The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:16 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:06 pm Dang, I'd say they went to far, but that ship sailed a while ago.
I’m calling it, Putin’s already won.
By losing illegally annexed land and soldiers?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:57 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:06 pm Dang, I'd say they went to far, but that ship sailed a while ago.
I’m just saying this is where the tides are gonna turn in Putin’s favor.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:03 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:57 am

I’m just saying this is where the tides are gonna turn in Putin’s favor.
How? His troops are being swept right back out of the territory they'd taken, and the conscripts he's trying to send in don't want to fight.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^That’s why he’s gonna use nukes.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I'm not, I'm saying this goes to Ukraine, they deserve freedom.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:08 am ^That’s why he’s gonna use nukes.
If he does, he's done. Not a single country in the world will tolerate that. Not even China. It's basically suicide for him to drop a nuke. The only way he can even remotely save face is call this off, and work on repairing his reputation in his own country and the rest of the world. He won't do this, of course. But in no way has he "won". He's lost at every single step of the way.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:35 am
If he does, he's done. Not a single country in the world will tolerate that. Not even China. It's basically suicide for him to drop a nuke. The only way he can even remotely save face is call this off, and work on repairing his reputation in his own country and the rest of the world. He won't do this, of course. But in no way has he "won". He's lost at every single step of the way.
I'd tend to agree with this. Right now, what Putin has won is territory. Every other step of this war has been marked by failure.

- Russia failed to establish air superiority since day 1
- Failed to take Kiev
- Failed to take Ukraine before the west sanctioned Russia to hell
- Failed to hold the land taken in the North & East of the country.
- Currently failing to hold territory he has at the moment.

Putin considering Nukes isn't a sign of strength, but weakness on his part. For a historical point of view, the only way this ends is a Crimean War 2.0 or a Winter War 2.0. Both situations made Russia in the past look emaciated on the world's stage and my money is on Ukraine pushing Russia out.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If he does, he's done. Not a single country in the world will tolerate that. Not even China.
North Korea probably would.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I feel like we're going to come to this thread one day and China has stabbed Putin in the back and started invading from the East.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:42 am
If he does, he's done. Not a single country in the world will tolerate that. Not even China.
North Korea probably would.
Not a single country that matters to Putin*. The rest of the world? Where the money flows? They won't tolerate it, and that's what will hurt Putin.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

How so? You’ve just said vague comments but not how the war is won by Putin.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Putin is pissed about that bridge bombing. If Ukraine can manage to take back all of Crimea I can only imagine what a crybaby like Putin will do. But Ukraine must push forward.

On the same token we have China looking at Taiwan like a dog staring at a raw steak, Saudi Arabia silently standing with Putin, Iran is still pissed about the killing of Suleimani, and South Korea says 12 North Korean warplanes have flown near their border, prompting it to launch warplanes in response.

I do fear that the U.S. might be biting off more than it can chew if it chooses to participate in this potential domino effect.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I don’t. The US’s network of allies is far superior and the logistics, economics and military volume is also superior. We have our enemies surrounded on all sides by the sea.

We have the US, NATO, India, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, nearly all of Latin America, and many other small nations that would be willin to help.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

This is true, I don’t doubt our ability to pull through it. I just fear the idea of if we *did* lose, the US plays by a set of rules (supposedly of course), The potential enemies we’d be facing, from my understanding, do not have those same stoic playbooks and couldn’t care less for any pre-disposed rules.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Lucky for you guys, the mainland would only be under threat from nuclear warheads. If the US lost, it would just have to withdraw from an area.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:04 am I feel like we're going to come to this thread one day and China has stabbed Putin in the back and started invading from the East.
Are you talking abut the probability of China seizing the land Russia took in 1860?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:36 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:04 am I feel like we're going to come to this thread one day and China has stabbed Putin in the back and started invading from the East.
Are you talking abut the probability of China seizing the land Russia took in 1860?
A whole lot more. China would take all of Siberia given the chance.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The US from my understanding could likely win a war with its allies. The problem now is if Russia started losing with Putin just start nuking everywhere.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:48 pm The US from my understanding could likely win a war with its allies. The problem now is if Russia started losing with Putin just start nuking everywhere.
Is there a doubt the US/NATO would win? Russia is unable to handle a smaller force with just a fraction of the firepower and tech the west has. This war has shown Russia is no longer the boogeyman the world feared for decades. They are the epitome of the phrase "glass cannon."

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:13 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:48 pm The US from my understanding could likely win a war with its allies. The problem now is if Russia started losing with Putin just start nuking everywhere.
Is there a doubt the US/NATO would win? Russia is unable to handle a smaller force with just a fraction of the firepower and tech the west has. This war has shown Russia is no longer the boogeyman the world feared for decades. They are the epitome of the phrase "glass cannon."
There has to be doubt just for the fact its a war despite if said doubt was less than 1% I would personally say.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image