Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by Giratina93 »

"Oh?"

Alice looked from Marina, over to where her focus was in the picture, and it clicked to her. Right, she supposed that made sense. Of course she would be curious once that caught her attention. She picked the photo up in her right hand.

"These were the people I made friends with, who all had ties back to this village." She told Marina. "Loved one, family, friends..." Her smile darkened, and her eyes began to close. "But... we all came back to the village when we heard of its destruction, and those we cared for... They were lost. I lost my parents, as did her. We found and defeated the person who did it, avenged their deaths... but the damage was already done."

She took a deep sigh. "Her name is Sulis. She's a sea nymph, or was born of one, she never really clarified that. She was shy and insecure, even moreso when it came to magic, but she had a fiery temper when push came to shove. I do not know where she is right now, or where the other two are, likely back in the world I come from, but... I hope the best for them. We parted ways after the one who destroyed our village was dealt with."

She shook her head. "The other two... The short one is Pherenike, a dwarf and the village blacksmith and part of its militia, and the tall one... She was the ghost of the village, the bastard child of the town's leader shunned and despised by its residence, yet helped us to avenge those who perished. Her name was Lorina, a necromancer."

Callous grinned on the other side of the phone. Yes, everything was going smoothly... And was that was happened on the campus? He himself hadn't been able to see the carnage or action, but if GenTech was involved... Perhaps it was time to begin pulling some strings.

"You read my mind, Aileen." Callous said. "Keep close tabs on that clinic and everyone who goes in and out. I'll handle GenTech and if this does have their paws all over it, then all the better for us. I'll be waiting back at the penthouse, with your little gift in tow."
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

A smile crept on Aileen's lips as Callous spoke to her. It felt good knowing that the information she had gathered had pleased him, but their mission was far from over; the woman Doctor Helper had taken in certainly held crucial information moving forward.

"i'll remain here until the clinic closes," Aileen replied. "I'll return later tonight."

With that, Aileen ended the call, and waited patiently in her car, moving it farther away from the clinic to avoid drawing too much suspicion, before she made herself comfortable and watched the entrance to the clinic for any interesting activity.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina listened as Alice explained the story of the people in the picture, including the individual who piqued her curiosity. Land Striders were also called "Sea Nymphs" in old tales and legend, despite them being Merfolk through and through, minus the tails of course. One thing that confused her was Alice's repeated mention of the word "village" as if this was the Dark Ages and not the year 2022. She also made mention of a "necromancer" which made her raise an eyebrow.

"A Necromancer. Like in Dungeons and Dragons?" she said, half-jokingly.

Playing her words back in her head, she may have come off as insensitive, as Alice was very clearly having an emotional reaction to conjuring up these old memories.

"I don't want to come off as mean or anything. I just..you're choice of words are a bit...odd" she added, in an attempt to save face.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

For but a brief second, Alice's face gained a slightly red tint in her cheeks and forehead at Marina's comment. Was that how she still sounded to the average person? She admitted, the story of her past was one few were likely to believe, and it wasn't like Marina's comment was too far off the point. It did sound like something from a sort of fantasy world, which... was the case. This was not her reality, not the world she knew, and even after all this time spent trying to adapt and fit in better as just an ordinary superhero instead of someone from another world, the cracks in her display were still there. And she herself wasn't unfamiliar with something like Dungeons and Dragons. The older kids at the daycare had wanted her to run a few games, and so she had taken the time to learn the rules and run a few games. The first she admitted was based on her own story, and thankfully they had gotten an outcome on similar lines to what she had experienced herself, and the latest story that was just wrapping up was of a kingdom controlled by a lich and her demon husband, and of a group of adventurers who had to gather the holy relics that once protected the realm to stop them and their planned demon invasion. She definitely had fun running the stories, but there were certainly times it felt a little too close to home, even with changes made to the first story to lessen the pain.

"No, I don't blame you for finding what I am saying hard to believe or weird." Alice told Marina. The water had reached the brim of the tub, so she turned it off. "This isn't my world, and I come from a place and time very different from here. I'm not exactly an ordinary superhero..."

She sighed. "But, yes, she was a necromancer, raising the bodies of the dead to help us. I wouldn't say she was a truly good person but... She wasn't evil either. She was someone in pain like the rest of us, united by a common cause."

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina looked at Alice blankly upon hearing this information. From another world? What, was she an alien or something?

"I don't know, defiling the graves of others to revive them, or whatever, sounds pretty evil to me" Marina said, crossing her arms.

