Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by king_ghidorah »

Neca and MA look like jokes compared to this guy.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Swimming pose!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not bad. Way better than anything Neca did.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Have anyone order the hiya godzilla figure on ebay or what would be better to order them just asking

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:56 pm Have anyone order the hiya godzilla figure on ebay or what would be better to order them just asking
I ordered off of BBTS. I haven’t seen anything on eBay except scalper pre-orders.
:terrestris:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Looks like Godzilla can do the superhero landing pose

I'm wondering how I can get this shipped to Canada for a reasonable cost. Right now my only option would be BBTS which is murder on the shipping and import charges.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Wow. That looks fantastic. I’ve seen a few more videos of the figure, and while the neck joints still bother me, that’s a minor gripe compared to how great this figure looks.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This just might be the most movie-accurate Legendary Godzilla figure yet. Hope they can get the rights to other kaiju outside the MV.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gigan73
Yojimbo

Post by gigan73 »

Even with the mouth pin this figure looks great. Though I seldom collect anymore, this one keeps tempting me. If it was the 2014 look I'd have got it for sure.
Previously gigan72

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Fermix wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:09 am Image

Man, aside from that jaw peg it seems like Hiya did a great job
Fermix wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:41 am Looks like Godzilla can do the superhero landing pose

I'm wondering how I can get this shipped to Canada for a reasonable cost. Right now my only option would be BBTS which is murder on the shipping and import charges.
So he can probably replicate the "on all fours" scene from Godzilla vs. Kong too.

Goddamn, the promo pics for this guy did nothing for me, but all these in-hand pics (especially the comparisons) - jaw aside - make it clear this is easily the best articulated Monsterverse Godzilla. Difficult to say no at this point.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Still debating on getting the hiya godzilla. So I might wait to see what reviews are for it . For those who pre order it on big bag toy store any advice for someone who never ordered stuffed there before and when will each figure will be released

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:37 pm Still debating on getting the hiya godzilla. So I might wait to see what reviews are for it . For those who pre order it on big bag toy store any advice for someone who never ordered stuffed there before and when will each figure will be released
BBTS is great and pretty simple to use. If you know how to buy things off sites like Amazon or eBay, you’ll know how to do it on there. There is a “Pile of Loot” option where, if you don’t want your items to be shipped out right away, you can have it saved under pile of loot and it will remain in their warehouse for a period of time. You don’t pay until your item / items get to their warehouse and if it’s in your pile of loot, you don’t pay for the shipping and tax UNTIL you decide to ship it out. Really great site, and their packaging is great. Never got anything damaged. Right now it’s all up to how long they will get their imports from Hiya, they got it labeled under 4th quarter but that’s not a guarantee.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

What do you mean by 4th quarter is that like the end of the year or the last three months of the year sorry for asking a dumb question

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

BBTS is a little unreliable when it comes to import items. They never get products in on time. If they give an "in stock" date expect it to get pushed back three months. I was just gonna write this line off but that might be the best looking articulated Legendary Godzilla to date. I like the Neca alright but it's a bit underwhelming.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Havoks wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:08 pm
Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:37 pm Still debating on getting the hiya godzilla. So I might wait to see what reviews are for it . For those who pre order it on big bag toy store any advice for someone who never ordered stuffed there before and when will each figure will be released
BBTS is great and pretty simple to use. If you know how to buy things off sites like Amazon or eBay, you’ll know how to do it on there. There is a “Pile of Loot” option where, if you don’t want your items to be shipped out right away, you can have it saved under pile of loot and it will remain in their warehouse for a period of time. You don’t pay until your item / items get to their warehouse and if it’s in your pile of loot, you don’t pay for the shipping and tax UNTIL you decide to ship it out. Really great site, and their packaging is great. Never got anything damaged. Right now it’s all up to how long they will get their imports from Hiya, they got it labeled under 4th quarter but that’s not a guarantee.
So i do not need to worry about payment if i place a pre order for it until it arrives correct

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:25 pm
Havoks wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:08 pm
So i do not need to worry about payment if i place a pre order for it until it arrives correct
Yep. May take a little longer than most sites for orders to get into their warehouse for pre-orders but I’ve never had any issues receiving my pre-orders. Pretty good choice if you don’t want to pay right away when pre-ordering or if you’re wanting multiple orders to ship together.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Fermix wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:41 am Looks like Godzilla can do the superhero landing pose

Goddamn, that's impressive. Hiya Toys has good talented people engineering their toys. Really hope they make some 1/12 scale Predators as good as their Godzilla.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

A few Chinese video reviews have popped up for the figure:

https://youtu.be/zhkcBZWrT7I

https://youtu.be/c5M0m48SfkQ

These sold me. Went ahead and ordered another from BBTS last night.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It looks decent. Looks like SHMA still has the better the range of motion, but this one has the better head sculpt. That neck joint is a mixed bag though. It looks pretty great in neutral poses but as soon as they try to move it to looking up or down it looks awful. Maybe the floating pieces can be futzed better than in the video?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

That neck joint is what is keeping me from ordering it. Horrible.