Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

We've got new trademarks so I figure it's about time we get this up and running.
Spoiler:
To sum up said trademarks, there's two new planes called the Griffin and the Hawk. The Key Gun is returning (but not as our protag's transformation device, of course) so we can say for certain that GUTS-Select is still a thing. In terms of kaiju, we've got a couple newbies as well as Sphere variants of *sigh* Gomora and Red King. But hey, Gijera and Deathfacer are coming back. Also, Deathdrago III is a thing. And, uhhh... that's about it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

^Is it possible that Decker could have different forms harnessing the powers of past Ultra-kaiju like X?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wait so with
Spoiler:
GUTS-Select being there does that mean this is the same world as Trigger? In other words basically Dyna in a way? Nooo! The useless trio could somehow come back! But at least the great handsome captain Seiya could return hm uh hm...
So what's Decker's human form/host/whatsits' phrase going to be? "Hug! Hug!"
"Remember: we must hug each other! When children are down it is up to parents or older siblings to hug and return a sense of comfort to them! Hug! Hug!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spoiler:
Just realized that there's a Sphere variant of Megalothor... That has to be the fastest villain decay I have ever seen.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
I'm actually kinda interested on how the Sphere kaiju are gonna look. Since Dyna had Sphere monsters be made out of different material like laval, crystals, stuff like that. Could lead to some really awesome designs.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Bumping!
Gigantis wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:21 am
Spoiler:
I'm actually kinda interested on how the Sphere kaiju are gonna look. Since Dyna had Sphere monsters be made out of different material like laval, crystals, stuff like that. Could lead to some really awesome designs.
When I read "Sphere Gomora", my instant thought was a rubbery hide and color pattern of the Spheres applied to Gomora. And I kind of like it, even if I'm growing a bit tired of all the Gomora variants the franchise likes to put out. But when you got the Prince of the Monsters in your lineup... Might as well use him.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh boy! Hug hug time!
I gotta say I have something of a special fondness for not just Ultraman Z but Return of Ultraman since those came out around the time Covid was getting bad and I needed the comfort. Plus y'know they were enjoyable.
I do wonder if I'd be a little fonder of Trigger if that came out at the time Z did.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

If this is fake, it's a masterful troll. If it's real... Well, I'm not so sure how to feel about Decker's design.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hmmmmmmmmm, man I'm torn on the design. Needs to be more like Trigger in being different from Tiga when you put the two together. Some fans are saying Decker looks more like a powerup for Dyna.

Takeshi Tsuruno is most likely going to return. He liked a few comments on insta asking if he's gonna return.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Kinda torn on the design. It is awesome for sure! But also very close to Dyna. Like so close you can actually mistake Decker for him, if his arm covers his chest...

Also one dude on reddit had an interesting idea:
Akito from Trigger becoming Decker. I really like that and would be totally hooked if they did that! And maybe the teaser even hinted on sth like that with the GUTS-Select suit we saw in it...

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I do like the purple glowy bits on him.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:09 am Hmmmmmmmmm, man I'm torn on the design. Needs to be more like Trigger in being different from Tiga when you put the two together. Some fans are saying Decker looks more like a powerup for Dyna.
Same. I think an easy way to counteract this would've been to make all the blue bits galaxy-colored as well as the plates.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’m ok with the design. Need to see it in action to judge it fairly though I think.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Design looks great. Still unsure about redoing TDG, but I feel the design is stronger than Trigger.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

At this rate, I think Tsupro will do a next gen Gaia. Probably call him Ultraman Geo.

spookymizu
Ronin

Post by spookymizu »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:01 pm At this rate, I think Tsupro will do a next gen Gaia. Probably call him Ultraman Geo.
I was thinking Ultraman Gunner, even though the whole gun thing can be problematic. Geo would definitely be better.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

spookymizu wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:36 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:01 pm At this rate, I think Tsupro will do a next gen Gaia. Probably call him Ultraman Geo.
I was thinking Ultraman Gunner, even though the whole gun thing can be problematic. Geo would definitely be better.
A Ultraman with a gun and/or canon-type weapon does sound interesting.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I rather like the design, sans the "spacey" bits, which look like holographic stickers you'd find on a cheap kid's toy.

And it's nice to see a New Gen. show finally continue on from an established universe rather than set it in a whole new universe that winds up being no different. Just a shame it's Trigger's....
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:38 pm And it's nice to see a New Gen. show finally continue on from an established universe rather than set it in a whole new universe that winds up being no different. Just a shame it's Trigger's....
Thinking about it and assuming, that TsuPro does do a New Gen Gaia afterwards, I hope it will be set in the same universe too so the trio is complete and they can make a big New Gen TDG movie. That would be cool