Godzilla -1.0 (2023) General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: New Godzilla movie Directed by Takashi Yamazaki in the Works

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:15 pm I have zero clue why the forms looked like those monsters, but I wanted to speak to the other "homages" in SP. Ultima had a bunch of moments where he did things remarkably similar to Legendary or Shin. I think Toho is just as interested in creating a "visual continuity" to connect the films better.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:52 pm Yeah, having more brand synchronization is definitely on the mind of Toho's high brass right now. It makes sense, it brings incentive for consumers to stay into the franchise more and causes them to want to buy the new stuff. SP, Battle Lines, & all those damn hot sauces are examples.
I totally agree with both of y'all. I think they're trying to really build a base for the franchise using marketing. Mickey Mouse makes more money for Disney on merchandise than he does in actual cartoons or films. I think to an extent the same is likely true about Godzilla. And I think despite how disparate all the takes on Godzilla in Reiwa have been, there's definitely a throughline of vibe with Godzilla's portrayal.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Reiwa Godzilla might work in Japan but the portrayal is the exact reason why you can build a film and follow Kong as a character and can't do so with Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

So what I'm getting from this is that the World of Godzilla movie is likely to have several of Toho's more obscure kaiju appearing as unevolved pre-Godzilla forms that must fuse to create Godzilla so big mean not-quite-green machine can crack open the Mechagodzilla hot sauce battle to challenge Bagan to a hot sauce drinking contest for the fate of Tokyo. Am I inferring this rightly?
Sounds good, sounds like the most kino Reiwa film yet.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

......what?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Sounds cool I approve

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 am......what?
I'm pretty sure he was joking Legion.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:47 am
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 am......what?
I'm pretty sure he was joking Legion.
Obviously but still....

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I keep wondering if this film will involve the Ni-Go project.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:05 pm I keep wondering if this film will involve the Ni-Go project.
Would require a lot of historical revisionism for that to work, as interesting as that would be.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

so what are some rumors or theories people been hearing about this movie on any sites like redit

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How likely will this movie end up being titled Godzilla Zero?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:31 pm so what are some rumors or theories people been hearing about this movie on any sites like redit
Just the odd 2 Godzilla thing that came out 3 weeks ago-ish. I see more and more people talking about it on YouTube.

Added in 58 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:03 pm How likely will this movie end up being titled Godzilla Zero?
Maybe? I feel like it'll be called something else. That's just my opinion lol

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

Spoiler:
Has the 2 godzillas rumor been debunked?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadd21 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:09 pm
Spoiler:
Has the 2 godzillas rumor been debunked?
It was debunked as soon as it was posted as far the majority of us know. Some people have said based on the plot doesn't seem that far fetched when you break it down but the majority believe it to be fake.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

yea i heard about the two godzilla thing to, one of the godzilla was going to be like whale and another is the more normal godzilla looking. i also heard it could be a full out remake of 1954. i heard it from the youtube channel MONSTROSITIES, last night

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Yeah but that video explicitly states those are just rumours at the moment, if you even choose to buy them please take with a heavy grain of salt. There’s little to no reason to think these have merit at this point.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just read the 4Chan "leak." If it is legit, I wouldn't be 100% against it. It really depends on how it actually plays out, since it reads as a mixture of G'54 and War of the Gargantuas.
Spoiler:
The aspect of the United States being portrayed as the "bad guys" after droping the nuke on Japan is cliche as all hell and the biggest red flag. I don't mind the additional details to the creation of the Oxygen Destroyer and Dr. Serizawa, however. I'm postponning my thoughts on a whale/orca-based "non-mutated" Godzilla. I've yet to see any fan designs that do such a thing well (whalezillas, that is). However, the way its described sounds like it could be cool. I'm not a big fan of having it in the Godzilla family tree of sorts, but as a close "friend" to Godzilla prior to his own mutation/rampages is something interesting. I just wonder what name they go with. The idea of it saving Godzilla from the Oxygen Destroyer is also a bit of a red flag, since it reads as if Dr. Serizawa is able to "target" with it as if its a missile or gun.

The role of the whale kaiju sounds like it could easily be written for someone like Anguirus trying to stop Godzilla from decimating humanity. Again, I'm open to the whale kaiju since it is something we've never seen before. Just iffy on it somehow being related to Godzilla directly.
I could see this leak being fake for many reasons, but it also sounds like a pretty safe road to go down following Shin. I'm just glad, if this is legit, it doesn't continue the idea of a "evolving" Godzilla like in Shin and SP.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:11 am Wait, real talk; have I absolutely lost it in terms of seeing Godzilla in that G-shape? Should I seek psychiatric help for G-tox?
too much LSD bro :lol:
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The timing is the main reason it's probably fake. It came out less than a day later if I recall.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:32 pm The timing is the main reason it's probably fake. It came out less than a day later if I recall.
Who spread the rumour?