Her focus shifted to the nearly-filled tub when the felt the need for water intensify. As awful as it sounds, she really hoped Alice would stop talking so she could practically cannonball into the tub and finally recharge.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"She is a complicated person." Alice said. "It's, hard to explain, but I feel she-"

She caught herself as she took notice of Marina's attention being drawn more and more to the bath. "I'm sorry, I guess I got a little too carried away there. I'll leave you be for now." She opened the door and stepped out of the bathing room, before she close it again, to give Marina some privacy and space. It was rare she felt the chance to speak to someone about her past, and Marina's reaction was a reminder as to why she rarely did so. It was difficult for the average person to grasp what she was saying and to understand it, and most would consider her crazy. She was lucky that Heng seemed to fully believe her when she had told her after much prodding from the doctor, but that had also come with a warning from the doctor to not go about and freely share such information, since "that kind of information in the wrong hands could become a problem and a danger to you." She had the feeling that Marina wasn't the kind of person who could or would use such knowledge for ill intentions, but... She just wanted at times to talk to someone, anyone, in the hopes they would understand. Zenogia did of course, but...

She sighed, as she walked up to her bedroom. When she opened the door, she was greeted with dolls, tens of dozens of dolls that lined the shelves and walls, all exact replicas of the ones she carried around. A small knife and a stone lay in the corner of the room, and the closet door hung open. She walked over to there and reached to find some clothes that would fit Marina. Some of these she had made herself, others were gifts from Heng to "try and blend in better", and a few were Zenogia's handiwork, better made and more comfortable than Alice's own attempts to make clothes. She was a doll maker first and foremost, not a tailor.

Once she chose a variety of clothes and undergarments, she walked back out of the room and closed the door, before she walked back down the stairs and left the choices on the other side of the bathing room door for when Marina was finished. Hopefully some of these would be to her liking. She still had some time to kill before the evening meeting, and Zenogia looked like she had her hands full, so she would go help her out.

------------------------

The long black car pulled up into the driveway, and the passenger's seat door opened for Vinnie to hop out. The boy turned back to look at Lind, who was covered in seven crimson red cardinals that chirped and pecked at her hands cheeks and hair, yet she barely seemed to take notice of the chaotic little birds, to Vinnie's confusion. Was she that good at ignoring her pets? He had been apprehensive when he saw the birds bouncing around in the car when they had gotten in, but to his relief, the drive to the house had been eventless.

"Thank you." Vinnie said to Lind. The woman gave him a nod as she leaned over to close the door.

"Of course, Col- Vinnie." She stammered over her words, but was quick to brush past it, and she closed the car door and baked the vehicle away. Vinnie watched as she drove off down the street and off toward the clinic, and the boy waved her good bye. She didn't speak much and seemed to be the fair and proper type, but she was nice and helpful, and less eccentric than Heng.

He turned back to the house and walked up to the front door. There was a pad next to the doorknob that he flipped up, and then he pressed in the sequence of buttons that Heng had taught him was the passcode to enter into the house: "3339". He heard the door lock undo, and opened the door and closed it behind him. Home, finally back at home, and... He rushed immediately over to Kala's room and threw open the door. There she was, curled up in the bed, yet fully awake, and as she saw Vinnie enter the room, she sat up in the bed.

"I knew you'd make your way back here, Vinnie." She said. She lurched forward and hugged him, and Vinnie nearly fell backwards from Kala's weight. "I wasn't worried, but I'm glad you are here."

"I was worried, because... you were fighting that thing!" Vinnie hugged her tight. "Don't scare me like that again, and... Just, don't, please."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure it couldn't hurt you. It was a threat and..."

"We're both safe now. That's all that matters."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

As Alice left the room, Marina sighed in relief: it was finally time for some desperately needed R&R. She took off her university hoodie and was startled by the sound of several small metallic objects cluttering to the ground. Looking down at her feet, she saw several flattened bullets that had fallen out of her hoodie; one of them was a large metallic slug about the size of her thumb. She shook her perforated hoodie to get any more bullets caught in it before kicking off her shoes and removing her socks. As she continued to undress, she looked back down at the bullets and remembered how unpleasant it was to have been hit by literally hundreds of these things. Numerous pieces of metal traveling at several hundred feet per second impacting against her armored skin. She wouldn't exactly say it hurt, more like a brief pinch. Even the hit to the back of the head did little other than stun her for a fraction of a second. As she tossed aside the last of her clothing, she walked over to the tub and placed one foot inside the warm, welcoming water. Soon followed by the other, Marina allowed herself to slowly submerge into the tub until she was laying down with only her head sticking up out of the water. She crossed her arms behind her head as her aquatic features began to manifest starting with her scales spreading across her legs and arms, followed by her fins, gills and webbing. Her gills eagerly took in the plentiful water, and she felt her body quickly begin to rehydrate, followed by waves of relaxation coming over her. She closed her eyes and slowly sank further into the tub until she was completely underwater.

