Good Smile Company - Singular Point Nendoroids

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Good Smile Company - Singular Point Nendoroids

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Up for pre-order at Hobby Search. Scheduled for next July. Pero2 comes with the drums!

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10822956

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10822955

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10822953
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

These are great! I love "unorthodox" Godzilla collectibles like this; its rare to see the human characters getting figures, but obviously anime characters have much more "exciting" appearances than most characters we've had in the franchise. Was prepared for many accessories, but still blown away by all the interchangeable parts and tiny pieces these guys have, even things like Mei's hair and their phones. It's a good thing they come with so much to help justify the price point, but I think they're well worth it. They're adorable!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Bumping this thread because I finally got these last week! And I know a few others here have them as well, so I'd love to hear what others think too. But for me, long story short, they lived up to expectations!

They're so much fun to photograph, I broke out my good camera for these guys.

Stray thoughts:

- Super high quality overall. No noticeable paint slop or QC issues at all. Even the ridiculously tiny Jet Jaguar and Pero II decals are perfect.
- Nendoroids are smaller than I thought they were (though this isn't a bad thing). Also very top heavy, they require those stands pretty much all the time.
- Accessories are wonderful, especially Mei's. I adore the super-duper tiny phones, they're ludicrously small. Some of them can even do things, like the laptops opening/closing, or the OD fitting snuggly in the case so you can even close it with the OD inside.
- The various interchangeable limbs and faces are easy - and fun - to swap out, there's so much you can do with them. The only exceptions are Mei's backpack straps (I recommend removing her arms/sleeves) and the way you have to slip Yun's glasses under the mask on his alternate head.
- The magnetic legs on Pero II are a nice touch; I did not even realize they were magnetic until receiving the figure.
- The smallest strand of hair on the left side of Mei's head is incredibly fragile; mine actually popped off of the main hair piece even though it isn't supposed to. It does plug right back in so I hesitate to call it "broken", but I will have to glue it to keep it in place. Be cautious with that one. Pretty much the only real issue I had with any of them.

I absolutely love the hell out of these! They're so cute, so fun! While I think its safe to say we won't be seeing any more Godzilla Nendoroids, I would be all over anything else they made. Imagine figures based on the films; they could do a little diving suit Serizawa, a set of Shobijin, you know? Again, never going to happen, but I love these things way more than I was expecting to, and that's coming from someone who was hyped as hell for them. I wasn't even super in love with Singular Point (though I did enjoy it thoroughly), but I love the character designs so I had to have these. I highly recommend them if you were on the fence.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Might as well throw this here - Shin Ultraman Nendoroid!

Normally this might not have caught my attention, but as you can see above, I really liked the Singular Point figures a lot, so I'll probably get this since I enjoyed Shin Ultraman well enough. Not a lot they can do with face plates for this guy though. :lol:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

As someone who is literally half a step away from sinking into the Nendoroids… Shin Ultraman is very tempting
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shin Ultraman preorder is live.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10976950
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I built the Moderoid Big O (recommended by this board as one that would fit my little Monster City shelf, and it has worked wonderfully!) so I know I will want to have Google Translate up to look at the instructions, it was a huge help, but I have no concerns over the build quality. If anything, the joints required a bit of plastic lube or a hair dryer when they were TOO tight for comfort, the opposite of a lot of models I've made.

I'll be interested in how large they are to fit with my display, though I'm not sure why I'd care since, as this picture shows, I have absolutely no sense of scale. I do hope they would work well with 6-8 inch figures simply because without the monsters to give context, they aren't exactly that interesting in design.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Ooh cool. Will these be stylized/chibi proportioned like their figure lines, or will these be more accurately shaped? Difficult to tell for sure from the one promo photo of each.

Very interested in these as I’ve been moving deeper into model building with my collecting habits and I’ve begun to really enjoy building machines and military vehicles.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:25 pm Ooh cool. Will these be stylized/chibi proportioned like their figure lines, or will these be more accurately shaped? Difficult to tell for sure from the one promo photo of each.

Very interested in these as I’ve been moving deeper into model building with my collecting habits and I’ve begun to really enjoy building machines and military vehicles.
Good Smile's Moderoid line consists of screen accurate sculpts

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Sweet. I wonder what scale they’re in?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Moderoid tends to be a bit all over the place, especially if there isn't a clear scale to begin with. The Big O I have above is about nine inches tall, their Leo De Galon I plan to get later is around eight. They do tend to match up well within series, but since there's no Moderoid Godzilla stuff, I don't know how these will correspond.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

That Big O looks amazing.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I did very little painting, just the silver on the foot parts, the little red circles that appear all over it, and the black at the joints. I also panel-lined the neck cockpit part. Most of it was as-is, not shown here, the missile rack midsection was pre-painted, as was the silver details in the normal midsection shown. I did give the gold parts a quick coat, now that I think of it, simply because they were more yellowish than metallic.

The eyes glow, too! A small battery pack and LED below the neck. Hard to get to, I should have lit them for the picture. Hindsight...but here's one with Music Box Godzilla with and without their lights on, you can see what I mean.

Funny thing is, people criticize it because there's no metal and it's light plastic, but Moderoid is a PLASTIC model kit line. While a few of them are advertised as having some metal content, like in their heavier ones for the joints, it's not Soul of Chogokin. Costs a LOT less and works fine for what I wanted. I should note it does NOT come with the crushed Griffin or Roger and Dorothy, I made those myself. But if the ships fit the scale and you're ok with building it yourself, I'd go for them!
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.