Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I know fans would love to see a certain couple Heisei characters return in the MV, and believe me I am down to see kaiju get a chance to have a new interpretation. But I must say, if there was one Godzilla kaiju that isn't Showa who I would love to return above all else, it'd be Orga.

Yeah, Orga gets lost in the "DESTOROYAH! KING GHIDORAH! WHAT ABOUT SPACEGODZILLA!" crowds when it comes to fans but I really think Orga would make for a cool opponent. I could see Orga absorbing the DNA from random MV kaiju before discovering that Godzilla is the source of power that it needs. The writers could honestly get by with having guys like Orga or Gigan simply been alien creatures that were in hibernation long ago in the Hollow Earth and were awakened by plot device X and Y. I'd love to see some new variation of the Millennians return as well, there's cool potential to be tapped with an alien race that can be more abstract in this series.

i just think that if Orga was brought to the table, then the MV could have him mutate from the DNA of their original monsters to have an excuse to include them while still having a new threat that can challenge Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:02 pm I know fans would love to see a certain couple Heisei characters return in the MV, and believe me I am down to see kaiju get a chance to have a new interpretation. But I must say, if there was one Godzilla kaiju that isn't Showa who I would love to return above all else, it'd be Orga.

Yeah, Orga gets lost in the "DESTOROYAH! KING GHIDORAH! WHAT ABOUT SPACEGODZILLA!" crowds when it comes to fans but I really think Orga would make for a cool opponent. I could see Orga absorbing the DNA from random MV kaiju before discovering that Godzilla is the source of power that it needs. The writers could honestly get by with having guys like Orga or Gigan simply been alien creatures that were in hibernation long ago in the Hollow Earth and were awakened by plot device X and Y. I'd love to see some new variation of the Millennians return as well, there's cool potential to be tapped with an alien race that can be more abstract in this series.

i just think that if Orga was brought to the table, then the MV could have him mutate from the DNA of their original monsters to have an excuse to include them while still having a new threat that can challenge Godzilla.
You are right that Orga is one that doesn't get talked about a lot (or at all) when comes to Toho monsters showing up in the MV. And honestly, I would love to see Orga show up at some point. It's a pretty unique monster and could make for a very interesting for Godzilla to fight.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gojira2K wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:14 pm
You are right that Orga is one that doesn't get talked about a lot (or at all) when comes to Toho monsters showing up in the MV. And honestly, I would love to see Orga show up at some point. It's a pretty unique monster and could make for a very interesting for Godzilla to fight.
Yeah, even with those giant hands alone Orga could make for an interesting fight. I think a lot could be done for a CGI Orga, especially the regeneration like we saw with the MV Ghidorah. Now, if the inclusion of Orga opened up the doors for the likes of Biollante & Spacegodzilla I'd be down for that too!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:36 pm
Gojira2K wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:14 pm
Yeah, even with those giant hands alone Orga could make for an interesting fight. I think a lot could be done for a CGI Orga, especially the regeneration like we saw with the MV Ghidorah. Now, if the inclusion of Orga opened up the doors for the likes of Biollante & Spacegodzilla I'd be down for that too!
Yeah, Orga is one of those monsters, like Ghidorah, that I think would really benefit from being done with CGI. And I would always be down for Biollante to show up at some point too. She's another one that I think would benefit from done with CGI as well.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I feel like Orga vs Kong would like like a heavyweight boxing fight if done right.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:09 pm I feel like Orga vs Kong would like like a heavyweight boxing fight if done right.
LOL they will never do it right, mass inertia is not existing in the legendary movies.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Janjira-York wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:03 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 pm OR...or start throw in actual Toho monsters so a DAM style film really FEELS like Destroy all Monstets.
the mutos are still more memorable than rodan for example but they are gone we would just get the nothing burger muto from KOTM in a DAM movie.

Merchandise produced would disagree with you. Rodan had more toys and other random merchandise made initially (and still continues today) than the Mutos have ever had. KOTM Rodan still gets made as toys and other random merchandise to this day, while the mutos barely have anything. This logically says that Rodan sells while the Mutos don't.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:29 am
Janjira-York wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:03 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 pm OR...or start throw in actual Toho monsters so a DAM style film really FEELS like Destroy all Monstets.
the mutos are still more memorable than rodan for example but they are gone we would just get the nothing burger muto from KOTM in a DAM movie.

Merchandise produced would disagree with you. Rodan had more toys and other random merchandise made initially (and still continues today) than the Mutos have ever had. KOTM Rodan still gets made as toys and other random merchandise to this day, while the mutos barely have anything. This logically says that Rodan sells while the Mutos don't.

