Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yep! It’s been confirmed! Not so much info yet.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/godzil ... s-roundup/
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong 2!

Post by _JNavs_ »

Will it just be the son of kong film that's been rumored since GvK? Or has it been confirmed both will be in it?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla vs Kong 2!

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:25 pm Will it just be the son of kong film that's been rumored since GvK? Or has it been confirmed both will be in it?
Just that it’s going to have a lot of filming in Australia and seems locked in place. As it stands now, we don’t have a lot of proof Godzilla is in the film, it might be along focused, but in any case it’s still cool.

Forgive the thread title being displayed as “Godzilla vs Kong 2”. “A Godzilla vs Kong sequel” feels more accurate.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by vastatosaurus »

https://www.nationaltribune.com.au/mons ... s-of-jobs/

Sounds like it's gonna start filming later this year. This means that even Godzilla can appear here and may be aiming to be released on the 70th anniversary.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can't wait to see this thread turn into "*insert film name here* General Discussion."
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Massive speculation on my end, but given it’ll apparently have double the shooting in Australia, it makes me think that this film will more heavily focus on the Hollow-Earth/Skull Island. The press release mentions both films. So yeah, it’s more likely that Kong will be more of a focus.

However, don’t be distraught. There’s still a ton of unresolved and undeveloped things involving Godzilla and Kong’s species in the Hollow Earth. We never actually saw the war. Likewise, although it was utilized well, the Hollow-Earth felt like such a big location with many fantastical creatures that could appear.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I would prefer they not call it “Godzilla Vs Kong”, but rather Godzilla & Kong. Such a title will indicate the two being allies now. Also, I think that this movie should use the subtitle Battle for Earth, or heck even Save The Earth as a nod to the past.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

If this is really starting production at the end of this year, 2024 is the most plausible opening year. 2023 is too early and 2025 is too late.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:46 pm If this is really starting production at the end of this year, 2024 is the most plausible opening year. 2023 is too early and 2025 is too late.
Assuming there’s no delays or other horrible things to happen. :(

It would make sense for the Apple TV series to come out in 2023 to lead up to the movie/build hype. Additionally as you said I think 3 years is a good time between sequels. Not too rushed and it’ll give things plenty of time to develop.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Great news! Took longer than I expected to be announced, but I'm glad its finally happening.

Going to call it now - if Godzilla is involved and this isn't just that solo Kong follow-up, I think there's a good chance Mothra will be in it as well. She was supposed to be in that post-credits scene for GvK, after all, so they at least had more plans for her at some point. Hopefully they still do, she was quite underutilized in KOTM. Also a chance to implement some of the more mythical attributes if they want, though I still wouldn't expect Shobijin.

Would also love to see Rodan again, too. He's still out there!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The war bats felt a little underutilized and we saw that they clearly had a second design with more abilities. I’d love to see them make a return.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Am I the only one who feels strange that the first place we are hearing about this movie is local Australian newspapers and news? While Legendary, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, and Variety are all quite. I feel like these Australian medias broke the embargo.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:24 pm Am I the only one who feels strange that the first place we are hearing about this movie is local Australian newspapers and news? While Legendary, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, and Variety are all quite. I feel like these Australian medias broke the embargo.
It’s admittedly a little suspicious. What it appears to me is a politician, and some local governments made an announcement to local newspapers and such about how they’re increasing nearby jobs and local art. It does definitely seem possible that it’s more on them than Legendary or other places.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone care to guess who the main antagonist kaiju will be? It would be awesome if it was Hedorah, to honor Banno.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:37 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:24 pm Am I the only one who feels strange that the first place we are hearing about this movie is local Australian newspapers and news? While Legendary, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, and Variety are all quite. I feel like these Australian medias broke the embargo.
It’s admittedly a little suspicious. What it appears to me is a politician, and some local governments made an announcement to local newspapers and such about how they’re increasing nearby jobs and local art.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. It would've been much cooler if it had been made a surprise official announcement at some comic-con. I feel like some Australian local politicians crossed line to show off. Especially the Premier of Queensland? She posted this on her twitter as a breaking news.

https://twitter.com/tokusadboy/status/1 ... 4rcUf1p5NQ

All this situation looks a bit unusual to me LOL

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It's been quite a while since I logged on and posted something.

I'm leaning towards a Kong project. Queensland/Gold Coast was used for filming Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla vs. Kong. Makes me think the project will focus mainly on the Hollow Earth as some have speculated.

With "Son of Kong" floating around the rumor pile, it seems that naturally would be the next course of action they'd take.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Am I the only one who's noticing how small the budget is compared to all of the other MV films? I mean a paltry 120m compared to the standard 150-160m budget we've been getting for the other 4 movies, really Legendary? I thought GvK did really well and made profit. So I guess either we'll have a lot less monster screen time or the CG would be watered down a lot. Disappointing man!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ultrazilla wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:23 pm Am I the only one who's noticing how small the budget is compared to all of the other MV films? I mean a paltry 120m compared to the standard 150-160m budget we've been getting for the other 4 movies, really Legendary? I thought GvK did really well and made profit. So I guess either we'll have a lot less monster screen time or the CG would be watered down a lot. Disappointing man!
That 120 million is only based in Australia. Most likely the films budget is much higher.

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

https://mobile.twitter.com/sunriseon7/s ... 1006735360

Sheesh this really spread like wildfire!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Grain of salt this until there's confirmation: "Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said cameras will begin rolling in locations across the Gold Coast and south-east Queensland later this year for the global blockbuster, secured by her government through Screen Queensland."

https://www.nationaltribune.com.au/mons ... zzIXRWFo04
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.