Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This episode is yet another good one.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I was onboard with today's episode up until the time the freak'n brought out that dumb money grab sword Trigger gave Decker. ***sigh***

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TBH I'm too tired to due a full essay on the new episode but..

Sphere Red King is SOOO Cool.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A big plot spoiler guy we've known of for a bit just got leaked. I won't post it tagged since it's not even featured in Televi-kun yet but for those who are curious, it should be easy to find.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Dyrakro wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:42 pm
MaxRebo320 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:38 pm And it's nice to see a New Gen. show finally continue on from an established universe rather than set it in a whole new universe that winds up being no different. Just a shame it's Trigger's....
Thinking about it and assuming, that TsuPro does do a New Gen Gaia afterwards, I hope it will be set in the same universe too so the trio is complete and they can make a big New Gen TDG movie. That would be cool
The original Gaia was set in a separate universe from its 2 predecessors, so a hypothetical new gen version will likely do the same.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Haven't watched the newest episode yet but I got to say from what I've seen of that sword it's a lot better looking than some of the previous weapons. Orb's sword was cool with the elemental powers but it looked kinda silly in a swordfight. I didn't mind Geed's claw thing I just wished it ended up being part of something important. Beliarok I like a lot, looked kinda silly but giving it a personality helped. The spear/bow thing was pretty cool I sorta wish we learned more about it. I didn't mind Trigger's sword/claw/bow thing.

Hm there seem to be more weapons I like the look of than I remembered. Still the sword is better than Orb's sword look-wise.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:27 am A big plot spoiler guy we've known of for a bit just got leaked. I won't post it tagged since it's not even featured in Televi-kun yet but for those who are curious, it should be easy to find.
Who? Pm me

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

There got last week's episode watched. Yeah I really like this one too. I dont' know if Grace is a past Ultra enemy or new. Sphere Redking was cool but really the highlight is the Grace and his daughter. I'm glad we got another case of aliens being unable to leave Earth.
I like that Guts Select blew up a monster and Decker's role was saving someone...I love that the big attack of summoning all three mons at once is...pull someone out of danger. I still like it.

Oh I really like 10 too!
Spoiler:
I'm glad Kaizaki got an episode to shine. I find myself enjoying the philosophy conflict. Neomegas being a grown/controlled monster is a neat idea. I find myself hoping the mentor comes back because there's a fun idea in a reoccurring human baddie. But perhaps one and done is for the better. Jetpack Decker is soooo pointless...but damn it was awesome.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Prolly my biggest disappointment of an episode thus far. Not a "bad" episode in the least, but I was just hoping for more of a Neosaurus-esque episode. I think I hyped myself up too much for Neomegas. Really wish his beam was from his chest things and it had the tracking ability as the original helix beam. But apparently Neomegas returns and becomes Sphere Neomegas, so maybe he'll gain that power then.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

So the Gryphon spot an homage to Mazinger?

Wasn’t a spectacular episode but at least another solid one.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:16 am Prolly my biggest disappointment of an episode thus far. Not a "bad" episode in the least, but I was just hoping for more of a Neosaurus-esque episode. I think I hyped myself up too much for Neomegas. Really wish his beam was from his chest things and it had the tracking ability as the original helix beam. But apparently Neomegas returns and becomes Sphere Neomegas, so maybe he'll gain that power then.
And maybe he’ll have a redemption arc?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This latest episode was pretty good. Made me like HANE2 more than I already did.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I really enjoyed today's episode. Their "new weapon" looks cool.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not a bad episode. Terraphaser has the ability to grow on me the more we see it, but I can't help but feel its hands look REALLY cheap. Reibasser is probably my favorite version of the "basser"s. Really glad they brought its storm generation abilities back, which I think were missing last time we saw it in R/B. The smaller "chicks" were a nice touch, and I laughed at the whole interactions with human-sized Decker. It's really nice seeing an Ultra that doesn't directly communicate in human language.

Did anybody else really grin when they said Terraphaser's final attack is called a "Mega Buster." I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but if it ends up looking like MG's from 1993, I will loose it. Really curious to see if Terraphaser follows Deathfacer's footsteps and becomes a tool for the enemies later on. This could be the window that makes Hanjiro leave the show like the original did mid-way through.

Also, I read the Spheres in this are a metaphor for Covid-19. A neat little tidbit I can really see in hindsight now.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly I think my favorite part of the latest episode was seeing Decker fight in human sized mode. I love seeing stuff like that!

Terraphaser is pretty cool, and I love how its entire name is a reference at two Dyna characters at the same time. The bird kaiju (forget its name) also makes for a pretty good antagonist. Hanejiro is also a treat any time it's on screen.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Be wary of the social media for spoilers…
Spoiler:
Dynamic Type Decker
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Saturndusk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:53 am Be wary of the social media for spoilers…
Spoiler:
Dynamic Type Decker
Yeeeep.
Need to see more before I really judge, but man that weapon thing looks iffy. And in more less than spoiler-y news, a first look at Spheresaurus' return!

Quote of the Year:

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Man, Ultraman Decker is soooo much better than Ultraman Trigger's show. Aside for maybe a two or three episodes, Decker's show is superior. Today's episode was a good one! Now that his identity is out, I wonder how this will play out. Next week's episode seems like a filler episode though...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

For a recap episode, this week was pretty good.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay this week is the recap? I wasn't sure if it'd be this one or next week. Figures after the end of the previous episode we're stopping to breathe than follow it up.
Mmmm Z's recap episode was good fun. 'Whoa scary red guy!'