Change to Edit Timing

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Change to Edit Timing

Post by Arbok »

We are making a change right now to the edit policy of the site. Posts now can be edited up to 30 minutes after being posted, rather than forever.

This change is meant to make moderating easier so only new posts have to be focused on. I realize this might play havoc with some ways that the forums are used, so please feel free to mention those here so we are at least aware of them.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Change to Edit Timing

Post by Gigantis »

Some other websites put the edit timer up to seven days after the post. Why not do that? Feel like it could work with what you're doing and still give everyone enough editing time.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I realize this might play havoc with some ways that the forums are used, so please feel free to mention those here so we are at least aware of them.
Well, that’ll throw a massive wrench into sign-in tournaments like the one going on right now, given how those tend to have their original post edited constantly to reflect the actual events of said tournament.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:52 am
I realize this might play havoc with some ways that the forums are used, so please feel free to mention those here so we are at least aware of them.
Well, that’ll throw a massive wrench into sign-in tournaments like the one going on right now, given how those tend to have their original post edited constantly to reflect the actual events of said tournament.
At least with that, you can ask an admin or moderator to edit in the stuff you need edited, especially if they are partaking in or close to the tournament. Otherwise, best to copy and paste in for new posts, and then alter whatever is needed in that moment.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, this sucks.
Giratina93 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:27 am Otherwise, best to copy and paste in for new posts, and then alter whatever is needed in that moment.
I think that's called spam, dude. Not the best solutionfor a nonexistant problem.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think there's better solutions here. Many people including myself, find themselves re-editing posts hours or even days later.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

So we have 30 minutes to edit posts?

Better solutions are needed. But honestly I don't see it changing so *shrug*

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:52 am
Similarly, sign-in fanfics and RPGs are going to be impacted much the same. The same goes for any thread about fan projects where the original post is used to give easily accessible updates (Godzilla Daikaiju Battle Royale video game, Fan Restorations and Fan Cuts, Fanfiction with multiple chapters…)

If possible, it might be a good idea to make original thread posts only exempted from that rule. I can’t think of a lot of problems a time limit would cause otherwise.

Edit: Oh, and polls that are constantly updated for each new movie that’s released comes to mind, like in the MCU thread.
Last edited by Spuro on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:34 pm So we have 30 minutes to edit posts?

It's been a nonstop discussion since Friday morning at 5 am.

We are all constantly working on finding the best solution to balance the problem and also keeping everyone happy.

We are all, quite literally, doing the best we can.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:31 am
goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:34 pm So we have 30 minutes to edit posts?

It's been a nonstop discussion since Friday morning at 5 am.

We are all constantly working on finding the best solution to balance the problem and also keeping everyone happy.

We are all, quite literally, doing the best we can.
Try harder. We are the consumers of this product called TK and we demand resolve. Get off your lazy asses and do something about it. Or do we have to do your job for you.. I'd like to speak to the person in charge.

:lol: :lol:

JK, just wanted to try my Karen impersonation.

Damn,

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Speaking honestly, I understand your concerns everyone and will personally edit ANY post that needs to be edited after the time limit if it means avoiding the shit we've been forced to see

Added in 43 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 pm

JK, just wanted to try my Karen impersonation.
Horrifically accurate, I was getting the nervous eye twitch I get from work Karen's already.

RIP Evan.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I honestly don't envy you guys, shit like this is rough to deal with.

The 30 min. cap sucks, but now that sleeper agents are apparently a thing, you gotta do what you gotta do.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

NSZ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:37 pm I honestly don't envy you guys, poop like this is rough to deal with.

The 30 min. cap sucks, but now that sleeper agents are apparently a thing, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Sleeper agents?

Crap, are we in a James Bond flick.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Well that explains why I couldn't go back and edit a terrible spelling mistake on one of my posts an hour after I posted it...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Yeah because we all just care for people to correct a spelling mistake.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:17 pm Speaking honestly, I understand your concerns everyone and will personally edit ANY post that needs to be edited after the time limit if it means avoiding the poop we've been forced to see
Oh yeah, Maritonic sent out a warning message not long ago. Did Omega come back or something?
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

goji89 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:51 pm Yeah because we all just care for people to correct a spelling mistake.
Maybe you don't, but there are people who care about their grammar/spelling. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but it does bug me a little when I can't fix a dumb typo I made. I'll just annoy Gira to get him to fix it if I notice one 31 minutes after I post.
Gigantis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:08 pm Oh yeah, Maritonic sent out a warning message not long ago. Did Omega come back or something?
He waited until one of his alts had the restrictions lifted.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:08 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:17 pm Speaking honestly, I understand your concerns everyone and will personally edit ANY post that needs to be edited after the time limit if it means avoiding the poop we've been forced to see
Oh yeah, Maritonic sent out a warning message not long ago. Did Omega come back or something?
Just yesterday. He had a dupe account that had been quiet for months and then started editing old posts with The Images, hence this rule.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

And the price we pay for one.

I'm talking to Omega cause now it's annoying me.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:25 pm Just yesterday. He had a dupe account that had been quiet for months and then started editing old posts with The Images, hence this rule.
Honestly, i say try to see any other accounts that have been silent for a while and try to decipher maybe if it's him or not. Delete them after that and.. i dunno, maybe he'll be gone for good? I mean, the thing we have in place now already held him useless for months lol