!

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

I registered on Buyee for this reason, and for Yahoo auctions, but I'm afraid I need to be led by the hand and walked through the different fees and postage options. I've been through it twice now, and can't seem to get an idea of the cost no matter what I've added (even just the one Varan figure).

I'd ask for a response via PM, but I haven't got the option. :(

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

You don’t really have a way to know until you’ve committed to buy. That’s one of the risks/downsides to these services. Your best bet is to read through the threads on this topic and see what others have paid. It won’t give you a precise answer but it will at least give you a ballpark idea.

In summary, ordering just one or two items and you’ll pay exorbitant shipping fees. Order a large quantity of items (books, figures, etc) and the shipping fees get spread out making the total purchase price more tolerable, and potentially even being cheaper than ordering from a domestic dealer.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 am You don’t really have a way to know until you’ve committed to buy. That’s one of the risks/downsides to these services. Your best bet is to read through the threads on this topic and see what others have paid. It won’t give you a precise answer but it will at least give you a ballpark idea.

In summary, ordering just one or two items and you’ll pay exorbitant shipping fees. Order a large quantity of items (books, figures, etc) and the shipping fees get spread out making the total purchase price more tolerable, and potentially even being cheaper than ordering from a domestic dealer.
It's not my first rodeo dealing with Japanese shipping costs. I've ordered several time via Mandarake, Anime Export, etc. I'd certainly make an order worth the shipping rate.

Yet, despite not knowing with those (other than by experience) what that shipping cost will be upfront, getting through the ordering process is pretty straightforward. Buyee doesn't seem to be the same, and I'm guessing it's because they are purely a proxy and not a retailer.

Frankly, White Rabbit scared me off when I learned of them awhile back due to how complicated it sounded, but this most certainly seems complicated, and also frustrating as they seem the default option for the G store or Yahoo auctions. Missing things on both has been bugging me for awhile, so I jumped in, and now I need a paddle. :(

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I don’t really know what else to tell you then. Buyee has a pretty clear instruction guide on how to use their service. Just follow it and you’ll be fine.

The simple version is you put the stuff you want in your Buyee cart and checkout. They’ll buy it for you and ship it to their warehouse. They notify once it arrives where you make your shipping selections, pay the actual shipping costs, and sent it to your address.

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
I didn’t know how to use it the first time either. I just followed the guide Buyee provides and kinda winged it. It’s really pretty simple and the easiest way to learn is to just do it once.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gojirasaur wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:50 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 am You don’t really have a way to know until you’ve committed to buy. That’s one of the risks/downsides to these services. Your best bet is to read through the threads on this topic and see what others have paid. It won’t give you a precise answer but it will at least give you a ballpark idea.

It's not my first rodeo dealing with Japanese shipping costs. I've ordered several time via Mandarake, Anime Export, etc. I'd certainly make an order worth the shipping rate.

Yet, despite not knowing with those (other than by experience) what that shipping cost will be upfront, getting through the ordering process is pretty straightforward. Buyee doesn't seem to be the same, and I'm guessing it's because they are purely a proxy and not a retailer.

Frankly, White Rabbit scared me off when I learned of them awhile back due to how complicated it sounded, but this most certainly seems complicated, and also frustrating as they seem the default option for the G store or Yahoo auctions. Missing things on both has been bugging me for awhile, so I jumped in, and now I need a paddle. :(
It is not complicated at all, to be honest. You register and either bid or purchase the item you wish, and then it gets shipped to their warehouse. They then calculate shipping costs and send you a second fee which varies according to the service (DHL, FedEx, Surface Mail, etc.)

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

The Godzilla store is doing another YouTube livestream right now showing off GvsMegalon 50th anniversary merch. I can’t stay up for it but I’m curious to see what new things they reveal in terms of SHMA, Bandai MMS, and X-plus figures. I also bet they show at least some of the soon to be released Bandai MMS figures we’ve all been waiting to see.

Added in 44 minutes 13 seconds:
Well I stayed up way too late but they’re showing MMS figures now. FW Goji looks good. Hedorah looked… ok. Manda looked fine except the back legs are molded into the body kinda like Biollante’s back vines. That kinda sucks but otherwise the figure looked better than the first promo shots.

Right now they’re showing some kind of white pearl colorway of the standard shin Godzilla mms. And I’m really headed to bed now. Will see what other treasures were shown when I wake up.