As she adjusted her position slightly, her increasing comfort turned into drowsiness, her anxious, racing thoughts slowing down for the first time in what felt like forever. At the same time, her subconscious began to grow evermore active. Just as the night before, something in her "reached out" to try and find something, no, someone. Franklin? No, Franklin was dead. She watched him die. Or did he? Despite everything she saw, despite feeling their bond be seemingly snuffed out, something inside her held the tiniest glimmer of hope that he was still out there somewhere. This burning desire to know for sure fueled this subconscious act, and if Franklin was still alive, she'd find him soon enough. She had to find him.
ImageImage

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

As the hours rolled by, light soon turned to dark, and the evening soon came upon the bustling city of Los Diamantes. But, like all major cities, the nighttime was as lively as the daytime was - a bustling ecosystem glistening under the streetlights and stop signs of its urban castles and asphalt streets. Though alive, the world of the night was a dangerous one - the safety of numbers was often missing outside of the numerous clubs and street vendors who lined the walkways, and wandering off on one's own could easily lead them into trouble...
----
It'd been a few hours since Dhriti had met up with those people at the university, and even now it was all she could think about, even as she made her way to the location that had been texted to her earlier. Those poor people... they must have been terrified. The poor girl... Marina, Dhriti remembered... she hoped that her friend was doing okay. She hoped against all hope that her friend would make a miraculous recovery so the two of them could see each other again at least one more time. And the little boy, Vinnie... he must have been worried sick about his sister. Dhriti hoped the two of them were reunited before it got dark, otherwise the poor boy was going to have to spend an evening in the city all by himself. The indian woman's mood down turned as she thought more and more about the situation, but she knew she needed to keep a level head; there was a meeting she had to go to.

After a few minutes of traveling down the chaotic nighttime streets of Los Diamantes, striding past partygoers, vagrants, and drunks as she made her way deep into downtown, she soon came across the address she had been texted.

"1024 ferryman street," Dhriti mumbled to herself, looking down the dark, graffiti-covered brick walls of the alleyway. A tattered chainlink fence blocked the way into this alley, though it had been so poorly maintained over the years that Dhriti could, quite literally, walk through it. She checked out the second address the contact had texted her first though - 1022 Ferryman Street. Walking up to the old, dilapidated entrance way, Dhriti quickly rapped her knuckles on the door, before she looked down to the burner phone she had been given and typed out a half-hearted message.
Ok. im here. Where r u?
Normally Dhriti didn't like to text so abbreviated, but she wanted to make sure she was alert in case of trouble. Even someone like her was in danger walking in these parts alone at night....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Walking up to the park that Ectoparasite had designated as the meeting spot, Somsak, wearing a baggy set of sweats and a tight wifebeater tank top, moved over to one of the many gazebos lining the area, before making himself comfortable on one of the cold concrete benches located there. Most people would think twice before coming to a place this dark alone, but not Somsak - he was accustomed to working at night by himself. Though it was dark, his enhanced, cat-like vision let him see much farther and with greater sharpness than a normal person (and even most supers) could.

Thoughts raised through Somsak's head as he sat in silence beneath the gazebo. did Ectoparasite even have something that could hurt Bloodless? That bitch was damn near indestructible... normal weapons can't even scratch her. The cat-like humanoid clutched his hands together, before letting out a sigh. Best he could do right now was sit and wait to learn one way or another...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Since the clinic had long closed for the day, so Aileen had since returned back to her superior's quarters, parking back at Callous' magnificent manor and making her way back, where he waited for her. Stepping out of her car, she sent Callous a text.
Heading up. See you soon.
With a smirk, Aileen pulled off her sunhat and marched her way up to the front door, waiting for Callous to see her in.
It had been an underwhelming day for Maximilian. Settling down in his small apartment, the italian man quietly sat at his dining room table and ate a fairly mediocre meal - a cup of top ramen. Certainly not the best, but it could be worse. Turning on the radio to listen in to the news for the day, Maximilian sat otherwise in silence, deep in thought about the events of the day. Today was completely unproductive... not only had he possibly gotten himself fired over that stint in his job, he barely even learned anything of worth at the university.

But there was something that did not sit well with Maximilian... the lack of a body where he saw the blood stain near the waterway was something that ate away at him. While it was highly likely whatever it was that had left the gory scene had perished and simply been swept out to sea, the lack of a visible body left Maximilian extremely suspicious. Perhaps tomorrow after work, he would check out the wash for any signs of life. At the very least, he would get intel on... whatever left that stain behind's activities...
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Ectoparasite let out a groan of annoyance as he soared through the air. This day was absolutely pitiful. He thought that meeting with Tenmus would be the worst thing of the day, but the incident at the college only caused more headache for him. Good thing that came out of it was that Puppeteer and the others seemed to pull through. Hopefully that'll be enough to sway the remaining public that she was a good choice after his speech. Only about 5 minutes left until his next job. Usually his clients would send more of a description, but this one really wanted to keep it a secret. Did they really not trust his site? Most likely a newcomer then.

Or a trap.

He flew lower to the ground, finally reaching the park. He switched onto his thermal vision, and only saw the single person. Alright, so it seemed to be okay. He just had to be careful of traps. Ectoparasite soon began to walk down along the curved path, a hand on his gun around his leg just in case. He finally got a clear view at Somsak, a pixelated hand waving showing up on his helmet.

"Greetings there! I'm assuming you're the one that has requested my services?"

Cider sighed as she finally made her way home. Today was awful for her. Once she heard the news of the incident at the university, she tried to head there as quickly as she could, but due to her previous night’s injuries, she was regulated to walking. Well, maybe speed walking. By the time she got there, the beast was already gone and she was left as just a person in the crowd.

“Shit!” Elodie tugged at her ears. She could’ve done so much more if it weren’t for Ectoparasite! Why did he have to find her that night? Cider nearly kicked the wall out of anger, but couldn’t afford to repair it, so she restrained herself. She opened the door to her apartment and sat upon her bed, staring up at the ceiling before looking towards the window. Tomorrow would hopefully be better, she hoped.

Maybe she would meet that dragon again. And maybe she would kick Ectoparasite’s butt the next time as well.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"Oh, it's Durga."

The voice came from around the corner. It was Alice, with Celine by her side and Marina in tow. With the daycare closed for the night and Zenogia overseeing things there in her absence, Alice had met up with Celine a ways from the daycare and together had made their way over to the meet up spot. Perhaps answers as to what happened this morning would finally begin to reveal themselves, and if not, she still had her other lead thanks to Father Pius. But for now, it was one step at a time. The Puppetter was in her normal attire, with her usual array of dolls that floated around her as silent sentries, while Celine had changed into less formal attire, a tanktop and shorts that were covered over by a large black bulky jacket.

"I take it this is the right place? Luckily I have nothing to keep me tied down this evening otherwise." Celine said.

The front door of the mansion opened, and Callous stood on the other side. He was dressed in the nicest black and white suit he had, adorned with a rose on the front, and a half smile spread on his face at the sight of Aileen.

"Soon isn't fast enough for me, you know that."

He stepped to the side to allow Aileen in. Everything dusted and cleaned off thanks to his powers, to showcase just how perfect and pristine he liked to show his living as. Lined across the entrance hall were an array of tomes, scrolls and robes, all a part of his priestly livelihood. A marble statue of a seraphim angel with four feathery wings and two leathery wings poured out water from a vase in its hands, and the ceiling glowed with a brilliant golden hue. Not quite the penthouse he also had, but the average peon would be hard pressed to see the difference in value.

"So tell me, how was your day of laying around and sleeping?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Behind Alice and Celine stood Marina, now clad in an all new outfit consisting of black sneakers, grey sweatpants and a light grey sweatshirt. She was looking significantly better than before, at least, as good as one could be given all she's gone through in the span of a few short hours. That hot bath really did the trick, and her thoughts were now back on track. Thankfully, the entire bath went undisturbed by nightmares, and didn't even remember if she had a dream or not. Maybe that was for the better, as she didn't need another nightmare piled onto the long list of things she had on her mind. Leaning past Alice to see if her contact was there, she instead spotted the athletically built Indian girl from earlier in the hospital; "Durga" or "Dhriti" were two names she remembered this individual being referred to as. Looks like there was going to be quite a turnover tonight, and it seems the bee and the owl had garnered quite the crowd. They were just a short distance away from where the actual meeting was supposed to begin, and she could just barely see the sign that read "S Ferryman St" which was partially obscured by a telephone pole.

"If this is the right place, then where's that woman from campus? The short girl who gave us the phones said she'd be here." Marina said, both replying to Celine and posing a question of her own as she looked around, narrowing her eyes for the slightest amount of movement.
ImageImage

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

"I'm here," a low, modulated voice answers, and Marina sees a blur of movement from a nearby alleyway. The air shimmers for a moment, then the costumed woman from DRU materializes from the haze.

The vigilante raises something: an inexpensive mobile phone of her own, with Dhriti's message visible on its flip screen. She was offering proof of her identity.

After a moment too long of silence, she asks, "How is everyone holding up? I know today was... a lot."

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti turned toward the approaching figures of Celine, Alice, and Marina, offering the three of them a friendly wave. Though they'd only met briefly before, it was genuinely nice to see them here as well; guess that meant that things really must have been big for all these people to get called here at once. Before Dhriti was able to answer either Marina's or Celine's questions, the costumed vigilante from back at DRU appeared, flashing her phone screen to reveal the message Dhriti had just sent emblazoned on it.

The Indian woman offered the masked vigilante a respectful bow. "Good to see you again. I'm doing okay, though... been thinking about a lot of things. Shit's just been getting out of hand, you know?"

She looked over solemnly to Marina, before her posture shuffled awkwardly, as if unsure what else to say.
Somsak's ears perked up and pivoted in the direction of the new voice approaching him, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up briefly. Somsak's eyes quickly turned to face the new sound, before his body instantly relaxed as he realized who it was.

"Yep, that was me," Somsak replied plainly. The cat-like super pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his baggy sweat pockets, quickly lit one with a flick of his claws, before taking in a deep breath and exhaling a cloud of sickly grey smoke into the air. "Sorry for being vague; it's some pretty big shit I was asking of you, so I figured it'd be best to not draw any unnecessary attention."

Somsak extended the pack of cigarettes to Ectoparasite. "You smoke?"
"It was truly wonderful," Aileen chuckled, a smile wide across her pale face as she took in the sights of her benefactor's mansion. Callous' collection truly never ceased to impress; he was a man of many skills and many assets, which he was all too happy to show off to the vulgar, ignorant masses of meat that shambled on the streets of Los Diamantes. Her blue eyes shifted back towards Callous, before she continued. "Unfortunately, I didn't catch much else of note at the clinic after it closed; seems Dr. Helper was taking extra precautions with that woman involved with Gen Tech. But I suspect she'll be turning up soon enough."

Continuing on her way, Aileen finished her thoughts. "I did, however, learn a bit more about our mystery boy Vinnie. Sounds like he and 'Kala' had a close encounter with some sort of monster today... if the news reports are to be believed, no doubt they were on campus today when the storm hit DRU."

She offered Callous a sassy smirk. "I can give you the address, if you'd like."
Having finished his evening meal and reading as much of the news as he could, Maximilian left his apartment and prepared to head out into the dark once more and face the evils of the street. He quickly found a secluded area nearby, before a shadow engulfed his form. In a matter of moments, Maximilian was no more, and he once again assumed the punishing form of Cocytus. Letting out a deep breath, Cocytus prepared to leave, but a voice echoed from somewhere deeper in the alley.

You plan to investigate all alone? a venomous voice croaked in his mind. Cocytus' gaze shifted to a nearby puddle of water, where the crimson visage of a fearsome demon appeared, golden eyes glaring upon him.

Yes, Cocytus replied mentally. As I always do.

And what did you plan to do if you found something? The demon chuckled. Do you really think you can kill what a gunship couldn't?

I'll figure something out, Cocytus growled angrily.

You know what you will need to do, the demon hissed calmly. If it can survive the mightiest of mankind's weaponry, you will need to resort to something more... drastic.

I said i'll figure it out, Cocytus reiterated, unamused, before he splashed the puddle and continued of the alley, making his way towards the wash...
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

High above the city streets, there were no signs to guide Foxtrot to her destination. As she leaped from rooftop to rooftop and maneuvered around fire escapes and narrow ledges, she would glance down at the street far below, catching the details of signs far below in the darkness with the enhanced vision provided by her goggles.

"1024, South Ferryman Street," she muttered to herself. "Looks like the place."

She made a run for the destination, leaping across the last few alleyways. If Foxtrot had bothered to look down as she leaped, she might have noticed the early gathering on 1022 far below, but right now her focus was concentrated on making the landing safely.

Foxtrot soon reached the lip of the alleyway. Down far below, a secluded side area next to a vacant night club was waiting for her. She switched her goggles to nightvision, then to infrared, each time scanning the area for any threats in the event of an ambush. Once Foxtrot was satisfied, she drew a cable from her armor and attached it to the side of the roof, then jumped down into the darkness below. The cable drew taunt, slowing her descent as she like hopped down the alley wall like a practiced mountain climber until her boots touched the pavement below.

