Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Moth »

MechaG '21 coming to the game! Godzilla '21 can be a leader now also!
:D
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

A model for GMK Goji has been seen in Metaverse collab with other Battle Line figures.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Send help. I'm terribly addicted :lol:

I've never been a mobile game types of person, but I've become sucked into the gameplay loop. Always working towards upgrading Angilas and my Kamacuras, discovering new kaiju, raging at Kong getting in my leader's face in 2.5 seconds flat.

The only reason I'm not playing it right now is because it's under maintenance.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:51 pm Send help. I'm terribly addicted :lol:

I've never been a mobile game types of person, but I've become sucked into the gameplay loop. Always working towards upgrading Angilas and my Kamacuras, discovering new kaiju, raging at Kong getting in my leader's face in 2.5 seconds flat.

The only reason I'm not playing it right now is because it's under maintenance.
Probably an All-star battle is the reason for maintenance

I would not recommend leveling Angy up, focus on flying kaiju, as the higher tier decks usually focus on the current Air Meta (A painful amount of Battras and Leos), but if you don't have any high rarity flyers yet, then sure, level angy up.

Last thing, if you think Kong's reach leaders fast, wait until you see Leo, King Caesar, and Kiryu.

Time to discuss MG21, he's alright, definitely better than Hedorah at being a leader (That ability is broken from the looks of it). As a unit, his only thing wrong is not being able to hit flyers, other than that, solid unit, I give him a 7/10 as a unit, 8/10 as a leader.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:54 pmI would not recommend leveling Angy up, focus on flying kaiju, as the higher tier decks usually focus on the current Air Meta (A painful amount of Battras and Leos), but if you don't have any high rarity flyers yet, then sure, level angy up.
I'll defend Anguirus here, as someone who leveled theirs to 40. :Anguirus:

Even with the meta being so flier heavy, Anguirus is a fine unit. He's an absolute tank, the highest HP in the whole game except for Godzilla 1989, Godzilla Earth, Kong, Mechagodzilla 2021 and Zetton. All those mentioned are much more energy expensive. Anguirus being such a cheap tank means he fills a good role of a damage sponge. He can take quite a beating from fliers while attracting their aggro, letting your own fliers attack those targeting him. He's actually quite good as a Leo counter too, since he can tough out the charge and distract Leo for quite a bit.

Only one that really gives Anguirus' role a run for his money is Burning Godzilla as he is very close HP wise, but Anguirus is not just cheaper to summon but being a two star easier to level so he has some end game utility to him. Kamacuras also fills a similar aggro role but better than Anguirus, although personally I run both as I like to play defensive.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

^Fair, he is tanky, but he's kind of slow, and is easily countered by Kamacuras, or anything in the air.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I'll also add to the Anguirus love. He's one of my best units and throwing him and Godzilla 1989 out onto the map together pretty much spells doom for any non-flying units.

In an unrelated thought, now having seen Shin Ultraman, I'm surprised they didn't make Mefilas a Leader. Also, I can appreciate the way Zetton plays much more now.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:00 pm I'll also add to the Anguirus love. He's one of my best units and throwing him and Godzilla 1989 out onto the map together pretty much spells doom for any non-flying units.

In an unrelated thought, now having seen Shin Ultraman, I'm surprised they didn't make Mefilas a Leader. Also, I can appreciate the way Zetton plays much more now.
The energy cost for that is insane, I can't be talking though (I usually finish with a g89, kiryu/kai, and burning or megaguirus barrage), so fair point. This is also why I use energy refueling base

I don't see a reason to add Mefilas to the leaders (I would love to see it, though), they gave him his main abilities as a regular unit, and I couldn't think of a good special for him to use.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I currently run G '89, G '21, Kamacuras, MBAW, Mothra Larva and King Ghidorah and Kiryu. I retired Angilas for the time being but he'll make a comeback soon.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Coobzilla03 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm I currently run G '89, G '21, Kamacuras, MBAW, Mothra Larva and King Ghidorah and Kiryu. I retired Angilas for the time being but he'll make a comeback soon.
MBAW isn't worth your time, I recommend using Energy Base instead.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I haven't gotten that yet; I'm still really new to the game. The MBAWs at this stage do well for me
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Coobzilla03 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:25 pm I haven't gotten that yet; I'm still really new to the game. The MBAWs at this stage do well for me
Always play them against Desghidorah, he'll get stunlocked until backup arrives.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

My progress has nearly stopped completely at level 42/43, seems like I've hit a wall for now.
Resized Image

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Post by Pròiseilvenator »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:56 pm My progress has nearly stopped completely at level 42/43, seems like I've hit a wall for now.
Maybe I can help out some! :) I'm up to rank 50 right now, and still climbing at a solid rate. Though I'm also a premium holding scumbag, lol.

EDIT: I see you already posted your team, sweet!

