Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Gojira1604 »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:28 am HWYFA...
1. If they made a mean spirited crack at the Red Sox' espense in KOTM?
("Bad news! Ghidorah destroyed Fenway Park!" "...So what exactly is the bad news?")
2. Toho adapted many of their unmade films as manga, with the idea they represent what happened in between films (Showa in particular)?
3. If Toho brought back Maguma as a joke character where he randomly shows up in every Godzilla movie, leaving the humans confused?
1. Ew nah
2. Sounds cool though may complicate the continuity
3. Ew nah.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:27 pm ^Any joke would be better than the gonorrhea joke. Anyways, here's some more to my name :

HYWFA :

1. A Bioengineered monster used by the military that ends up becoming heroic? My idea is inspired by the latest episode of Ultraman Decker.
2. A heroic Space Monster?
3. A 2v2 tag-team Godzilla fighting game?
4. Toho re-adapted the Yamato Takeru legend?
1. Interesting, would stand out in the sea of Science Gone Wrong kaiju.
2. Would like, especially as a foil to Ghidorah.
3. I would like that.
4. Not sure I would. Maybe just a straight adaptation of Susano-o?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:28 am HWYFA...
1. If they made a mean spirited crack at the Red Sox' espense in KOTM?
("Bad news! Ghidorah destroyed Fenway Park!" "...So what exactly is the bad news?")
2. Toho adapted many of their unmade films as manga, with the idea they represent what happened in between films (Showa in particular)?
3. If Toho brought back Maguma as a joke character where he randomly shows up in every Godzilla movie, leaving the humans confused?
1. That's a good joke.
2. Maybe not what happened in between films, but I'd love to see the unmade films as Manga or comics.
3. I wouldn't mind seeing Maguma in a cameo, but not as a joke. Let the big walrus have some dignified role, or, if it is a joke, have it be an easter egg, like a cave painting or a file lying on some official's desk.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA...
1. A kiaiju that was totally silent if not rather quiet, with no roar whatsoever?
2. In a homage to the Slurpasaur techniue, a future Godzilla or kaiju film dressed a domestic animal up in a costume (a horse or a dog, in a way that wouldn't disturb them)?
3. If they brought Kumonga back but as a more benign kaiju?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. APEX Skullcrawlers broke out of their facility and became the new major invasive species in Florida.

2. King Kong was a villain in some portrayal. Almost as spiteful and ruthless as say GMK Godzilla.

3. A Godzilla movie that takes place 100% in the in ocean. In a submarine, underwater station or Atragon.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 am 1. APEX Skullcrawlers broke out of their facility and became the new major invasive species in Florida.

2. King Kong was a villain in some portrayal. Almost as spiteful and ruthless as say GMK Godzilla.

3. A Godzilla movie that takes place 100% in the in ocean. In a submarine, underwater station or Atragon.
1. Interesting.

2. Interesting and would support.

3. Interesting times 3.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'd be on board for a vicious, antagonistic Kong. I don't see it ever happening, but it would make for an interesting change of pace.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:36 am HWYFA...
1. A kiaiju that was totally silent if not rather quiet, with no roar whatsoever?
2. In a homage to the Slurpasaur techniue, a future Godzilla or kaiju film dressed a domestic animal up in a costume (a horse or a dog, in a way that wouldn't disturb them)?
3. If they brought Kumonga back but as a more benign kaiju?
1. I think it would be an interesting way to make a kaiju creepy and unsettling. The sound editors could go from sound scenes to near silent ones to create an effective atmosphere.
2. Something like The Killer Shrews but have the shrews 90 feet long? It could be done, but it may not be convincing looking.
3. If Kumonga was portrayed as the guardian of a tropical region, and prevented humans from taking advantage of it, then yes.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This guy says hi.

Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

HWYFI: Godzilla & Mothra literally fell in love in a movie & did something akin to kissing (like the MUTO pair) or, even further...😏

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think when a thread like this gets to questions about Godzilla making out with Mothra, it's pretty much reached the end of its life expectancy.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gojira1604 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:19 pm HWYFI: Godzilla & Mothra literally fell in love in a movie & did something akin to kissing (like the MUTO pair) or, even further...😏
I think I would disassociate myself with the entire fandom. I think I would have to erase the past 11 years of my life. I would have to fill the void left. I would not want anything to do with the franchise if Godzilla and Mothra had coitus.

This is by far the worst suggestion the on whole thread. I’m sorry.
For Emperor and Empire!

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:36 pm
This guy says hi.

That's a mecha, which has no roar, I mean like an organism kaiju.

Added in 42 seconds:
Gojira1604 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:19 pm HWYFI: Godzilla & Mothra literally fell in love in a movie & did something akin to kissing (like the MUTO pair) or, even further...😏

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Getting away from that....

HWYFA Godzilla going back in time to medieval Europe and a group of knights facing the biggest dragon they've ever seen?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm Getting away from that....

HWYFA Godzilla going back in time to medieval Europe and a group of knights facing the biggest dragon they've ever seen?
Sound truly awesome, would like to see the same with King Ghidorah or Desghidorah.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFI

Ghidorah started out as evil and turned good like Godzilla does every so often? I know they technically did it before in 1991, but who says it can't be done again? In that case, Death Ghidorah could be brought back as a more evil foil for KG.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This thread's entire free trial of living has expired.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:34 pm
This thread's entire free trial of living has expired.
We could always have a Kaiju created by mixing Godzilla and Mothra cells in a lab.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:55 pm HWYFI

Ghidorah started out as evil and turned good like Godzilla does every so often? I know they technically did it before in 1991, but who says it can't be done again? In that case, Death Ghidorah could be brought back as a more evil foil for KG.
Odd, but I would like if done well.

Perhaps he is sent by evil aloen races to destroy Earth's biosphere for preperation to cllnise, but he has his doubts (think Thundercraker), and eventually he turns on the alien race and live the rest of his life out in peace.

Added in 4 minutes 10 seconds:
edgaguirus wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm Getting away from that....

Ooh, nice.

I'd like it if the work was about Midieval Europe's spread and cutting down of trees to clear for stinking farmland, and some characters would interpret Godzilla as being sent by God to punish humanity for sins such as greed. Bonus points if other mythical creatures apprar in addition to dragons.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

HWYFI: Godzilla permanently crippled an opponent but did not kill it?