I was thiking about on screen doing shit rather than consumerism, of course he would sell more it could be shitting on someones car and making pigeon noises
and it would sell because of the name is marketable and recognisable.

but yes classic properties are usually the bread and butter of consooomerism

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

darthzilla99 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:29 amMerchandise produced would disagree with you. Rodan had more toys and other random merchandise made initially (and still continues today) than the Mutos have ever had. KOTM Rodan still gets made as toys and other random merchandise to this day, while the mutos barely have anything. This logically says that Rodan sells while the Mutos don't.
To be fair, the MUTOs were barely given a chance as far as merchandise.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

OMFG OMFG OMFG those trees have to symbolize Biollante!! There is no other explanation!!

/s
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

This clearly means that the tree King Kong shoved down Godzilla’s throat from KKvG is confirmed.
About time it got to return to the big screen.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:30 pm https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... 3330259974

KDM with a riddle
Looks like gibberish to me.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'll treat this as a fun riddle/gibberish.

Oh fuck I think I got the riddle: I think it's Mu/Seatopians..or the race that worshipped Godzilla. Hear me out.
Spoiler:
Humans develop/damage the Hollow Earth (Hollow Earth), mining it for new resources. Unforunately...another race of beings/humans is down there (indicated by the humans bowing to another figure). The fight between Godzilla and Kong in GVK+other events in the MV (nuclear explosion in KOTM)+Human operations, has caused them to view humanity hostily and get revenge.

Maybe a HEAV/Kong come across a super advanced city (indicated by the shinaknsen and civilization). They have an artificial sun. Kong, is attacked by them, and goes on a ramapge, causing a conflict between humans and the underearth people. They have weapons, or something is triggered, that will have cataclymsic effects on the earth above, like giant tsunamis. Perhaps something is triggered and it melts ALL the icecaps at once, flooding the world, which is why antartic isn't there.

Wave=ripple of water effect of Godzilla vs. Kong.
"new" followed by many people is civilization that worships someone/something
HEAV and Kong stop means that Kong and Heav are exploring, comes across something and are forced to stop.
Tsunamis (triggered by the ice caps melting) are followed by dense overgrowth. Christmas tree could be interpretted as the cold coming back, or some huge flower-like forrestation,
No clue about "more than three", other than maybe it means more than three monsters. CHAOS is probably an acronym, as the other acronyms are also all capitlized (HE, HEAV).
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

TKDM
Samurai

Post by TKDM »

That’s funny. It’s a good riddle 😎

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Unless it's from an official source, I don't care.

How about that?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:30 pm https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... 3330259974

KDM with a riddle
Guessing the Gorilla and Dinosaur emojis with the boxing glove and two Xs either represent Godzilla and Kong not fighting again or them fighting two threats that both get defeated. Either one checks out ngl.
The city with the sun is 100% whatever happens in Rio.
No clue about the “more than three” stuff but it has me intrigued.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dv-218 wrote:

KDM with a riddle
Guessing the Gorilla and Dinosaur emojis with the boxing glove and two Xs either represent Godzilla and Kong not fighting again or them fighting two threats that both get defeated. Either one checks out ngl.
Honestly, even if this all BS, I like the idea of Godzilla and Kong fighting another pair of monsters. Godzilla and Kong teamed up against MG, but I’d like to see a pair of monsters meant to rival them. Could be new (which is preferable) but it could also be… Gigan and Megalon. I’m joking, but also not. What I mean is it would be cool to see two monsters with similar, but distinct designs to fight Godzilla and Kong. This one thing that the MV has been missing is a good all out 2 V2 brawl.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:36 am
Dv-218 wrote:

KDM with a riddle
Honestly, even if this all BS, I like the idea of Godzilla and Kong fighting another pair of monsters. Godzilla and Kong teamed up against MG, but I’d like to see a pair of monsters meant to rival them. Could be new (which is preferable) but it could also be… Gigan and Megalon. I’m joking, but also not. What I mean is it would be cool to see two monsters with similar, but distinct designs to fight Godzilla and Kong. This one thing that the MV has been missing is a good all out 2 V2 brawl.
Iirc KDM has some substantial journalist ties and his previous hints/reports have more or less been spot on, so while I’m skeptical I wouldn’t rule out at least some of this gibberish being genuine.

And yeah, this is 100% the reason I’m excited for a potential team up and the double threat prospect. Seeing Godzilla and Kong go back and forth between both individual enemies and vice versa for them would make for one hell of an entertaining fight dynamic a that could put all of the skills of the respective monsters in good use. Especially since this sorta fight layout can actually account for some character growth for Godzilla and Kong going from reluctant allies to a proper combat duo.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... _Ap_MsAAAA

More comprehensible plot teaser, suggesting that Jia is going to school at the start of the movie. Not terribly surprising given the set pics of the Monarch K-12 unit, but still something.

There was also another teaser suggesting that ancient humans connected to Kongs turned into something potentially magical. There was also the recurring motif of the sunset and the mountain emojis, which IMO has to do with either the throne room in GvK or the HE eneergy source as a whole.