G 89 is fantastic, provided you can protect him from flyers. I have the most success when I manage to sneak him around the side of a brawl and get hits in on the enemy leader.

I haven't used G '21 as much. Just got him this cycle, but he seems outclassed by MechaG '21 for me. Sure he can hit flyers, but I've just usually had him take too long to kill stuff, and people always hard counter him with grouped enemies.

Which Kamacuras are you using? I have always run the one with 3 units, and it is fantastic at dealing damage, countering kiryu dropped on your leader, and slowing down big landbased hitters. z

I'm assuming you're running the MBAW and not the building? I run this too, and as someone pointed out, they're crucial for shutting down Desghidorah. I wish they helped more with regular King Ghidorah, though.

I haven't used Mothra larva much yet. Mine didn't get leveled, but what role are you using it in? The larval form seemed useless to me, and isn't the imago form a 4 cost to play?

King Ghidorah has been a constant thorn in my side for a while now. Other people at our rank have him upgraded a ton apparently, and mine just can't keep up. What level is yours? If he's a lower level, you may not be getting good use out of him despite the high-cost. If he works though, I'd definitely say keep him. I'd probably rank him as the strongest kaiju in game, based on my experience struggling against him.

Kiryu is so good. Mine got a bit behind, so I stopped using him. But if Kiryu is doing it for you, I see no reason to swap out.

-------------------

Your team seems solid to me, and is similar to my own in that you're running a lot of high cost kaiju, though I think you're running a higher average cost. I run Desghidorah, King, G '89, Anguirus, MBAW, Dorats, and Kamacuras. The first 4 are all really heavy hitters (Anguirus is slept on in this one for sure --- he hits pretty hard and fast, and can take a beating), and

Do you have any idea what's generally causing you to lose when you do? On instinct, I'd say replace G21 with something mid-grade or a counter to whatever is beating you, if you have the pieces available.

Alternatively, I can't imagine mothra actually performing super well. If it's the kind of piece that comes back to your hand after evolving, I'd doubly say swap it out. You're essentially paying 7 energy to have played a 4 cost monster, even with the temporary 3 star board presence. If it's an on-board evolver, ignore this.

I know this turned into a wall of text, but hopefully it helps some! Some of my advice may be trash based on your own experience, but I really enjoy this game and I'm more than happy to try and help and discuss ideas and whatnot!
Last edited by Pròiseilvenator on Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Ah, thanks for the tips and info @Pròiseilvenator!

To answer some of the questions you gave me: Mothra really doesn't have a defined role on my team. I usually throw out the Larva to start a match in the hopes to get Mothra early, if not gauge what long ranged weapons the enemy player has. As a Larva, she pairs nicely with MBAWs or Minilla (who I've been messing around with on a quantity over quality deck, let me know if you want to hear about that) with her stunning webs. As a flier, she's subpar to the likes of Ghidorah. I could probably dump her, honestly.

My Ghidorah is Base level, as is Kiryu. Neither one are as strong as I need them to be.

Godzilla 2021 is a good unit for big monsters. His breath is a potent weapon when focused on an enemy with lots of health, but he is easily counter with something that interrupts/stuns him like MBAWs and MInillas. Also easily countered by swarm monsters like Kamacuras Trio. That's how I deal with enemy '21s, throw Kamacuras at them. Works like a charm. That's the role he fills on my team, but like the others he's losing his edge.

Overall, it seems like my best units are just falling behind, and I'll probably have to get lucky to get that edge back. I'll have to mess around with some of the monsters you run.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

My team consists of Mg21 as leader, then G89, Kamacuras, Megaguirus, Burning, Kiryu, Energy Base, and Chorus, if anyone wants to give any feedback or advice.

Honestly happy with this team, with Energy base I can roll out units fairly quickly, and I have been getting BIG win streaks lately, so that's a good sign, my kaiju are also fairly leveled, so that would also be a factor.

But Coob, if you want to try out a new type of deck, use fair matches, but I would also recommend watching TS Dragun or Sir Melee on Youtube, they can make some solid decks.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

I put G21 in my team, and good lord, having him at lvl 10 because of the season is great for offing leaders, but when he's up against kamacuras or anything that comes in multiples, he's not very good, I give him a 7.5/10.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Kamacuras is such a hard counter it isn't funny - except it is :lol:

I haven't played in a little while but I reckon I'll pick it up tonight. Not much else going on.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Wave 81 just immediately drops three Godzilla Earths on you right at the start hahahahaha up yours, game. :lol: :mad:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:25 am Wave 81 just immediately drops three Godzilla Earths on you right at the start hahahahaha up yours, game. :lol: :mad:
Wave 76 is absolutely hell with the onslaught of helicopters and maser tanks. The 3 Earths actually weren't that hard. Super X plus Biogoji and Mothra Leo makes relatively short work of them.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns