The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:14 pm
That’s not true. He abdicated after a strike demanding reforms.
Who says that can't happen again?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:58 pm
Putin is not going to give up power. He's a bad person that only cares about what is best for himself.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:58 pm
Putin is not going to give up power. He's a bad person that only cares about what is best for himself.
Not without a fight.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thinking history repeats itself is generally not the way you want to go. It’s best to analyse the situation and hand and make comparisons later.
For Emperor and Empire!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I will say, we should take everything with a massive grain of salt considering the sources, but if Wagner is indeed heading to Moscow, even if they lose, Russia can't escape the international blowback. Your own PMC turning against you doesn't install confidence. If there are indeed thousands of soldiers heading to Moscow, then yeah things are going to heat up fast as Ukraine won't want to miss such an opportunity with Russia possibly entering a time of chaos.

If this is just a few dozen guys and their leader, then the ramifications will be just political.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Realistically, I think Ukraine could re-claim at least half of Crimea before the year’s over.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Greyshot151 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm

I will say, we should take everything with a massive grain of salt considering the sources, but if Wagner is indeed heading to Moscow, even if they lose, Russia can't escape the international blowback. Your own PMC turning against you doesn't install confidence. If there are indeed thousands of soldiers heading to Moscow, then yeah things are going to heat up fast as Ukraine won't want to miss such an opportunity with Russia possibly entering a time of chaos.

If this is just a few dozen guys and their leader, then the ramifications will be just political.
Well we're in luck, hundreds of vehicles and thousands of men are attacking various military headquarters in Russia!

I hope they do tons of damage to Russia before being taken out, that helps Ukraine a LOT.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

So Rostov is apparently under Wagner Control. There is a convoy trucking to Moscow and reports of defections are spreading (though this last bit is unconfirmed and very much still up in the air).

In the span of 4 hours, this has gone farther than I thought possible. Well done Russia. You invaded Ukraine to replace the government and while the odds are low, wouldn't it be a strange way to end the conflict if Putin gets toppled.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Greyshot151 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:40 pm So Rostov is apparently under Wagner Control. There is a convoy trucking to Moscow and reports of defections are spreading (though this last bit is unconfirmed and very much still up in the air).

In the span of 4 hours, this has gone farther than I thought possible. Well done Russia. You invaded Ukraine to replace the government and while the odds are low, wouldn't it be a strange way to end the conflict if Putin gets toppled.
Zelensky had the no u card ready
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that Prigozhin would want to usurp Putin and control Russia himself?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

He'll try but I doubt it. Either way, I have no sympathy for these two groups fighting one another. Fascists fighting amongst themselves is something that would happen eventually.

All the tankies are having huge doses of copium right now, and that is hilarious to me. Who do they root for?

My worry is just that there are innocent people going to get caught up in a power struggle between authoritarian state forces and literal nazi mercenaries. Also I hope this presents an opportunity for the front lines to collapse, so the Ukrainians can punch through and push these guys out.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^If he can't take out Putin, he could still find an opportunity to force Lukashenko out of Power.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

From my understanding Prigozhin and Putin came to an agreement right? Shame, I would’ve liked to see that government implode.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

That may or may not be true, but Putin ends up looking like a huge loser in the end. After all that? The tankies and MAGATs are all over the place with this. This is somehow a coup initiated by Biden and the CIA to distract from the d*** pics of his son or something. Tankies accusing their critics of "ROOTING FOR LITERAL NAZI THUGS" (even though they called Wagner a workers movement last month and supported them). Lots of copium being passed around on their side. Their usual fools like RFK Jr., Tulsi, Tucker, Glenn Greenwald, Jackson Hinkle, Haiphong, are VERY quiet today! Any that do speak are quivering in their voices. Tankies, MAGATs, and assorted vatiniks have no concept of everyone else hating both of these groups turning on each other.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jackson Hinkle and other PatComs, MagaComs, etc like him make me laugh
For Emperor and Empire!