The green lenses of her goggles glaring in the darkness, Foxtrot soon found what she was looking for: The symbol of The Fly, spray-painted against the red brick. She smiled to herself. It reminded her of her younger days, before Los Diamantes. Before she had taken down Saberdex. A crude, spray-painted fox face had been her calling card left behind at Saberdex sites where she had made off with precious Intel. The notoriety had been addictive to Foxtrox, and even now, mellowed out by age and the harsh reality of vigilantism, Foxtrot resisted the urge to add her own tiny fox next to the fly. Her mature side won the battle handily; it was too dangerous for both of them to make her partnership with The Fly visible to the public.

Instead, Foxtrot found a table and a set of chairs next to the vacant night club and sat down. Finding a candle left behind by previous occupants, she withdrew her lighter and set the candle aflame to provide a small source of light for the next guests to arrive. Then she withdrew her burner and texted the Fly.

:wink: I'm here. -^^,--,~

Foxtrot kept her cable attached to the rooftop above, ready to pull her up if needed. If something were to happen, it would give her a quick and easy escape. At best, at least she wouldn't have to climb all the way back up once this was done.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Ectoparasite leaned in closer, getting a better look of the pack of cigarettes. He halted for a moment before a purple no smoking symbol flashed on his helmet.

"Sorry, I'm afraid I have to decline. I really don't want to damage my lungs. Plus I would have to show my face, and who wants to see my ugly mug?" A bright purple laughing face blipped onto his face before it switched to a simple smiley face. He sat beside Somask, leaning back a bit. "And no worries about the ambiguity! I wasn't that busy tonight anyway."

Beneath the suit, Jonathan wrinkled his nose a bit, the smell of smoke just starting to creep into his nostrils. A question mark popped onto his helmet, looking more directly at Somsak. "Now then, what's the 'pretty big shit' you need? A heist, equipment, assassination?"

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Alice found herself stepping back on instinct from seeing Blind appear out of thin air, while Celine simply raised an eyebrow. The red haired woman cleared her throat. "I guess this is everyone, at least, everyone as far as I am aware. I'm doing okay, and as I just finished telling Marina, her friend's condition seems to be stable at the medical ward on campus. Sister Seisshia is making sure Sierra is in good hands and isn't disturbed. She texted me that half an hour ago and that Sierra is fast asleep."

That indeed was good news as far as Alice was concerned. Given what Marina had to deal with just this morning, her friend being stable and on the road to recovery was necessary, something to help anchor Marina to the life she knew and loved that hadn't been fully ripped away from her. Having lost so much in such a short time, Alice knew the kind of pain that Marina was going through, but all she could do was try and help her through. Hopefully, Sierra would be healthy enough to come out of the medical ward in the next few days, but there was still the issue of what had happened to Franklin, and the mercenaries who had been there...

Alice looked over to Blind. "The armed men who shot at Marina and Franklin, they weren't any of Tenmus's men. I went to confront her about that, and she admitted she ordered the gunship, but the rest of her men got there too late to do anything. When she pressed me for details, I left out anything and everything that would connect it to you, Marina." She turned back to look at her. "Luckily, she seems more paranoid about the armed men and Bloodless than in closing out loose ends with the monster on campus."

She looked to the others. "Should we head over to the other meeting?" She asked.

"That they were, they were on campus when everything fell through." Callous told Aileen. "As was I. They were there to visit the good Father Pius for some help. Bless that old fool, thinking he can help a ticking time bomb like Bloodless."

He looked back over to Aileen. "I'm not surprised to hear that Doctor Helper is being careful. That woman is quite the enigma, nothing coming up regarding her background from any of my sources. The address would be appreciated, though."

The past few hours had been necessary for Vinnie to unwind and process what was going on. The action that had happened at the University had sent his head reeling with what was supposed to just be a walk there to find some way to help Kala out, and for those few hours, Vinnie had tried to get himself some rest, but today simply didn't seem to be his day. They were lucky to have gotten out of that alive, yet Kala...Clearly there was something wrong with her. She couldn't sleep, and her groans and moans from the bedroom kept him up as well. He had tried everything he could think of to help her out, from a warm wet clothe on her forehead to a bad of ice on her forehead, to all the medication he could find in the house, but it would take time for results, and in the meantime he had contacted Heng to tell her of her current state. The response he had gotten back from the doctor was "I was going to be there tonight anyways, but if she got into something on the way back, my options might be limited." With that, he was currently standing over her bed, watching her toss and turn as her eyes twitched.

