Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by CyberZilla »

Petezilla wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:13 am The movie-accurate size and coloration of the heads/necks alone is beating the MonsterArts one by worlds...
I know what you meant, but when I read that, I pictured this figure being 521 feet tall.

In which case it would definitely beat the SHMA! :pelops2:

In all seriousness it looks really good— if it keeps this up I’m gonna have to cop it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gojira2K wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:05 pm First look at Hiya Toys King Ghidorah. Looks pretty nice so far.

Now that's a figure. Honestly made me go and pre-order Rodan and Mothra again after I cancelled. Definitely gonna complete this lineup.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This was brought up in a Discord server, but holy crap the attention to detail here. I didn't really catch this too much on the movie, but each head has very slight differences.

Devil is in the details, and damn do they deliver.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Just like the actual film model.

Can I just preorder this beauty already?
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wonder if Hiya can get this guy out around $100. Would definitely put them on the map, this Ghidorah is beautiful.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Man I hope they give us a 2014 G, 2017 Kong, MUTO, Skullcrawlers etc…
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:30 pm I wonder if Hiya can get this guy out around $100. Would definitely put them on the map, this Ghidorah is beautiful.
Godzilla and the rest are $50 so my guess is a ceiling of $120 for this guy which even then would still be a fantastic deal for what it appears to be.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Every time a new Ghidorah toy is revealed, and I get hyped, I can hear the Heisei Ghidorah theme in my head.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

PLEASE let this be the one...
Waiting on more pictures.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:53 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:30 pm I wonder if Hiya can get this guy out around $100. Would definitely put them on the map, this Ghidorah is beautiful.
Godzilla and the rest are $50 so my guess is a ceiling of $120 for this guy which even then would still be a fantastic deal for what it appears to be.
Agreed. I know it's another toy company but also makes me wonder did Neca really need a 150+ Ghidorah.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:15 pm
Agreed. I know it's another toy company but also makes me wonder did Neca really need a 150+ Ghidorah.
Neca just didn’t care, nor had faith in the property. Hiya has shown this line can hit gold, seeing all these new Monsterverse figures makes me glad they lost the license. I hope Hiya can someday get the license from the Toho side of the franchise.
Last edited by Havoks on Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:terrestris:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’m confused… NECA never made a Ghidorah, would they really have priced it that heavily if their figures are, on the whole, cheaper than Hiya’s?

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

CyberZilla wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:22 pm

I’m confused… NECA never made a Ghidorah, would they really have priced it that heavily if their figures are, on the whole, cheaper than Hiya’s?
Randy said Neca wouldn't make Ghidorah because it would cost so much no one other than toy r us would risk getting it and they out at a few 120 figures in Target.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Cant wiat for more information about ghidorah out off all the monster this is the one I am more excited for.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’m glad they released the figures the way they did. Godzilla and Kong
Rodan and Mothra
Now it’s definitely King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla

Outside of the Mutos, the Skullcrawler, Behemoth, etc. King Ghidorah was probably the one I was most excited for in the “main cast” of Kaiju in the Monsterverse. The heads look so good. Ive read some people take issue with the neck joints but I don’t have any complaints. Regarding the wings, it looks less like a joint and more so a seam line where you switch off the top piece of wings for a smaller, folded wing attachment and then you can move the wings downward for the crawling pose. Im pretty certain that’ll be the case, no way could rubber fold in to achieve that look.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Havoks wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:49 pm I’m glad they released the figures the way they did. Godzilla and Kong
Rodan and Mothra
Now it’s definitely King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla

Outside of the Mutos, the Skullcrawler, Behemoth, etc. King Ghidorah was probably the one I was most excited for in the “main cast” of Kaiju in the Monsterverse. The heads look so good. Ive read some people take issue with the neck joints but I don’t have any complaints. Regarding the wings, it looks less like a joint and more so a seam line where you switch off the top piece of wings for a smaller, folded wing attachment and then you can move the wings downward for the crawling pose. Im pretty certain that’ll be the case, no way could rubber fold in to achieve that look.
Folded wing look would be an absolute chef’s kiss. I would love to pose Ghidorah like that on my shelf, and in fact that’s why I didn’t jump on either of the SHMA versions as of yet.

Resized Image

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

After sitting in my Pile of Loot at BBTS, I got my Hiya Godzilla figure today. Upon first review, it truly is a mixture of NECA and SHMA. My figure is a little stiff, but man...I love the details on this. Yeah, the neck articulation needs to be addressed and worked on, but I'm pretty much all-in on this line. I would love for Hiya to tackle other eras, but I'll take the MV for now. And I hope the do a Burning or Super-Charged variant.

Highly debating selling my SHMA figures of this era.
Last edited by NickMockoviak on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Yeah the neck is the only issue with the Hiya ither worse it's perfect. Still the best MV Goji to me.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Unlike the Monsterarts, I still love playing with the Hiya Godzilla. It’s just so fun to pose, when you pose that neck the right way, it does wonders.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

So not only are all Godzilla products back on Hiya's website, but Godzilla 2021 is now set for release sometime between March and May, which certainly sounds like a reissue. Mind you, all of their Godzilla products have that date listed so it could be a placeholder/glitch, but I want to believe. I need to believe. Especially with that Ghidorah looking as sexy as a Ghidorah can be, I want to go all-in on this line.

https://www.hiyatoys.com/Goods/goodsInfo/id/6158.html

https://www.hiyatoys.com/Goods/Category/id/42.html