Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by SpiderZilla »

edgaguirus wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:31 pm Inspired by conversation on unpopular opinion thread....HWYF about a movie where Godzilla hears the call of a female Godzilla and makes his way to her, causing some concern to those in his path as he does. However, they both end up facing the same powerful monster, and defeating it together causes an even stronger bond between them?
I think a single Godzilla is tolerable in his universe. A breeding pair of Godzillas would be a whole new reason for humanity to want to eliminate him and his lineage.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA if in a fight Godzilla straight up smacked an opponent with his hand? No slashing or raking claws, just good ol' bitch slapping.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:21 am HWYFA if in a fight Godzilla straight up smacked an opponent with his hand? No slashing or raking claws, just good ol' bitch slapping.
Godzilla Vs Kong 2021

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

HWYFA: a Hank Marlow movie or comic about him readjusting to society.

Or, something revolving around his time on Skull Island.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFA :

1. Godzilla and a bunch of other monsters abducted by high-tech aliens and forced to partake in gladiatorial matches?
2. Toho either had a merger with or did an outright buyout of another major corporation? If so, which one would it realistically be?
3. Platinum games did a Godzilla game?
4. Toho made a trilobite-monster?
5. A new iteration of Godzilla had reddish-orange as the standard atomic breath color, but then blue as the upgraded version?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

1. I suggested this one myself the other day. Shut up and take my money!

2 and 3: No opinion.

4. Sure, why not? I'd love to see some new Toho monsters, and trilobites have a lot of cool, varied anatomy to work with.

5. I can see the logic here, and it could work. Given that blue is the standard color and red has historically been used for power ups, it would probably be too confusing to audiences to be worth it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:04 am 1. I suggested this one myself the other day. Shut up and take my money!

2 and 3: No opinion.

4. Sure, why not? I'd love to see some new Toho monsters, and trilobites have a lot of cool, varied anatomy to work with.

5. I can see the logic here, and it could work. Given that blue is the standard color and red has historically been used for power ups, it would probably be too confusing to audiences to be worth it.
In real life, blue flames are hotter than red.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:59 am In real life, blue flames are hotter than red.
Yep. It definitely makes sense. Again, though, I just think reversing tradition might not go over well. I guess it's all about the execution, though, of course.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 am HWYFA :
5. A new iteration of Godzilla had reddish-orange as the standard atomic breath color, but then blue as the upgraded version?
I'll do you one better - an iteration of Godzilla that has access to blue atomic breath, but also regular red non-atomic flame breath as a nod to the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla.

(I could do without the eye lasers.)
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

There's a question - how would you feel about Godzilla getting eye lasers again?

In 2015 I would have been disgusted, but post-Shin... it wouldn't really feel like that big a deal. :lol: Maybe they could be an alternative to the nuclear pulse. Godzilla gets into a situation where an enemy is strangling him and preventing the atomic ray from coming out of his mouth, so the energy winds up leaving through his eyes instead, decapitating the enemy in the process. Or he winds up in a stalemate beam-lock, and reduces the power of his ray to let the enemy think it's winning. It advances forward, pushing Godzilla's ray farther and farther back, gets up in Godzilla's face- eye lasers bitch! The tail laser could work for either of those scenarios, too, of course.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:56 am There's a question - how would you feel about Godzilla getting eye lasers again?

In 2015 I would have been disgusted, but post-Shin... it wouldn't really feel like that big a deal. :lol: Maybe they could be an alternative to the nuclear pulse. Godzilla gets into a situation where an enemy is strangling him and preventing the atomic ray from coming out of his mouth, so the energy winds up leaving through his eyes instead, decapitating the enemy in the process. Or he winds up in a stalemate beam-lock, and reduces the power of his ray to let the enemy think it's winning. It advances forward, pushing Godzilla's ray farther and farther back, gets up in Godzilla's face- eye lasers bitch! The tail laser could work for either of those scenarios, too, of course.
I don't like him becoming Superman tbh :Superman:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I feel like the more things we're willing to accept when it comes to changing Godzilla the more it's eventually not going to BE Godzilla.

Shin set a scary precedent. But that's just me.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:57 am I feel like the more things we're willing to accept when it comes to changing Godzilla the more it's eventually not going to BE Godzilla.

Shin set a scary precedent. But that's just me.
I agree to a certain extent. I love Shin and I'm glad we got that design. But I really just want to see a more traditional Godzilla brought to life with modern CGI.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 am HWYFA :

1. Godzilla and a bunch of other monsters abducted by high-tech aliens and forced to partake in gladiatorial matches?
2. Toho either had a merger with or did an outright buyout of another major corporation? If so, which one would it realistically be?
3. Platinum games did a Godzilla game?
4. Toho made a trilobite-monster?
1. I had a Star Wars/Godzilla crossover idea like this. It'd be interesting to see kaiju used that way.
4. We did have the mutant sea lice, but it would be a unique enemy for Godzilla.
5. I'm not sure.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Trilobytes and sea lice are not closely related.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Hwyfi

Ford Brody wasn't rescued from the boat at the end of Godzilla and died when the nuke exploded?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gojira1604 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:36 pm Hwyfi

Ford Brody wasn't rescued from the boat at the end of Godzilla and died when the nuke exploded?
While I would just prefer a happy ending for him, could be a dramatic hero's sacrifice sendoff.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Ford's journey in the film is to get back home, so it really would cheat his character if he died.

HWYFA a world where a guy, who lives in a world where kaiju exist, finds out his world is a computer simulation and tries to convince his creators to stop the kaiju attacks?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFA :

1. A future Godzilla design was based on the 1984 design?
2. They brought back biotech like in Biollante?
3. A modern 2v2 tag-team movie like in GvG and GvM?
4. If Toho re-adapted the Yamato Takeru legend?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:18 pm HWYFA :

1. A future Godzilla design was based on the 1984 design?
2. They brought back biotech like in Biollante?
3. A modern 2v2 tag-team movie like in GvG and GvM?
4. If Toho re-adapted the Yamato Takeru legend?
1. So long as they make sure the close ups don't look as awkward as the animatronic face could be at times, I'd be down.
2. Oh that could be fun.
3. We technically got a 2v2 match with GKOM but I'd be down for say Godzilla/Kong tag teaming against a couple Kaiju.
4. Yeah I feel an updated second chance at this could be fun.