Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by miguelnuva »

Sounds like the poster leak is coming back up. Kdm mentions there isn't one giant villian, the poster leaks is 90% confirmed at this point and when kdm shot down what I posted on Instagram it was mentioned no plans have changed.

Using all that my prediction is Destroy all Titans/Monsters.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Poster leak? Where!?
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:34 am Sounds like the poster leak is coming back up. Kdm mentions there isn't one giant villian, the poster leaks is 90% confirmed at this point and when kdm shot down what I posted on Instagram it was mentioned no plans have changed.

So this is confirmation that your "source" isn't someone actually sliding you DMs and you're just getting shit from Twitter, right?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:22 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:34 am Sounds like the poster leak is coming back up. Kdm mentions there isn't one giant villian, the poster leaks is 90% confirmed at this point and when kdm shot down what I posted on Instagram it was mentioned no plans have changed.

So this is confirmation that your "source" isn't someone actually sliding you DMs and you're just getting shit from Twitter, right?
Not at all.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:41 am

Not at all.
Ok, then give us a REAL leak. Not some generic half-assed statement like "I can't say much, but Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others" or some long etsablished fan theory that the film is going to be the MV's DAM.

Tell us something actually valid that will prove you got yourself a real inside man. Give us a true plot detail.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

People really need to stop with the DAM thing. Like, what are people expecting? Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Kong and a bunch of nobody Titans only the hardcore fans care about? This series hasn't earned this yet. I think some sort of space Godzilla is more likely at this point. Not THE Space Godzilla, just A space Godzilla.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:56 pm People really need to stop with the DAM thing. Like, what are people expecting? Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Kong and a bunch of nobody Titans only the hardcore fans care about? This series hasn't earned this yet. I think some sort of space Godzilla is more likely at this point. Not THE Space Godzilla, just A space Godzilla.
Honestly yeah. If they wanna make their own DAM, they gotta establish more of their original Titans going forward. I want to see more of “Titanus Doug” and Behemoth, Scylla and Barb-MUTO and what have you before I’m gonna feel hyped about a big DAM event.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

OR...or start throw in actual Toho monsters so a DAM style film really FEELS like Destroy all Monstets.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 pm OR...or start throw in actual Toho monsters so a DAM style film really FEELS like Destroy all Monstets.
That would be cool. A healthy mix of Toho and Legendary monsters would be the ideal situation, old with the new to make something really satisfying.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:45 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:41 am

Not at all.
Ok, then give us a REAL leak. Not some generic half-assed statement like "I can't say much, but Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others" or some long etsablished fan theory that the film is going to be the MV's DAM.

Tell us something actually valid that will prove you got yourself a real inside man. Give us a true plot detail.
I can't give you what I don’t have.

1. The mods told stop posting what ever I heard real or fake.

2. I've said before the start the person I talk to is hit or miss and I'm passing on what I heard in case someone else wanted to know or speculate.

Other than what I repeated about the orginal MV plans that KDM said weren't true the last thing I heard was that Godzilla fans would eat good in 2023 which I.never posted here.

I don't have an "inside man" who contacts me on Twitter. I have a friend who I talk to on the phone, that hears inside information from their job talking to their sources and if it's something they can past on and I'm intreasted cool.

Me saying DAM is not a leak it's me speculating off info anyone of us can find online.

The person I talked to right now doesn't have anyone working at WB that they get rumors from right now.

I've told everyone back during Godzilla vs Kong that the person I talk to bats a little above .500 and that what I repeat is not 100% going to happen.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:56 pm People really need to stop with the DAM thing. Like, what are people expecting? Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Kong and a bunch of nobody Titans only the hardcore fans care about? This series hasn't earned this yet. I think some sort of space Godzilla is more likely at this point. Not THE Space Godzilla, just A space Godzilla.
DAM is synonymous with big monster brawling the fandom. Final Wars and even Kotm technically are DAM types of films.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:31 pm I can't give you what I don’t have.
So you don't have ANY real leaks or an inside man?
Send me via DM.
2. I've said before the start the person I talk to is hit or miss and I'm passing on what I heard in case someone else wanted to know or speculate.
So if you don't have anything to share, then what are you getting from the person you're talking to?
Other than what I repeated about the orginal MV plans that KDM said weren't true the last thing I heard was that Godzilla fans would eat good in 2023 which I.never posted here.
That's not even a leak. That's a straight up fact we've known since GvK and the Apple+ show was announced.
I don't have an "inside man" who contacts me on Twitter. I have a friend who I talk to on the phone, that hears inside information from their job talking to their sources and if it's something they can past on and I'm intreasted cool.
Ok. So then what have you heard, exactly?
Me saying DAM is not a leak it's me speculating off info anyone of us can find online.
Yeah, exactly.
The person I talked to right now doesn't have anyone working at WB that they get rumors from right now.
... So your person doesn't have inside information on the MV, directly conflicting with your reports of having a "source."
I've told everyone back during Godzilla vs Kong that the person I talk to bats a little above .500 and that what I repeat is not 100% going to happen.
But you legit just said your source has nobody inside WB and has no MV leaks. Which is it?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:36 pm
Send me via DM.
So if you don't have anything to share, then what are you getting from the person you're talking to?
That's not even a leak. That's a straight up fact we've known since GvK and the Apple+ show was announced.
Yeah, exactly.
... So your person doesn't have inside information on the MV, directly conflicting with your reports of having a "source."
But you legit just said your source has nobody inside WB and has no MV leaks. Which is it?
They no longer have someone at WB. Last year around Godzilla vs Kong time they did and were telling me stuff about Godzilla vs Kong and the DCEU ect.