Was it something from the fight? Had that thing poisoned her in some way, or had she simply tried to eat a rotting rat or cat as nourishment and that was what she was sick on? Question after question flooded the young boy's mind, and he had no answers for them, not now. And among those questions were those raised from earlier that day, from their meeting with Pius and the advice they had gotten from Damien and Celine. Kala.. was at war with herself on the inside. The reason she was so murderous as Bloodless, so eager to kill, was because of a voice in her head, half of her soul if he remembered what Damien had said correctly. And to fix that... was something only Kala could do. He wished there was some way to help out, with whatever this inner presence was that made Kala the way she was, but... What could he do? How could he explain to Heng what he had been told?

Only then did he notice that Kala had stopped tossing and turning, and her restlessness had given way to what looked to be peaceful slumber. He leaned over and pulled the blankets up to just below her chin. She needed this sleep, after what she had been through.

"Goodnight, Kala." Vinnie said, and he turned and left the bedroom now with the relief that Kala would have a good night's rest. He closed the door behind him, pulled out his phone. among the messages that had filled up his phone, the majority were from Hoodie, yet he hadn't had the time or the mental state to properly check them. Why were there so many messages from her in the private chat? He went to open them, and the list of responses grew longer and longer...

"Something happened up at the University! Are you near there? Are you okay?"
"Hey, let me know if you're fine!"
"Vinnie, are you okay? Were you anywhere near that disaster?"
"Vinnie, are you safe at your house? Are you okay? I just want to know."

The same messages for the past several hours, and it made the kid's face go pale. She was that worried about him? Given what had happened, he could hardly blame her, but it just so weird in a way he couldn't quite piece together. He quickly messaged back, "Yes, I'm fine and at my house. My older sister was there at the university, and she's getting some rest. Sorry for worrying you. What made you think I was up there?"

A moment later came the typed response. "Oh thank goodness. You usually join in the chat earlier in the day, so when I saw you weren't there, and what was on the news, I got worried. We're all currently playing Mario Party so I'm afraid there's no room for you to join in for playing but we are in the voice server if you want to hop in. I'd understand if you didn't."

"No, I'll take you up on that offer. I'll be on there shortly. And thanks, Hoodie." He sent the message, then went over to Heng's laptop.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti offered Alice an affirmative nod. "Yeah, let's get headed over. Get the discussion started around what the fuck is going on since... well, I'm sorta out of the loop on most of this."

Leading the pack from their current meetup spot, the Indian woman traveled down the dark alley, her stance relaxed despite the bleakness of the locale. normally traveling in a place like this, Dhriti would be on high alert, but she also normally would travel alone. There were quite a few of them present at this time, which meant the chances of a threat popping out of the shadows to accost them was... reasonably low, at least. Plus, Dhriti assumed that whoever this contact was would have chosen somewhere relatively away from the chaos that normally plagued Los Diamantes' streets at night.

After a few minutes of travel, the group came across a building with a bee spraypainted on the side. Dhriti turned to look to the others. "guessing this is the spot?"

Taking another drag of his cigarette, Somsak turned to look to Ectoparasite. "guess you could call it an assassination of sorts. Got some personal beef with that bitch, Bloodless." Somsak's face twisted into one of anger and frustration. "She fucking merced my buds like they were nothing... like they were some bums off the street. That bitch has to go down; she's a fucking menace."

The cat-like super's eyes looked back to Ectoparasite, almost pleadingly. "You gotta help me out and take Bloodless down. For my crew... do you know of any way to do that? Anything that can hurt a super like her?"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

"Hey Durga! Didn't expect to see you here."

The familiar voice rang from the entrance of the vacant nightclub a few paces down from the spray-painted bee. Candlelight illuminated the form of Foxtrot sitting at a table outside the nightclub entrance, her green goggles shining in the dim flickering light. She leaned forward and pulled out a couple more chairs around the table.

"Make yourselves comfy!" she smiled brightly as she surveyed the newcomers. Her green lenses seemed to lock on Blind for a moment, before she looked away. "Shit, did you all meet up early without me? I feel left out."
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

"Bloodless." Ectoparasite repeated out loud. He knew little about her besides that basics. He was more focused on others that intrigued him more and retooling his equipment. But still, an assassination job. He hadn't done one in over 6 months. His fingers twitched in excitement. Ectoparasite turned his body fully to Somsak, having his full attention.

