Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Legendary Gojira »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:30 am SHMA definitely has the best face paintwork by a landslide.

I’m sure others will disagree but I actually think Neca has the best paint job outside the head. It’s the most lava-looking. And I always liked the touch of the little yellow embers.

Sculpt wise I don’t thing one really stands out from the others. Each have their pros and cons.

I suspect Hiya will be the best articulation but I thinks it’s too early to call that.

Gotta co-sign on everything you said here.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:20 pm
Fermix wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:18 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:16 pm Man, if you think the no restocks of HIYA figures is a hard pill to swallow, ya'll should try the Marmit and X-Plus games.
Man, can we just agree it's all shit? Arguing which anti-consumer practice is worst seems like a race to the bottom.
I mean, we can all agree sure. But it's nothing new in this game. Been around for decades.
BUT...

People are used to higher priced, collector focused items like Marmit, Xplus and MonsterArts needing to be preordered. I think this threw people for a loop because it's not a Japanese product and it's not all that expensive. People were most likely looking at it as a slightly nicer version of your average NECA product, only to be shocked when the initial release was all that there is and the aftermarket quickly went nuts.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:34 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:20 pm
Fermix wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:18 pm

Man, can we just agree it's all shit? Arguing which anti-consumer practice is worst seems like a race to the bottom.
I mean, we can all agree sure. But it's nothing new in this game. Been around for decades.
BUT...

People are used to higher priced, collector focused items like Marmit, Xplus and MonsterArts needing to be preordered. I think this threw people for a loop because it's not a Japanese product and it's not all that expensive. People were most likely looking at it as a slightly nicer version of your average NECA product, only to be shocked when the initial release was all that there is and the aftermarket quickly went nuts.
Oh no doubt. But it's the nature of the beast. Collectors have put up with it for so long, it's no surprise other companies jump on that boat too. No matter the real "excuse" is. Again, I just think it's funny that *NOW* it's becoming a problem for the collectors. And we just keep doing it. I waited a month or so to get the PO on the Hiya Godzilla, and I'm glad I did. It's scummy as shit. But it's not a new practice.

Now we also got companies like Spiral that watched us pay 2, if not 3, times the price for second hand Marmits and have entered the ring swinging with Marmit wannabes that pop at $200+ and X-Plus wannabe statues that push well over $600 for no real reason. And yet people will still buy them, no questions asked. Said it before, but the current state of the hobby is nobody's fault but the collectors' themselves for allowing companies to do what they're doing.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah, even with US companies and toy lines like Star Wars Black Series, charging $25.99 for $19.99 figures (yes inflation has to do with this, but I guarantee that price remains the same now that it’s being introduced as a norm). Deluxe figures are now $27.99. NECA figures went from $27.99 to $41.99.

The Preorder Craze feels like a new issue though, because for some reason companies are having items go out of stock based on preorders alone. Which causes those figures to never even make it to stores and certainly never make it to the stores website. Let alone Store Exclusives killing this hobby as well. Collectors continue to run the trenches between scalpers having field days and newcomers coming en’masse due to all these fan channels blowing up the spot every time a pre-order goes live.

Mac is right in regards to collectors willingly paying these ludicrous prices because they just accept new norms or were never introduced to the old norm to begin with. I got my hands on that Hiya Godzilla and Kong via pre-order, so I made no mistake preordering the rest of the line, which guarantees Hiya and co quite the business model. It’s so devious that it works perfectly, for all of these businesses.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://twitter.com/Zetto_JO/status/162 ... gAo5A&s=19

I spent 45 on this neck joint, but it looks like it's going to take the Hiya Godzilla up another notch.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

That joint would be amazing to help the Hiya Godzilla.

But like.... $40 for shipping?...
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moth wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:55 pm That joint would be amazing to help the Hiya Godzilla.