The last thing they had before the person they talk to at WB was what KDM said wasn't true.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm
Send me via DM.
Yeah, exactly.
They no longer have someone at WB. Last year around Godzilla vs Kong time they did and were telling me stuff about Godzilla vs Kong and the DCEU ect.

The last thing they had before the person they talk to at WB was what KDM said wasn't true.
So, once again, you have no valid source and no actual leaks. Is that correct?

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

How is KOTM anything close to a "DAM type film"? If you ignore the glimpses of the other Titans (as everyone but hardcore fans do) its got the same four monsters as Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster does. It's not an all-out monster brawl.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm How is KOTM anything close to a "DAM type film"? If you ignore the glimpses of the other Titans (as everyone but hardcore fans do) its got the same four monsters as Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster does. It's not an all-out monster brawl.
DAM was about several monsters attacking the world all at once other than all the monsters vs Ghidorah at the end and Toho actually showing us more monsters on DAM, DAM, Final wars, Monster wars and Kotm follow similar stroy beats.

Added in 7 minutes 34 seconds:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:53 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm

Send me via DM.

Yeah, exactly.

So, once again, you have no valid source and no actual leaks. Is that correct?
You're asking a question that shouldn't be simplified in the way you want.

Do I have a source that is valid, I would answer yes.

Do I have somone who csn currently leak something from the MV, I would answer No.

Have I posted actual leaks here, I would answer yes for Godzilla vs Kong and no for the upcoming film. I also said the person I talked to doesn't know what is going on with future MV films.

Did I know what I was posting about Godzilla vs Kong were leaks when I posted them? I posted them as rumors with grains of salt and it looks like they were right.

Godzilla was like a Super Titan and Mechagodzilla was not as powerful as the movie made him out to be.

Anything I say about MV5 is myself speculating. Anything I said about Godzilla vs Kong is open to what ever someone considers a leak or a rumor but I always call what ever is posted a rumor.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:05 pm
No. I'm putting you on blast, there's a difference. I'm not going to just sit here like I did with GvK and watch you try and claim you have sources/inside information while only stating the most generic, non-spoilery things possible like "Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others", or however it was worded before.
Be it what you think is valid or not is moot. You just said you don't have any information.
Do I have somone who csn currently leak something from the MV, I would answer No.
So you do not have a valid source.
Have I posted actual leaks here, I would answer yes for Godzilla vs Kong and no for the upcoming film. I also said the person I talked to doesn't know what is going on with future MV films.
As I just said:
I'm not going to just sit here like I did with GvK and watch you try and claim you have sources/inside information while only stating the most generic, non-spoilery things possible like "Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others", or however it was worded before.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:14 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:05 pm
No. I'm putting you on blast, there's a difference. I'm not going to just sit here like I did with GvK and watch you try and claim you have sources/inside information while only stating the most generic, non-spoilery things possible like "Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others", or however it was worded before.
Be it what you think is valid or not is moot. You just said you don't have any information.
So you do not have a valid source.
As I just said:
I'm not going to just sit here like I did with GvK and watch you try and claim you have sources/inside information while only stating the most generic, non-spoilery things possible like "Godzilla is a Super Titan compared to the others", or however it was worded before.
At this point if it makes you feel better no I don't have a vaild source then. Why was me sharing what I heard about Godzilla vs Kong so offensive to you that you decided that you had to personally put me on blast.

You are the one saying inside information. I from day one called my friend a source maybe I used the wrong word there my fault I'm sorry, but I said from day one everyone these are not leaks take them with a grain of salt, I heard from somone who has told me some correct and some incorrect things about films. Then I provided what I hear in a rumor thread.

I got excited when I talked to said friend again and posted what were rumored canceled plans the MV had which turned out wrong.

I'm not your enemy MM and I don't want to be.

I'm a Godzilla fan that heard some got excited and passed it on. Like I said if using the word source in this context was wrong, my bad.

And wouldn't saying generic things as you said and admiting my source is hit or miss be bad on my part if I was trying to create a believable source?

The same way you helped spread Godzilla vs Judas if I wanted to make things up wouldn't as Godzilla fan it would be easier to have made a fake leak?

I'm not trying to trick anyone I was just creating discussion on a rumor I had heard.

So here's the final tally.

Mods have asked me to stop. I will not be posting anything further that is a leak or a rumor that I have personally heard, you have won MM.

We can all just go back to speculating and discussing future MV films.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm How is KOTM anything close to a "DAM type film"?
The main plots of both movies is outer space alien antagonist takes control of army of earth born giant monsters in order to destroy the world. The final battle though is a Godzilla vs. Gigan plot with GTTHM kaiju cast.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

darthzilla99 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:51 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm How is KOTM anything close to a "DAM type film"?
The main plots of both movies is outer space alien antagonist takes control of army of earth born giant monsters in order to destroy the world. The final battle though is a Godzilla vs. Gigan plot with GTTHM kaiju cast.
I would say KOTM comes close to a DAM type movie, but I wouldn’t classify it as one because all of the kaiju/titans that show up in the movie don’t join in a giant all out fight. It has the pieces but it’s more focused on the 2v2 fight for dominance over the other kaiju/nature itself. Granted, DAM doesn’t have every single kaiju pop up in the final fight, either, but there are at least 7 that fight Ghidorah in any on-screen capacity.

Resized Image

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Man I just love it when beef enters public fourums.

Anyways, has anyone considered that KDM's tweet doesn't necessarily mean "giant monster war"? It could also just mean there's two antagonists instead of one (which might make sense to give both G and K antagonists if they do separate subplots).