Which Godzilla is the face of the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

Witch godzilla is the face of the reiwa Era

Shin Godzilla
90%
Godzilla Earth from anime trilogy
1%
Godzilla SP
4%
Other design like the godzilla ride design
1%
Future design
3%

Total votes: 93

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Which Godzilla is the face of the Reiwa Era?

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Since every godzila era have a godzilla that repesent each era for example godzilla 1994 is the face of the hesia Era godzilla 2019 is the face of the monstervers, godzilla 2000 is face of minllium Era. So which godzilla is the face of the reiwa era of godzilla would it be shin, godzilla earth form the anime trilogy or would it be single point godzilla
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat May 14, 2022 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Witch godzilla is the face of the reiwa Era

Post by Vakanai »

Is there really a debate? As of right now, Shin is the face of Reiwa Godzilla easily. The anime film trilogy and Netflix series are basically also rans, rides and shorts don't have the exposure of film, so it's really just Shin by default. That's not ruling out some future design should we get a new series of films, but ultimately that's just speculation. So whether you love it or hate it, for right now Shin Godzilla is Reiwa Godzilla.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

As far as Toho is concerned Shin is not just the face of the era but the face of Godzilla period at the moment.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Definitely my boy Shin Godzilla. :D
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Shin. No contest. No debate.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:33 pm As far as Toho is concerned Shin is not just the face of the era but the face of Godzilla period at the moment.
Until Toho's next cinematic outing that is...

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:13 pm Until Toho's next cinematic outing that is...
I wouldn't quite say that, just look at how common it was to see Heisei Godzilla post-Millennium. New designs will get their time in the spotlight, but we'll see if they're as long lasting as the commercially successful, culturally significant Shin.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Smuggers wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:17 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:13 pm Until Toho's next cinematic outing that is...
I wouldn't quite say that, just look at how common it was to see Heisei Godzilla post-Millennium. New designs will get their time in the spotlight, but we'll see if they're as long lasting as the commercially successful, culturally significant Shin.
This is why Shin is the face of Reiwa. Shin was the first time that Toho was really experimenting with the IP and it work even though the movie was very boring

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:13 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:33 pm As far as Toho is concerned Shin is not just the face of the era but the face of Godzilla period at the moment.
Until Toho's next cinematic outing that is...
Again, any future design or cinematic outing is just speculation at this point, and if it's not popular Toho will still shill Shin more. And that's assuming that the next cinematic outing isn't Shin 2.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:17 pm
This is why Shin is the face of Reiwa. Shin was the first time that Toho was really experimenting with the IP and it work even though the movie was very boring
Eh, not everyone found it boring. I sure didn't.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:08 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:17 pm
Eh, not everyone found it boring. I sure didn't.
I know I’m just talking from my POV
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This one, obviously.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:52 pm This one, obviously.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
Your welcome
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:52 pm This one, obviously.

Welcome to the Reiwa Era, my pretties!
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Without question, it's Shin Godzilla. The iteration is being pushed hard by Toho, more so than any of the other incarnations mentioned.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm Without question, it's Shin Godzilla. The iteration is being pushed hard by Toho, more so than any of the other incarnations mentioned.
Yeah, but for how long we don't know.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:58 pm
Showa Gyaos wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm Without question, it's Shin Godzilla. The iteration is being pushed hard by Toho, more so than any of the other incarnations mentioned.
Yeah, but for how long we don't know.
Does it matter? It's the face of the Reiwa era right now and has been for over half a decade, and unless the next cinematic outing catches lightning in a bottle it'd take at least a couple movies or more to really replace it in the minds of most Japanese. And we don't even have confirmation that another Godzilla is incoming, much less one that might appear in either multiple movies or a solo as beloved in Japan as Shin. I get you might not like Shin and hope a more traditional take replaces it, but right now that's just baseless speculation about something you hope will happen.

Look, I get it, I'm in a similar position with Hollywood Godzilla. I want the Monsterverse ditched and something better right now, but I won't argue against the fact that to most English speaking people that just is Godzilla right now and likely to remain so for years to come (sadly).

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Too early to tell but for now, Shin's the obvious answer.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Vakanai wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:55 am
Does it matter? It's the face of the Reiwa era right now and has been for over half a decade, and unless the next cinematic outing catches lightning in a bottle it'd take at least a couple movies or more to really replace it in the minds of most Japanese. And we don't even have confirmation that another Godzilla is incoming, much less one that might appear in either multiple movies or a solo as beloved in Japan as Shin. I get you might not like Shin and hope a more traditional take replaces it, but right now that's just baseless speculation about something you hope will happen.

Look, I get it, I'm in a similar position with Hollywood Godzilla. I want the Monsterverse ditched and something better right now, but I won't argue against the fact that to most English speaking people that just is Godzilla right now and likely to remain so for years to come (sadly).
Does it also matter that the Heisei Godzilla is the face of the Heisei era? Besides how you feel about said films that is.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:42 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:55 am

Does it also matter that the Heisei Godzilla is the face of the Heisei era? Besides how you feel about said films that is.
Nope, I don't think so. Admittedly Heisei only has the one Godzilla so it's not like we could really debate it. Although we do argue which was the best costume. But it's really just personal preference. I don't think that there's really one that's the face of Heisei more than the others.