Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Rody »

The MUTOs are definitely what I want to see in this line more than anything else. I recall Ghidorah and MechaG being teased before, so I assume they'll be next provided there are no problems with the line before Mothra and Rodan see release; but what I NEED are the MUTOs.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Agreed. I missed out on the Premium Bandai MUTO figures, and despite only having basic articulation, they looked fantastic. I have the Photon Collectibles figures, but I’d love an official release from Hiya. Same thing for a Godzilla 2014.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I hope they keep making figures by the time the next movie drops. I would love a Behemoth.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Damn, I really wish I preordered that Godzilla. Given how unexpectedly popular it ended up being, they'd be foolish not to do more production runs.

It also bugs me that BBTS is the only place to get them, not that I have a problem with them (they're actually one of my favorite retailers), but its nice to have options sometimes. Especially in cases like this where they run out of them...

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I think BBTS got them because they imported them. These can’t officially be sold in the US market. And I could be wrong, but I don’t think most other online retailers actually import non-US toys.

That said, I find it odd I haven’t been seen these at any of the overseas sellers like HLJ.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Got my Kong in and just had to do this!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

https://toynewsi.com/312-45622 Hiya doing a Burning version of their '21 statue - hopefully (and almost certainly) the action figure gets a variant too.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Got my Hiya Godzilla today, and he is AMAZING. I'm not a fan of the neck or the noticeable jaw hinge (though it's not too bad), but he's a fantastic figure. Can't wait for Kong, Rodan and the rest.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

All I ask for is G14. Would nab that asap

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

A Hiya Ghidorah would catch my interest really fast. I'm definitely considering their Kong and Godzilla after all of the good reviews I've heard.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I was pretty much ready to go all-in on the entire line, but the abrupt halt in reveals, combined with the speculation of the line coming to a premature end left me a little wary. While we now know Hiya thankfully still has the license, there haven't been any reveals since August (outside of the Burning Godzilla statue repaint, that is). Hopefully Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla will be shown off sooner than later.

I still want Godzilla and Kong regardless, they look too good to pass up. Whether I grab Mothra and Rodan will likely depend on whether the line continues as planned, but who knows, since I initially had no intention on getting Godzilla either until the glowing reviews came in. They do look tempting...

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

The SHMA Mechagodzilla is pretty perfectly sized to the Hiya figures (it’s a little big compared to the SHMA), so I’m pretty happy with my SHMA MG (which thankfully doesn’t have any QC issues). Hiya’s MG will need some pretty good features and/or accessories to get me to double dip on that one.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:38 pm The SHMA Mechagodzilla is pretty perfectly sized to the Hiya figures (it’s a little big compared to the SHMA), so I’m pretty happy with my SHMA MG (which thankfully doesn’t have any QC issues). Hiya’s MG will need some pretty good features and/or accessories to get me to double dip on that one.
I almost got the SHMA but it lacks any effect parts. A Hiya with comparable detail and a beam could win me over, but we’ll see if that ever happens, since their Godzilla also lacks a beam accessory.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Legendary Gojira wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:23 pm Got my Hiya Godzilla today, and he is AMAZING. I'm not a fan of the neck or the noticeable jaw hinge (though it's not too bad), but he's a fantastic figure. Can't wait for Kong, Rodan and the rest.
Where did you get yours if I may ask?

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

StardustGenius wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:12 pm
Legendary Gojira wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:23 pm Got my Hiya Godzilla today, and he is AMAZING. I'm not a fan of the neck or the noticeable jaw hinge (though it's not too bad), but he's a fantastic figure. Can't wait for Kong, Rodan and the rest.
Where did you get yours if I may ask?
I preordered it through Big Bad Toy Store when it first went up months ago. I had it in my Pile of Loot since it was released, trying to wait for Kong, but finally decided to ship it out last week.
Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

SUPERTOHOREMIX wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:44 pm All I ask for is G14. Would nab that asap
Likewise. That, and the female MUTO.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:30 pm I was pretty much ready to go all-in on the entire line, but the abrupt halt in reveals, combined with the speculation of the line coming to a premature end left me a little wary. While we now know Hiya thankfully still has the license, there haven't been any reveals since August (outside of the Burning Godzilla statue repaint, that is). Hopefully Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla will be shown off sooner than later.

I still want Godzilla and Kong regardless, they look too good to pass up. Whether I grab Mothra and Rodan will likely depend on whether the line continues as planned, but who knows, since I initially had no intention on getting Godzilla either until the glowing reviews came in. They do look tempting...
Well, it might not be much with no specific reveals, but Hiya has reaffirmed their commitment to Godzilla in their annual report, highlighting how big this line ended up being for them. More will be revealed this year, and they're also listening to fan's suggestions. MUTOs should be a lock then given how frequently I see them requested (even in the comments of this very post, alongside the Skullcrawlers, who I very much want to see as well).

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4859927334486663

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Mutos from 2014 and Kong Skull Island Skullcrawler Queen are definitely top of the list of wants for me, so I hope we will see some announcements soon. I bet Hiya was, happily, surprised about the success of the poseable figures. Ever since I got my Godzilla I’ve hardly stopped touching it. I can’t wait for them to announce King Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla, going to dedicate a whole shelf to the hiya figures.
:terrestris:

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Got a notification from BBTS saying Kong should be in soon, get ready bois.
:terrestris:

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Havoks wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:49 am Got a notification from BBTS saying Kong should be in soon, get ready bois.
Aye, verily. I, too, received yon electronic missive from BBTS.