Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Gojira95 »

Yeah I didn't get "DAM" from his tweet either. More like Godzilla and Kong against a duo like Gigan and Megalon for example.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

The only thing more cringe than WB doing a DAM type film, would be the fandom crying and complaining about them making a DAM type film. If Godzilla continues to be a dick, I'm on board!

But also, the best way to pay attention to leaks is always toys. Ignore everything else until then.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

If mods are asking people to not post leaks, can we also ban "my uncle works at Nintendo" type posts, too? Whether they turn out to be true or not, there's no way for us to verify them and they create a bunch of noise about nothing.

I'm willing to put money on "Godzilla and Kong" being like 90% of the final title. Maybe they'll add a subtitle, but they need the star power of those two names in the title to garner attention. If it were to end up being a name like "Destroy All Monsters" it would be an uphill fight in terms of advertising.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The last film was "Godzilla vs Kong". I don't believe for a second they're going to name the next one "Godzilla AND Kong" Not only is it way too similar (and screams "Hey look, mainstream audiences, it's more of the same!") it reads like a goofy buddy comedy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:29 am The last film was "Godzilla vs Kong". I don't believe for a second they're going to name the next one "Godzilla AND Kong" Not only is it way too similar (and screams "Hey look, mainstream audiences, it's more of the same!") it reads like a goofy buddy comedy.
Well, Lethal Weapon did influence a scene or two in GvK. ;)

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:29 am The last film was "Godzilla vs Kong". I don't believe for a second they're going to name the next one "Godzilla AND Kong" Not only is it way too similar (and screams "Hey look, mainstream audiences, it's more of the same!") it reads like a goofy buddy comedy.
Mainstream audiences liked GvK, though, so it stands to reason that they'd like more of the same. Anyway, as Fermix already pointed out, you really need to have both names in the title to grab attention. There are only so many ways to do that.

Putting all my money on a Godzilla and Kong: Blankety Blank title right now.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

So, we all know principal filming for the movie has wrapped up, and there's leaks filtering out and we all want in on that juicy information...

We have rules in place regarding not just leaks but discussions around leaks and asking for the info. To reiterate:

1. Do not post leaked images or video footage on the forums. This is ground for multiple warnings.

2. Do not post FAKE leaked images or try to troll with as such. It is disruptive to the threads and discussion going on, and is grounds for a triple warning.

3. Do not go around begging for leaks on the forum. This is spam and clogs up the threads it happens in. If you're so desperate, go look elsewhere on the internet or ask via PM. This as well is grounds for warnings.

So, if/when further leaks come lurking around, don't go filling up the chat here with "please share the info as proof". Please remember the rules, and remain respectful and civil. We got over a year before we're likely to see any concrete trailers and whatnot, so I know it's going to be a long wait.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Giratina93 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:48 pm 2. Do not post FAKE leaked images or try to troll with as such. It is disruptive to the threads and discussion going on, and is grounds for a triple warning.
I mean, boss man. What about this thread: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33276

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:37 pm
Giratina93 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:48 pm 2. Do not post FAKE leaked images or try to troll with as such. It is disruptive to the threads and discussion going on, and is grounds for a triple warning.
I mean, boss man. What about this thread: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33276
That is a thread entirely dedicated to fake leaks. It is not disrupting normal conversation in other threads, so it is fine.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Giratina93 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:48 pm 1. Do not post leaked images or video footage on the forums. This is ground for multiple warnings.
And just to make sure everyone understands why this is necessary, I assume it's for legal reasons? Sharing leaks runs the risk of getting the site in some kind of trouble with Toho?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:23 pm
Giratina93 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:48 pm 1. Do not post leaked images or video footage on the forums. This is ground for multiple warnings.
And just to make sure everyone understands why this is necessary, I assume it's for legal reasons? Sharing leaks runs the risk of getting the site in some kind of trouble with Toho?
That is part of the reason, yes, though not the full reason. To quote Arbok from 6 years back:

By policy, we don't permit leaks of things related to Toho's properties on the boards. While it's true there is a legal component, the larger reason is that we respect the companies involved and, if we have a working relationship or not, prefer to act on their behalf.
The full post can be found here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25943
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Makes sense to me! Thanks.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Especially with the new Toho Godzilla film releasing before this new MV film, there’s bound to be a plethora of leaks here and leaks there for both projects. We just want everyone to be on the same page.

If there are any more questions (ex. from new or returning members) feel free to PM any administrators.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 pm OR...or start throw in actual Toho monsters so a DAM style film really FEELS like Destroy all Monstets.
we dont need that shit at all

garanteed they would get less screen time than the rando titans and would do nothing just make nerds clap because they know them.

DAM film could work but they need to fucking show us the titans they already have do anything.

the mutos are still more memorable than rodan for example but they are gone we would just get the nothing burger muto from KOTM in a DAM movie.

a DAM movie would be fucking great but its gotta earn the screen time and care for the monsters other than godzilla and kong, G:TS monster wars trilogy had the previously shown monsters in it for example; and they werent classical monsters or stand in copyright free versions of toho monsters they werte their own thing, in those episodes they destroyed stuff around the world and we had seen them in their respective episodes that made the alien controlling plot feel earned.

besides this most people claiming to have insider info is just pure bs like a small handful of people actually leak stuff, then it spreads like a broken phone game till it reaches twitter and then it becomes public nonsense youtube dumbass theories and arguments based on 1% leak and 99% nonsesne

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Mutos more memorable than Rodan? I definitely don't agree with that. Say what you will of KOTM but Rodan's entrance was goddamn classic movie monster action. What did the Mutos do that was memorable? Mate?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:51 pm Mutos more memorable than Rodan? I definitely don't agree with that. Say what you will of KOTM but Rodan's entrance was goddamn classic movie monster action. What did the Mutos do that was memorable? Mate?
To argue in favor of the MUTOs, the hatching of the winged MUTO was well done and memorable imo. The female MUTO sort of just showed up, but the very first appearance of any MUTO was done well. Idk if I prefer it to Rodan’s entrance, but it sure was monstrous.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:51 pm Mutos more memorable than Rodan? I definitely don't agree with that. Say what you will of KOTM but Rodan's entrance was goddamn classic movie monster action. What did the Mutos do that was memorable? Mate?
Gotta agree here. I honestly loved the MUTOs as antagonists both plot and design wise but Rodan’s entrance is probably the most intense Kaiju introductions in the MV as of now, probably second only to the 2014 airport scene. The soundtrack coupled with the sheer destructive flare of his emergence left one hell of an impression imo. Especially the jet fight and the chase. I do see the point in regards to the MUTOs having more or an overall presence in their respective roles.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

The moments that were most memorable in my mind were Ford’s two face-to-face confrontations with the female MUTO. Although watching Rodan swallow a fighter pilot was disturbing, watching Ford point his pistol at the MUTO as certain death slowly approached left a greater impression in my memory.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SpiderZilla wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:50 pm
The moments that were most memorable in my mind were Ford’s two face-to-face confrontations with the female MUTO. Although watching Rodan swallow a fighter pilot was disturbing, watching Ford point his pistol at the MUTO as certain death slowly approached left a greater impression in my memory.
Aside from the bridge scene this is probably my favorite human-monster interaction in the film. The tense buildup to the confrontation as Ford scurries with the boat as fast as possible shifting to the female’s sudden neck twitch and Ford’s confusing reaction to reveal Godzilla biting her were incredibly well shot. Plus the fact that there was no music in that moment made it oddly mundane despite the circumstance lol.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering what Rodan confirmed became I'd say he's still ore well know than the Mutos.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image