Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Doc Phibes
Samurai

Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Doc Phibes »

Third time's the charm with the recent batch of Toho's Godzilla themed mobile games. A few bugs still need to be ironed out, but it's mostly been smooth sailing for me. Godzilla Battle Line is a rather addictive online head to head battle game taking place in Tokyo, London, and New York, where you assemble a team of rotating Toho kaiju and defense weaponry and fight a 3 minute battle against another Toho fan in real time. Unlocking various creatures and sci-fi arms from all the Toho films is a lot of fun. A nice touch is a small video clip that accompanies each "team member" page, reminding you of which film/scene they are from. An added bonus is they are cross-promoting with Godzilla Singular Point, adding some of the kaiju and visuals from the series.

Anyone else try it?

https://youtu.be/2nH-XHWhRqA

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by GigaBowserG »

Never noticed how there wasn't a topic here yet, most discussions I've seen have been off site! Very addictive game, though I do wish there was some sort of 1P mode like in Kaiju Collection. Game's got a very nice style to it, and the remixes are pretty great.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Yes! The menu music is generic, but the in-game use of Ifukube is so much fun!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Easily the best mobile game.

Love it to bits, hope it gets updated because this game is BEGGING for a giant kaiju roster.

RIP Evan.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Decided to download it and holy wow it is super fun! Definitely gonna check this game out some more :D

Also, question, I’ve heard that JJ from Singular Point is gonna be an event character thingie. Did the event already pass? Or is it coming? If it’s the latter, I’m excited to get my hands on ‘em!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:26 pm Decided to download it and holy wow it is super fun! Definitely gonna check this game out some more :D

Also, question, I’ve heard that JJ from Singular Point is gonna be an event character thingie. Did the event already pass? Or is it coming? If it’s the latter, I’m excited to get my hands on ‘em!
You're in luck, he hasn't shown up yet :) They are currently in the middle of a Godzilla Terrestris/Godzilla Ultima event, though, but either way you will still be able to obtain him once the event's over, just not as easily.

Just so y'all are aware, the devs are currently attempting to combat cheaters/hackers that are fairly uncommon but annoying nonetheless in the lower levels. They like to spam monsters and missiles using some sort of infinite stamina exploit. Fortunately, you aren't penalized for losing pre-Master level, other than having some of your time wasted.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

It's a fun little Skinner box time waster, but it's pretty badly balanced right now. Because of how the battles work, and because of how long it takes to level the bigger kaiju to the point of viability in combat, the "meta" as it currently stands revolves around spamming out Kamacuras/Destoroyah larvae swarms and using waveclear like missiles or train bombs to get rid of your opponent's swarms. When you get the chance you can sometimes throw in a bigger monster that drops often enough to get sufficiently leveled, like Anguirus. I'm not sure I see a way out of this situation short of rebalancing the swarm monsters, or giving everyone a level 15 King Ghidorah for flying area of effect damage.
In my opinion, of course.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

From the official Twitter account

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 68037?s=20

“[Movie "Godzilla vs. Kong" collaboration 1/2]

Collaboration between "Godzilla Battleline" and the movie "Godzilla vs. Kong", which will be released in Japan on July 2nd (Friday), has been decided.🔥

"The biggest confrontation on earth" is realized even on smartphones! In the first collaboration held on July 1st (Thursday), Kong will participate as a playable monster in the game!”

“[Movie "Godzilla vs. Kong" collaboration 2/2]

Click here for an image of "Kong" that will appear in "Godzilla Battleline" in the first collaboration held from Thursday, July 1st!

It can be obtained by lottery on the "Search Map". A collaboration-only "search map" is also available! "Skull Island" will appear as a battle stage at a specific time for a limited time”

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

So does anyone know what the refueling station actually does? It doesn’t seem to increase energy production, lower unit costs, or anything. Granted, mine is only at level 5, but you think you’d see some effect at some point for a cost 5 unit.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:00 pm From the official Twitter account

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 68037?s=20

I believe this is the first legit Godzilla game (not just a little collab) to feature King Kong. Neat to finally see Kong alongside classic Toho kaiju!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I guess that Godzilla 2021 Will be playable Due to the new skin on the poster

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Downloaded this today, here's my thoughts:

Anguirus is a MUST HAVE. He's a fantastic damage sponge/distraction unit that also has pretty decent offense.