"Sorry about your crew." He said without a hint of empathy. "But... I am interested in the case. I'm going to need more info on them, however. So it might be a week or so before I have something that I may be able to stop them. My best guess is some sort of device that could coagulate their blood against their will. I'm willing to stalk them and find any other weaknesses they may have. Relationships with others, where they live, yada yada.

He leaned back into the bench, a dollar sign flashing onto his helmet. "But everything has a cost, as I'm sure you know. And taking down a super can be pretty price heavy. Somewhere between 30 to 75 thousand. Though may even be higher due to their power. It won't be easy. That doesn't take into account that extra work that I have to do with making the weapon and scouting myself. Though if you so wish, you can stalk them yourself for a slightly cheaper price."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marinna watched as Blind revealed herself, followed shortly thereafter by Foxtrot's arrival. She wasn't familiar with this newcomer, however she thought it was safe to assume that she had something to do with her new "friend", given how somewhat similar their outfits were. In fact, she wondered, if one was trying to emulate the other or if it was just a coincidence. She also concluded that this newcomer was also working for The Bee, who she'd come to associate weird tech and spy stuff, whoever they were. Marina was going to suggest cutting the meet-and-greet short when Alice beat her to the punch, and instead she remained silent. Finally, she was so close to getting some answers the anticipating was driving her crazy.

====================================================================================================================

Meanwhile at Studio 44, the nightclub was alive with music and dancing patrons. Roadrunner stood at the back of the club behind his DJ equipment, monitoring the sound levels and such through the blue glow of his goggles. He bobbed his head to the beat as the music's final few seconds intensified. He loved the adrenaline high these fast-paced, loud techno beats gave him, and it seemed the gathered crowed would agree with him if they weren't lost in the midst of dance. This would be his final song for the night, before he'd "pass the mic" to the other DJ he was co-hosting the event with, DJ GalaxyBeatz. At last, the music came to a stop and the crowd erupted into a roar of cheers, cups and party flavors being thrown into the air. Roadrunner grinned and raised his arms to get the crowd's attention.

"Alright ladies and gents! You've been a swell as always and I'm loving the energy, but it's time for me to take a leave and let the legendary! THE ILLUSTRIOUS! THE SPACEMAN HIMSELF! DJ GALAXYBEATZ!"

He roared, the crowd's excitement grew to deafening levels as the chrome-clothed, gold-chain wrapped GalaxyBeatz made his way to the stage and took the mic offered to him by Roadrunner. With that, Roadrunner bowed out and vanished in the blink of an eye, going to the VIP lounge to kick back and enjoy a few drinks. It was a pretty good turnout today at Studio 44, as usual. He got the crowd fired up, played some of his own original music, and now got to relax while GalaxyBeatz took the wheel. After pouring himself a shot of bourbon, he had the idea to check his phone which he hadn't looked at since he arrived two hours ago. Unlocking his phone in the blink of an eye, he saw he had a text message from a restricted number. He raised a brow and lifted his goggles, leaning in to look at the mystery text.

"1024 South Ferryman Street. GenTech is going down. They're involved in the campus incident <>8<>" it read.

"Bloody 'ell, GenTech did that?" he thought to himself.

He was far too hungover to really understand anything the news report was saying, but he was fairly certain that he never heard GenTech be mentioned. Maybe this was someone who had dirt on the company, and that something big was going to happen. Speaking of big, he also remembered that the news mentioned some kind of monster being present on campus, and that it had a slugfest with Bloodless on the roof. He lowered his head in shame, feeling guilt that he was hungover in bed instead of being on-site during the incident when the people needed him most. He recalled the conversation he had with Isaac and Jonathan the night before, about how he joked that he'd bee too busy getting drunk to save some woman in a burning apartment. Was he really about to let this become a thing? He was one of the most popular heroes in the city for a reason, and one of those is because he was actually there for the people.

After staring at the text for a little longer, Roadrunner decided he needed to redeem himself not just in the eyes of the people he perceived to have let down, but to himself. With Supercell gone, the city needed heroes it could count on. Slipping his phone back into his pocket, Roadrunner stopped Alyssa the waiter who passed by the VIP lounge at just the right time.

"Alyssa, lass, tell old Barry that I'm going to have to head out early. GalaxyBeetz can run the show for tonight, I had something come up. You know, hero stuff and the like" he said sincerely as he placed his bottle of bourbon and shot glass on her serving tray.

"Sure thing, Matt. Good luck out there and be safe!" she smiled warmly.

"Ahhh it'll be fine. I'll be back in no-time. I always do" he winked before lowering his goggles and vanishing.
ImageImage