But like.... $40 for shipping?...
Yeah the shipping is very expensive. The joint and the figure I spent 95 so that’s about what I okay for shna Godzillas lately.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:50 pm https://twitter.com/Zetto_JO/status/162 ... gAo5A&s=19

I spent 45 on this neck joint, but it looks like it's going to take the Hiya Godzilla up another notch.
Just curious as to how this would improve Hiya Godzilla’s neck. Can you post pics when you get it and install it?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legendary Gojira wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:20 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:50 pm https://twitter.com/Zetto_JO/status/162 ... gAo5A&s=19

Just curious as to how this would improve Hiya Godzilla’s neck. Can you post pics when you get it and install it?
I will but here are two pics

https://modplus.online/shop/p/shorten-neck-joint-hiya

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Fermix wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:09 am Image
Very clever, Hiya! They're selling us Ditto... marketed as Rodan.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Well, looks like I am preordering another Ghidorah. My god it looks incredible. Also looks like the wings are fully articulated and can be posed in both standing and crawling form. Now to find out price.

Info:
EXQUISITE BASIC Ghidorah is based on Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). Features accurate details to faithfully capture its on-screen appearance, even the different details of 3 head sculpts.Stands at 350mm tall, has 560mm wingspan. 3 Necks with 27 articulations and Wing with 10 articulations allow to re-create different poses.
Release time: 2023Q3
*The King Ghidorah Figure is ONLY available to pre-order in Mainland CHINA.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Gojira2K wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:27 am Well, looks like I am preordering another Ghidorah. My god it looks incredible. Also looks like the wings are fully articulated and can be posed in both standing and crawling form. Now to find out price.

Info:
EXQUISITE BASIC Ghidorah is based on Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). Features accurate details to faithfully capture its on-screen appearance, even the different details of 3 head sculpts.Stands at 350mm tall, has 560mm wingspan. 3 Necks with 27 articulations and Wing with 10 articulations allow to re-create different poses.
Release time: 2023Q3
*The King Ghidorah Figure is ONLY available to pre-order in Mainland CHINA.

We’re not worthy…we’re not worthy…we’re not worthy…

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Here is the official listing. It’s only $90. That’s a steal.

https://www.hiyatoys.com/collections/mo ... ion-figure
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Gojira2K wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:03 am Here is the official listing. It’s only $90. That’s a steal.

Which once it comes to BBTS, it’ll probably be around $100 - $110 which is still a huge steal. Get fucked Monsterarts.
:terrestris:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Wow. Truly. That's all I can say.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Just over $100? Yeah that's amazing. Another Hiya W.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

There is actually a chance it could be cheaper actually. Gormaru mentioned the price being 469 Yuan which becomes $67.55 USD which is the pricing that comes from the Chinese website posting on Weibo. They said specifically:
This price is from their official Chinese website posting of the figure on Weibo - for Chinese retailers. Any U.S. imported units could likely see a price increase for U.S. dealers. https://weibo.com/u/2252518554
https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 3512018950

Side note, definitely thinking I'm going to preorder, any recommendations for where?
Last edited by Gojira2K on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’ve been seeing photos of a articulated 2019 Godzilla, including atomic version and burning g version. I’m not seeing any official posts about them but they look pretty legit.
Edit: I guess they “supposedly” got leaked but they haven’t officially got the go for them. I got some photos.
Last edited by Havoks on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
:terrestris:

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Gojira2K wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:03 am Here is the official listing. It’s only $90. That’s a steal.

$90?

NIIIIIIIIICE!

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 am There is actually a chance it could be cheaper actually. Gormaru mentioned the price being 469 Yuan which becomes $67.55 USD which is the pricing that comes from the Chinese website posting on Weibo. They said specifically:
This price is from their official Chinese website posting of the figure on Weibo - for Chinese retailers. Any U.S. imported units could likely see a price increase for U.S. dealers. https://weibo.com/u/2252518554
https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 3512018950

Side note, definitely thinking I'm going to preorder, any recommendations for where?

$68? Even better!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Havoks wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:13 am I’ve been seeing photos of a articulated 2019 Godzilla, including atomic version and burning g version. I’m not seeing any official posts about them but they look pretty legit.
Edit: I guess they “supposedly” got leaked but they haven’t officially got the go for them. I got some photos.
Bring on a 2014 already, Hiya!