The Air Base is deceptively powerful. At first it may not be very effective, but once you level it up, the amount of helicopter missile spam can chunk even a kaiju like Anguirus's HP. The helicopters are also immune to most ground-based monsters, with the exception of ones like MechaGodzilla who have a ranged attack as their primary.

The MBAWs aren't really anything special, but they're good meat shield units to allow your kaiju or other vehicles to get in and do their thing. Excellent against horde enemies like Destroyah Aggregates and Kamakuas if the missile strike isn't available.

MechaGodzilla is a superior leader to Godzilla from my experience. It's got really good HP and a good base attack. The Plasma Grenade is fantastic for wiping out entire mobs in one shot. The only downside to the Plasma Grenade is that it can only hit things in a straight line, unlike Godzilla's heat ray that sweeps an area.

The Markalite cannon is a really good defensive structure to protect/support your leader if they come under attack. However it's effectiveness goes down the higher level an enemy monster is.

Moguera is a pain in the ass to deal with. It pops up right infront of your leader and shreds their HP with it's eye lasers. The Markalite cannon is a must-have to prevent a surprise Moguera attack.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla Ultima is the best against the leaders. The leaders always uses melees as the main weapon while the long range is lock behind 2 or 3 point and recharges slowly, while Ultima using long range and out of reach of the leaders. if kept alive Ultima will do some major damage to the leaders

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mothra is my fave leader. Her scales give me an opportunity to let my Kamacuras, Anguirus, Godzilla and Minilla just smash their way forward with lil to no damage resistance (though it's tricky to time it right.)

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm addicted, just started today, hit silver about 20 minutes ago.

Is the only way to get Terrestris through the 2000 crystal packs?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 pm I'm addicted, just started today, hit silver about 20 minutes ago.

Is the only way to get Terrestris through the 2000 crystal packs?
Either the 2000 crystal packs (which are a total sham), or those expedition maps. The "legendary" maps are a guaranteed 4-star monster, gotten him at least once from that. If you made an account around the time the event started, you'd get him for free after 10 days of logging in. He'll still be hidden away in the gacha even after the event's over, though, he'll just be harder to pull.
/crawls back under rock

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

New strategies on the horizon, they just announced Kamacuras and Destoroyah Larva are going to be powered down.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It annoys me that there's only ranked, like I'm not trying to sweat while I battle people on a phone app.

Casual and single Campaign would've been much appreciated.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:58 am It annoys me that there's only ranked, like I'm not trying to sweat while I battle people on a phone app.

Agreed completely, I clocked so many hours into Godzilla: Kaiju Collection due to the 1P campaign, which used that annoying stamina system. I feel a main campaign that gets progressively harder would make for a nice "tutorial" of sorts. Maybe one opponent does really well against single-powered unit setups (like Anguirus or Rodan), while another counters mob setups. Would at least incentivize using the multiple teams feature. As of now, I just have 1 team I stick with, I don't feel the need to create any backups.
/crawls back under rock

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:29 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:58 am It annoys me that there's only ranked, like I'm not trying to sweat while I battle people on a phone app.

Agreed completely, I clocked so many hours into Godzilla: Kaiju Collection due to the 1P campaign, which used that annoying stamina system. I feel a main campaign that gets progressively harder would make for a nice "tutorial" of sorts. Maybe one opponent does really well against single-powered unit setups (like Anguirus or Rodan), while another counters mob setups. Would at least incentivize using the multiple teams feature. As of now, I just have 1 team I stick with, I don't feel the need to create any backups.
Totally, it'd feel like a nice little spiritual successor of those NES Godzilla games, albeit completely reworked into an app game lol. Plus secret levels with unlockable monsters would be super cool!

I don't see a point in creating any backups either, but it could be because outside of the base monsters we get, I've only received Minya, the Kamacuras mob, and the train crash weapon.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.