Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
spookymizu
Ronin

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by spookymizu »

Thanks for assembling the photo montages. Those are always fun to pour over!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:26 am Neosaurus is back, confirmed! Along with our first looks at a new Deathfacer, a new Basser, Gregole and Sphere Red King!

Love the fact Neosaurus, my favorite kaiju from Dyna, is returning. Looks like they enlarged the head, which I am cool with.
Sphere Red King is looking damn good! Also, nice to see Neosaurus again!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Another taste of Sphere Red King!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

For once I'm off and can watch the live release. Of course it's got to have Mr. 'Smile Smile' just to mess with my luck.
If he saves it for when the crisis is over I can live with that. But if he says it before and no one makes fun of him then I'm punching my screen.
Spoiler:
Like the second line of the episode is Smile Smile. **** Tsuburaya. Up to two smile smiles now along with a line saying he wants to restore smiles on Mars. But hey that one wasn't so bad.
Eh it was okay I guess. Might be my least favorite so far. Just not as fun as seeing Haruki meeting Kengo. I'd rather Haruki meets Asumi.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

That sword may be the most blagrant and unnecessary cash grab for merch ever in an Ultra Series…and that’s saying something unfortunately. Just bleh
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I didn't mind the sword. Looked kind of cool. Normally Ultra swords look dumb like Orb's sword. Yes even with the card swipe part.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Saturndusk wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:15 pm That sword may be the most blagrant and unnecessary cash grab for merch ever in an Ultra Series…and that’s saying something unfortunately. Just bleh
Would it be refreshing to replace it with something else?

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Am I the only one that feels that Kengo/Trigger high-jacked Decker's show for this episode? They feak'n made Trigger save Decker a couple of times. This is my least favorite episode thus far.

On another note, I am very happy to see the Terebi-kun scans that show Neo-Saurus and Sphere Red King. They look really cool. I can't wait to see them in action in the upcoming shows.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I mean he is the more senior and experienced Ultra so I can understand him saving Decker. Still hopefully next episode Asumi returns the favor.
The double transformation and double strength punch was pretty cool.
So no not terrible...but the writing was a bit weaker and Kengo's smile smile didn't help.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This one episode was better than about 85% of Trigger. That's simultaneously hilarious and depressing. If only executive meddling didn't ruin good ideas like it always does.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:26 pm
Saturndusk wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:15 pm That sword may be the most blagrant and unnecessary cash grab for merch ever in an Ultra Series…and that’s saying something unfortunately. Just bleh
Would it be refreshing to replace it with something else?
It’d be refreshing not shoehorn something in, I fear for whatever think Neo Generation Gaia will get.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Why not a mace or hammer instead?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Crossover episodes are always fun. Especially when the original host actors are present as well. I mean I understand the difficulty in getting Tigas actor to appear in anything, but it basically made that appearance last season in Trigger fall flat. Kind of the same disappointment I felt when the original Ultraman and Tiga appeared in the X movie without Hayata and Daigo.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

We've been bamboozled!
Spoiler:
What we've thought of as Neosaurus actually isn't Neosaurus! Instead, we have a (sorta) new kaiju on our hands: Neomegas!
Basically, this is a sort of New Generation version of Neosaurus kinda like how Tiga and Dyna have Trigger and Decker. While initially disappointing, I think this is a cool concept that probably should've been done more in Trigger.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

We definitely been bamboozled...

I wish that they could give a series a bigger budget so that we could get NEW monsters.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:59 pm We've been bamboozled!
Spoiler:
What we've thought of as Neosaurus actually isn't Neosaurus! Instead, we have a (sorta) new kaiju on our hands: Neomegas!
Basically, this is a sort of New Generation version of Neosaurus kinda like how Tiga and Dyna have Trigger and Decker. While initially disappointing, I think this is a cool concept that probably should've been done more in Trigger.
Well, so much for seeing Grigio Bone again.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:59 pm We've been bamboozled!
Spoiler:
Well, so much for seeing Grigio Bone again.
They could always modify the suit back, I guess.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The new episode was great! A perfect wrap up to Carmearra's return and the Trigger/Decker crossover event. Honestly, it's nice to see the Trigger cast be used in an.. actually good way

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:00 pm The new episode was great! A perfect wrap up to Carmearra's return and the Trigger/Decker crossover event. Honestly, it's nice to see the Trigger cast be used in an.. actually good way
Agreed. I'd say this is my second favorite episode of Decker so far, with the first of course being the underground kaiju one.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I can't help but wonder if they planned to do some Trigger wrap-ups in Decker or not.
I think considering how often plotpoints were dropped in Trigger that this was more the Decker team going 'hey wasn't R'lyeh going to be something or what?' I think this was more on the Decker team adding some substance to the obligatory Decker/Trigger two parter.
Well it certainly was an improvement over the previous episode. This episode made me care about Kengo and Yuna. Yeah it did in one episode what Trigger couldn't do over 25.
Still why does Hundram get a shot at being reborn? Guy visibly destroyed a planet while Darrgon I never got the impression he did.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.