Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Poe Ghostal »

UPDATE UPDATE: https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... gr%5Etweet
GORMARU
@GormaruIsland
HIYA TOY's MonsterVerse Figure Slate: "【Stylist Series】 is focusing on create cost-effective and high performance statue figurines.
【Exquisite Basic Series】is focusing on create cost-effective and high-performance action figures."
A worthy fill-in for NECA? We'll see in time!
So...I guess they are making articulated action figures...?

UPDATE: Well shoot. Re-reading everything, I may have jumped the gun here. It's very possible (likely even) these won't be action figures, but statues, like these: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... edIn=25652 The 1/12 stuff is Naruto and Rambo.

ORIGINAL POST: And another hat is thrown in the ring?

https://news.toyark.com/2022/02/10/hiya ... res-458027
Hiya Toys have announced a new sub line in their range of figures called Exquisite Super Series. These will be 1/12 scale figures and feature a range of licenses and properties. They recently announced some 6 inch scale Judge Dredd figures and it looks like that will be more than a one off. Hiya is slowly sharing out announcements for different brands this week, but so far we have word on Naruto and Rambo. Other teases include Godzilla and G.I. Joe, but no word on what type of product yet. They have also been doing Aliens, Predator, Robocop, and DC Injustice figures in the 3.75 scale, so we will have to see if they translate over to the 1/12 scale.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla figures

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I've never even heard of these guys, what types of figures do they sell, i.e. scale, pricepoint, which demographic are they aimed at?
He Jock it Made of Steel

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:24 pm I've never even heard of these guys, what types of figures do they sell, i.e. scale, pricepoint, which demographic are they aimed at?
They sell really nice Alien and Predator figures in the 3 3/4 inch scale

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

So apparently, they are now teasing 6 inch GvK Mechagodzilla action figure?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If you click the link, that question is easily answered.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I wasn't familiar with the scale terms. I guess "1/12 scale" is just taken to be a synonym for six-inch size, but I initially thought Mechagodzilla's 1/12 scale should be 33 feet tall so. Ha!

Added in 6 minutes 45 seconds:
You know, Gundam toys use the scales like "1/220" or "1/100"

Added in 14 minutes 11 seconds:
Other teases include Godzilla and G.I. Joe, but no word on what type of product yet.
I think I misunderstood the context. This MG is probably following the last 8 inch size Godzilla and Kong.
https://news.toyark.com/2022/01/03/godz ... oys-454618
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

They just teased a poster on their Twitter page with Kg, Mothra and Rodan as well

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:20 am They just teased a poster on their Twitter page with Kg, Mothra and Rodan as well
I could not find this poster
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Good heavens.

I wonder to what degree these will compete with SHMA. Also, I'm kind of amazed these got licensed at all.

Added in 4 minutes 18 seconds:
Well shoot. Re-reading everything, I may have jumped the gun here. It's very possible these won't be action figures, but statues, like these: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... edIn=25652
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Their G and Kong sculpts are ok. Not a huge fan but they’re fine. That being said, this will be a nice “affordable” option that saves on space in comparison to X Plus.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Shenanigans »

Ooh, I like the massiveness of Ghidorah in that teaser. Obviously being a simple little teaser, it might not be indicative of anything, but if they can indeed make a nicely detailed, roughly 6" scale Ghidorah, I'm all over it.

Also curious to see Rodan and Mothra. Their Godzilla and Kong have nice paint, which is something that most Rodan and Mothra figures needed work on (looking at you, SHMA). But I can see myself investing in this line.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Nice paint. The sculpts are just a little off. The Godzilla in particular has proportions that just don’t look right to me. His head is even smaller than it was on film.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Gormaru Island posted about the Hiya Toys stuff and said they have plans for a 6 inch articulated line. Mezco, Super 7, Bandai, and Hiya Toys shooting out collectibles and Playmates on the normal toy side of things? What a great time to be a Godzilla fan.
:terrestris:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Can't wait to hear more!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Havoks wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:34 am Gormaru Island posted about the Hiya Toys stuff and said they have plans for a 6 inch articulated line. Mezco, Super 7, Bandai, and Hiya Toys shooting out collectibles and Playmates on the normal toy side of things? What a great time to be a Godzilla fan.
Indeed! But I'm going to have a very tight budget......

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

I'm interested to see where this goes, if they are indeed going with a 6'inch line. On one hand, I like the idea that I might be able to get a six inch scale Monsterverse MechaG or Ghidorah that don't cost over a hundred dollars each. But on the other hand, I'd much rather have Showa versions of all these same characters except for Kong, and I'm happy with the Kong I have. The most exciting thing in the Monsterverse would be MUTO's, Skullcrawlers, or any of the other original Titans, which don't have much in the way of toys. The biggest thing I want to know, is if they're restricted to only the Monsterverse, or is that just what they're starting with?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know 1/12 meant six-inch. I thought "Wouldn't a 1/12 kaiju still need to be delivered by semi...?" I used to work with animatronic dinosaurs, so I actually have seen that done, but I've never seen anyone do it with Godzilla. I clearly misunderstood, and I'm sad now.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Ok so what exactly is the Exquisite Basic Series? Are they going to be poseable like their Alien, Predator, or Robocop toys? I’m not getting much information about that.
:terrestris:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Havoks wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:04 pm Ok so what exactly is the Exquisite Basic Series? Are they going to be poseable like their Alien, Predator, or Robocop toys? I’m not getting much information about that.

The Exquisite Basic Series is specifically referred to as action figures. So I would expect some articulation.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"