GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Ryu
Samurai

GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

Post by Ryu »

It was announced in an interview by Chris Mowry that a new comic is on its way. And it will be a crossover.
https://twitter.com/AstoundingBB/status ... 4887041028
He doesn't know if IDW comics or Legendary will publish the comic.
IDW comics is in dire financial straits, and a few days ago it lost its license from Hasbro. No more Tranformers, GI joe, little pony. And uncanonical crossover with Pacific Rim, I don't believe it. True, it belongs to legendary, but now that also belongs to universal studios. Not WB.
Theories?
Who knows, IDW godzilla vs Legendary's godzilla?
I leave your opinion.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New godzilla crossover comic

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ryu wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:25 pm It was announced in an interview by Chris Mowry that a new comic is on its way. And it will be a crossover.
https://twitter.com/AstoundingBB/status ... 4887041028
He doesn't know if IDW comics or Legendary will publish the comic.
IDW comics is in dire financial straits, and a few days ago it lost its license from Hasbro. No more Tranformers, GI joe, little pony. And uncanonical crossover with Pacific Rim, I don't believe it. True, it belongs to legendary, but now that also belongs to universal studios. Not WB.
Theories?
Who knows, IDW godzilla vs Legendary's godzilla?
I leave your opinion.
Godzilla vs. Star Trek from IDW please. 8-)

Other than that, a Toho X Legendary comic seems very likely. While it would be out of left field, other super heroes or creatures could be likely. I wonder if it'll be an American crossover or Japanese.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

It's just wishful thinking but I want "Legendary Godzilla vs Shin Godzilla" or "Godzilla vs Gamera"

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

If it's IDW, we have Ghostbusters, star trek, TMNT, My little pony, and maybe Star Wars. I'm thinking Ghostbusters and TMNT are the most likely.

If it's Legendary, I could see them doing a Pacific rim crossover to test the waters for a future film..
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

It won’t be because Disney hates Marvel doing crossovers, but Guardians of the Galaxy could be cool. Maybe they’re flying in Space and they find Ghidorah controlled by Planet X, who has allied themselves with the Shiar or Thanos or something. Cue the Guardians attempting to heist Godzilla off earth to fight him.

Also, if they did that, they’d 900% reprint the old Mavel series in Omnibus.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

You're right, there should have been a Godzilla, King of the Monsters Omnibus long before now.

If they can do both The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu and The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as two separate series of Marvel Omnibuses (the first series in four volumes and the second series in two volumes), why not this one?

Better yet, why not do Omnibuses for - dare I say it - the Shogun Warriors, the Micronauts, the Transformers, Rom the Spaceknight? The possibilities are endless here!

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:20 pm You're right, there should have been a Godzilla, King of the Monsters Omnibus long before now.

If they can do both The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu and The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as two separate series of Marvel Omnibuses (the first series in four volumes and the second series in two volumes), why not this one?

Better yet, why not do Omnibuses for - dare I say it - the Shogun Warriors, the Micronauts, the Transformers, Rom the Spaceknight? The possibilities are endless here!
I believe IDW did put out a couple Transformers ones, and did get licensing from Marvel to use the issues with their characters.

That being said I’d love to see Rom reprinted as well as the issues he guest starred in other books.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

KingCornetto wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am
mikelcho wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:20 pm You're right, there should have been a Godzilla, King of the Monsters Omnibus long before now.

I believe IDW did put out a couple Transformers ones, and did get licensing from Marvel to use the issues with their characters.

That being said I’d love to see Rom reprinted as well as the issues he guest starred in other books.
Well, at least the Marvel Transformers series seems to have been done; even though Marvel themselves didn't do it personally, they allowed someone else to do it.

Were these hardcover omnibus volumes, or just plain old ordinary trade paperbacks?
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's Power Rangers. Honestly didn't even think of it.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/14715298 ... An0xg&s=19
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

...yay?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

You know that’s actually a good idea to have Godzilla face the Power Rangers. Think about it both franchises are heavenly involve giant monsters fight and have a huge following so that does makes sense to make a crossover.

Added in 6 minutes 22 seconds:
Just hope we get something similar to GvK where their is a winner and still they team up
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

This makes total sense. I’m excited for more Godzilla comics in general.

But I also don’t care about Power Rangers at all. Hope I won’t be lost. Though it is an episodic kids show, so I’ll probably be okay.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

My 8 year old self is screaming rn
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So we're about to see an Unstoppable Force vs an Unmovable Object.

I'm betting Godzilla will eventually team up with the Rangers against Goldar and Ghidorah.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:00 pm So we're about to see an Unstoppable Force vs an Unmovable Object.

I'm betting Godzilla will eventually team up with the Rangers against Goldar and Ghidorah.
I have similar predictions myself. All this certainly raises the question as to what other Godzilla crossovers Toho will be willing to greenlight in the future.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I have little interest in Power Rangers, but I appreciate Sentai and this is the closest thing we might get to that type of cross over. Looks awesome!

Notice that it doesn’t say “Godzilla vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers” but “and”.

Changed the thread title and the main site has a nice write up and info on it:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/godzil ... s-roundup/
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA AND MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

Is the “Godzilla isn’t allowed to lose” for all crossovers or just the MV? I really don’t want him to lose to the fucking power Rangers lol

Added in 48 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm I have little interest in Power Rangers, but I appreciate Sentai and this is the closest thing we might get to that type of cross over. Looks awesome!

Notice that it doesn’t say “Godzilla vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers” but “and”.

It does say vs tho…
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This is the first time Godzilla has crossed over with another Toku franchise. Just so you know, what happened in Ultraman ‘66 doesn’t count.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Summary: When Rita Repulsa uses an ancient artifact to transport herself to a universe without Power Rangers, she finds herself in a world with aliens, kaiju, and… Godzilla! Hoping to annihilate this new foe, Rita hurls her own terrible creatures into battle. But she never expects that the Rangers have followed her to this alternate reality, pitting the Dinozords themselves head-to-head with the King of the Monsters!

Oh so that’s how it’s happening

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:33 pm Is the “Godzilla isn’t allowed to lose” for all crossovers or just the MV? I really don’t want him to lose to the skreeonking power Rangers lol

Added in 48 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm I have little interest in Power Rangers, but I appreciate Sentai and this is the closest thing we might get to that type of cross over. Looks awesome!

It does say vs tho…
The mmpr team does have enough fire power to wear him down but he should defeat them unless they weaken this version.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image