Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by BurningCoolMan »

old news

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Sammy19 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:30 pm So, Legendary is considering to move to either Sony or Paramount: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... 04643?s=20. Wonder how Kong will be affected.
My friend told me at worse a soft reboot and slight tweaks to Godzilla and Kong's design but the expected result is Legendary would just pick the franchise up and continue on.

Added in 5 minutes 7 seconds:
Anyway take this with a grain of salt
Spoiler:
Orginal plan was for the 5th Monsterverse film was explaining the Titan war in the pass and setting a new one up.

6th film was going to be a modern Titan war.

Kotm migated plans. Legendary thinks the MV is still viable and GvsK showed them that but Kotm toned crazy huge plans back.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 pm Anyway take this with a grain of salt
Spoiler:
Orginal plan was for the 5th Monsterverse film was explaining the Titan war in the pass and setting a new one up.

Kotm migated plans. Legendary thinks the MV is still viable and GvsK showed them that but Kotm toned crazy huge plans back.
Where is all this coming from?

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 pm
Sammy19 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:30 pm So, Legendary is considering to move to either Sony or Paramount: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/stat ... 04643?s=20. Wonder how Kong will be affected.
My friend told me at worse a soft reboot and slight tweaks to Godzilla and Kong's design but the expected result is Legendary would just pick the franchise up and continue on.

Spoiler:

sure

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spoiler:

My man. Straight up, don't take this road. Even if you do have a "friend" on the inside. You don't want to go down this path. It never ends well.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Take this with a grain of salt, but my friend's cousin's brother's mom's roommate's fuckbuddy works at Legendary, and HE told me that the next big villain is going to be Bagan and he will be 10,000 feet tall and is going to kill Kong and step on Milly Bobby Brown. Big if true.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

tell your friend to shill for the mutos to be back, no not that old karen looking barb, the ones that are jet black
Last edited by Janjira-York on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:38 pm

Spoiler:

My man. Straight up, don't take this road. Even if you do have a "friend" on the inside. You don't want to go down this path. It never ends well.
I told people before about this several times before when Godzilla vs Kong was coming out. No one has to believe me but I thought I'd share what I heard in case somone wanted a read.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, let's not post rumors and hearsay when there's nothing to discuss. Remember what happened to the original GVK discussion thread: locked when discussion became a circus of fantasy matches, false rumors, and all purpose spam.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:15 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 pm Anyway take this with a grain of salt
Spoiler:

Where is all this coming from?
A person that has told me somone wrong and some right things about certain movies I am intreasted in.

They told me Godzilla was like a Super Titan in GvsK and Mechagodzilla wasn't as strong as people thought about a month before Godzilla vs Kong came out.

To respect UltramanGoji's wishes I won't add anything else.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

lets be honest even if you were right and the source actually verifiable threads like that in most forums STILL always devolve into chaos and spam and namecalling from people with diferent opinions

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

With Gamera returning with anime, I do hope he joins the Monsterverse.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Sammy19 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:52 am With Gamera returning with anime, I do hope he joins the Monsterverse.
Why would one thing necessarily lead to another?

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:11 am
Sammy19 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:52 am With Gamera returning with anime, I do hope he joins the Monsterverse.
Cause why not.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:11 am
Topical
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Kong is public domain. King Kong is not. They can transition with few problems. What you SHOULD be worried about is how Godzilla will be affected. And they should totally go to Paramount, so we can adapt Godzilla vs The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

i wonder how much of the movie will take place in the hollow earth and if Godzilla will go there.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaijucifer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:33 pm
Kong is public domain. King Kong is not. They can transition with few problems. What you SHOULD be worried about is how Godzilla will be affected. And they should totally go to Paramount, so we can adapt Godzilla vs The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
On top of that, they should totally do a Godzilla cartoon on Nickelodeon.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I'm curious to know more of these supposed GvK sequel spoilers and future plans for the MV....

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Kaijucifer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:33 pm
Not worried about Godzilla cause Toho is protective of their child.