Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Handsome Shrek »

:roll:

Yep here we go again with Biollante. Just like clockwork
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:58 pm I mean I think we should give absolutely no attention to any kind of "leaks" going around this early considering I can make a 4chan account right now, go pretend to be a leaker myself, and say "The main antagonist Titan of the movie is actually Kong's ancestor who took pleasure in killing and enslaving other Titans."

But amusing this idea of a Biollante/SpaceG clone for a second, it'd technically be a unique kaiju, satisfying those of you who want more original monsters in the MV, and Biollante has been the most logical big bad since GvK. (Besides my idea of having Biollante emerging on the West Coast and Hedorah emerging on the East Coast, with Godzilla at the eye of the incoming apocalyptic storm)
You don't need to make an account to post there. Why would anyone do that? It's pretty early in leaking season, but the most reliable thing we can do is wait for some toys or other kind of merchandise. Sayaka was right btw, and so many folks were so damn mean to them.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:37 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:58 pm I mean I think we should give absolutely no attention to any kind of "leaks" going around this early considering I can make a 4chan account right now, go pretend to be a leaker myself, and say "The main antagonist Titan of the movie is actually Kong's ancestor who took pleasure in killing and enslaving other Titans."

But amusing this idea of a Biollante/SpaceG clone for a second, it'd technically be a unique kaiju, satisfying those of you who want more original monsters in the MV, and Biollante has been the most logical big bad since GvK. (Besides my idea of having Biollante emerging on the West Coast and Hedorah emerging on the East Coast, with Godzilla at the eye of the incoming apocalyptic storm)
You don't need to make an account to post there. Why would anyone do that? It's pretty early in leaking season, but the most reliable thing we can do is wait for some toys or other kind of merchandise. Sayaka was right btw, and so many folks were so damn mean to them.
I think you took my first point too literal, and by doing so you’re still proving my point. Any nobody-random can go on the site, come up with some half-baked concept in order to get fan discussion and movie news outlets to report on their nonsense, and the person behind the rumors gets the attention they’ve been looking for.

Sayaka was right, and continued to be right, until higher-ups contacted this site in order to shut him down. But once that happened, he was proven correct to all of us because no one gets shut down for being wrong. 4chan is a total asylum of people trying to find fame through lies.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If we're talking about leakers, then for all we know I could be a space ape :blackholealien:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:08 pm If we're talking about leakers, then for all we know I could be a space ape :blackholealien:
See, I'm a Space Nebulan Cockroach myself.

Added in 3 minutes 39 seconds:
I wonder if Godzilla's design will change any for the sequel. I'd be interested in glowing scars, to pronounce the Anakin-slash over his left eye, and the axe wound on his hip from Kong. How about his power-ups for that matter? What new feats could we see? Blue Nuclear Pulses? Red atomic blasts?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:23 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:08 pm If we're talking about leakers, then for all we know I could be a space ape :blackholealien:

I wonder if Godzilla's design will change any for the sequel. I'd be interested in glowing scars, to pronounce the Anakin-slash over his left eye, and the axe wound on his hip from Kong. How about his power-ups for that matter? What new feats could we see? Blue Nuclear Pulses? Red atomic blasts?
We might be due the spiral ray at that point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:23 pm

I adore the idea of the scars! Even if it's just those scars, a remnant of the battles from GvK would be an amazing continuity choice for the design while making it "different" and a bit fresh, since they seem to be keen on keeping DougheGoji's design (not that I'm complaining).
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I do think some scars and a bigger head would be cool subtle tweaks.

I hope they don’t change the design for the most part but a few little things like this would be great

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Forever a white tips believer, but yeah at least the scars would be nice for visual consistency.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I actually want the whip tail to return

Servii
Ronin

Post by Servii »

If the MV continues for a few more movies, I'd love for Godzilla and Kong both to get more and more scarred and beat up in each movie. If they don't do that, though, I think the Doughegoji design is nearly perfect. Just enlarge his head and maybe tweak a few other things.

My prediction is that, worst case scenario, we'll get at least one more MV movie after G&K. G&K will probably focus on the cut stuff from GvK while setting up the threat for a DAM-like sequel.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:49 pm I actually want the whip tail to return
I would be down for that. Whip tail was sick.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I just want to remind everyone how how easy it was to get ya'll to believe Shin Godzilla was going to be Godzilla vs. Judas. And we came up with that in the time frame of like 10 minutes.

Stop giving credence to obvious BS.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Servii
Ronin

Post by Servii »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm I just want to remind everyone how how easy it was to get ya'll to believe Shin Godzilla was going to be Godzilla vs. Judas. And we came up with that in the time frame of like 10 minutes.

Wait, what's that about Judas?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Servii wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm I just want to remind everyone how how easy it was to get ya'll to believe Shin Godzilla was going to be Godzilla vs. Judas. And we came up with that in the time frame of like 10 minutes.

http://www.tokyolivespodcast.com/gmn/20 ... tails-leak

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

On the subject of design changes, anyone else feel like Legendary Godzilla's teeth and gums could use a rework? Always thought those looked off to me. Teeth look too small and the gums just look weird. Obviously I don't expect them to make that change, in fact I can pretty confidently say they won't, but its interesting to thing about nonetheless.

Servii
Ronin

Post by Servii »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:30 pm
Servii wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:28 pm

rumor-control-godzilla-resurgance-story-details
I just read it. Am I crazy, or does that movie actually sound awesome?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:36 pm On the subject of design changes, anyone else feel like Legendary Godzilla's teeth and gums could use a rework? Always thought those looked off to me. Teeth look too small and the gums just look weird. Obviously I don't expect them to make that change, in fact I can pretty confidently say they won't, but its interesting to thing about nonetheless.
I think enlarging his head would improve on those issues not that they ever bothered me.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:36 pm On the subject of design changes, anyone else feel like Legendary Godzilla's teeth and gums could use a rework? Always thought those looked off to me. Teeth look too small and the gums just look weird. Obviously I don't expect them to make that change, in fact I can pretty confidently say they won't, but its interesting to thing about nonetheless.
I just want spine design change. I like the '54 spines on LPG, still say they look great. But man, I'd kill for him to rock the 1962 or Heisei spines. Or, at the very least, add some white/silver to the spines so they stand out against his body. I expect some sort of design change, if only for the sale of merchandise.

Quote of the Year:

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I think we will see some sort of design change because of merch as well.

Not sure I support a spine change. I like what we have at this point. But a slightly larger head and scars are something I could be down with