SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by imposterzilla »

I want Moguera, SpaceGodzilla or a reference...maybe SuperG, more Salunga and a few new kaiju

SharkLord
Yojimbo

Post by SharkLord »

Honestly I could see them folding Godzilla's relatives like Biollante, Megaguirus, Orga, and especially SpaceGodzilla into another one of Goji'sforms in Season 2. Mainly SpaceG I'm thinking of; The other aren't without precedent given what they did to Varan and especially Titanosaurus, but it might be a bit of a stretch. Alternatively, those Godzilla bones in Mechagodzilla could end up evolving into someone in the Goji family tree because of some odd frickery that comes with interdimensional quantum kaiju. Or maybe Biollante could evolve from the weird plants the Red Dust produced, assuming Godzilla or some other kaiju still produces them.

Given how Showa-esque they're making Mechagodzilla, I could also see them bringing in King Ceasar. Maybe even bring in Kameobas too, if they're gonna go for a further reference. Actually, Yog could be pretty interesting in this context, being a Singular Point that has invested specifically into the mutation aspects and acting as a sort of monster maker.

Oh yeah, and the Orthogonal Diagonalizer could easily bring in Destoroyah (Or would it be Diagonalizah now? :lol:). Make him all crystal-y or something to fit in with Singular point's OD.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Biollante and a few new G forms would be great. A reference to Super G would be awesome.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Does anyone think that they could not get the rights to certain kaiju, so instead turned them into transformations of Godzilla?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:19 pm ^Does anyone think that they could not get the rights to certain kaiju, so instead turned them into transformations of Godzilla?
No.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:19 pm ^Does anyone think that they could not get the rights to certain kaiju, so instead turned them into transformations of Godzilla?
Might be a possibility but I don’t know If that really happen behind-the-scenes

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:12 pm
No.
Then maybe they just didn’t want to feature those kaiju.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:12 pm
No.
Then maybe they just didn’t want to feature those kaiju.
Or they wanted to put a unique and creative spin on Godzilla’s evolution.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’m dyiiing for news on season 2. I’m thinking, that if the 2024 Toho film is a Godzilla film, that maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll get Godzilla SP season 2 this fall, or early 2023. That would make sense, although I’m starting to get worried. It’s been over a year since the show aired…
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Any Mechagodzilla action would get me hooked. Hope he’s like the Showa version in abilities.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

On one hand I’m also worried the series will be dropped, but on the other hand knowing how long it took to produce the first season eases my concerns a bit. Obviously I don’t think it’ll take as long to make the next one, but it seems like this team likes to be really thorough in its decision making, which I’d take over being rushed any day.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I wouldn't hold my breath for a second season. It's been almost a year since it first aired.

I don't really know what else they could do. The series wrapped up nicely, and Godzilla seems to be out of the picture, so bringing him back would feel redundant. Is it really a Godzilla series if Godzilla himself isn't present? There's Mechagodzilla, sure, but I feel that the post-credits sequence doesn't necessarily indicate a second season was ever planned. Tiny cliffhangers have been done before in this series with Tokyo S.O.S. and (if you'd count it) GMK.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Took Pac Rim the Black a while to announce a second season and a few other shows take a while to announce a new season.look at Attack on Titan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:07 am I don't really know what else they could do. The series wrapped up nicely, and Godzilla seems to be out of the picture, so bringing him back would feel redundant. Is it really a Godzilla series if Godzilla himself isn't present? There's Mechagodzilla, sure, but I feel that the post-credits sequence doesn't necessarily indicate a second season was ever planned. Tiny cliffhangers have been done before in this series with Tokyo S.O.S. and (if you'd count it) GMK.
The cliffhanger in SP isn’t really comparable to any of the other ones you mention. All the cliffhangers in the millennium series were like,”Oh Godzilla is alive and could conceivably come back”. This was like,”Holy shit, here’s a new antagonist”. Additionally, it seemed pretty planned considering Ashihara had no physical on screen dialogue throughout the show and was assumed to be dead. That revelation, and in addition with working with working with the business guy, show that there’s a lot to develop/explain. Likewise, the Godzilla skeleton, another big part of the series, was incorporated into MG, which again would be weird if it wasn’t addressed.

The series feels satisfactory on JJ developing, and stopping Godzillas rampage, but as it has been stated there’s a lot of mystery that is still left open, and it feels intentional.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:47 pm
Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:07 am I don't really know what else they could do. The series wrapped up nicely, and Godzilla seems to be out of the picture, so bringing him back would feel redundant. Is it really a Godzilla series if Godzilla himself isn't present? There's Mechagodzilla, sure, but I feel that the post-credits sequence doesn't necessarily indicate a second season was ever planned. Tiny cliffhangers have been done before in this series with Tokyo S.O.S. and (if you'd count it) GMK.
The cliffhanger in SP isn’t really comparable to any of the other ones you mention. All the cliffhangers in the millennium series were like,”Oh Godzilla is alive and could conceivably come back”. This was like,”Holy poop, here’s a new antagonist”. Additionally, it seemed pretty planned considering Ashihara had no physical on screen dialogue throughout the show and was assumed to be dead. That revelation, and in addition with working with working with the business guy, show that there’s a lot to develop/explain. Likewise, the Godzilla skeleton, another big part of the series, was incorporated into MG, which again would be weird if it wasn’t addressed.

The series feels satisfactory on JJ developing, and stopping Godzillas rampage, but as it has been stated there’s a lot of mystery that is still left open, and it feels intentional.
Remember Otaki was afraid of an alien invasion? That brings it full circle.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

These are all valid points, but my point stands. A great deal of time has passed, and I feel that if a second season were being produced, it would have already been stated by now. Of course, these are only my thoughts and they would be eradicated with a simple confirmation from Netflix/Toho. I simply have no reason to expect one, as there has been zero discussion about production of a second season since it finished up its run some 9 months ago.
imposterzilla wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:08 pm Took Pac Rim the Black a while to announce a second season and a few other shows take a while to announce a new season.look at Attack on Titan.
In regards to Pacific Rim: The Black, a second season was planned ahead and announced not even a week after the debut of its first season. The earliest source I can find talks about the second season being greenlit by Netflix a mere two days after the series hit the platform.

https://screenrant.com/pacific-rim-blac ... y-updates/
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:13 am These are all valid points, but my point stands. A great deal of time has passed, and I feel that if a second season were being produced, it would have already been stated by now. Of course, these are only my thoughts and they would be eradicated with a simple confirmation from Netflix/Toho. I simply have no reason to expect one, as there has been zero discussion about production of a second season since it finished up its run some 9 months ago.
imposterzilla wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:08 pm Took Pac Rim the Black a while to announce a second season and a few other shows take a while to announce a new season.look at Attack on Titan.
In regards to Pacific Rim: The Black, a second season was planned ahead and announced not even a week after the debut of its first season. The earliest source I can find talks about the second season being greenlit by Netflix a mere two days after the series hit the platform.

https://screenrant.com/pacific-rim-blac ... y-updates/
Eh but it's taken it a while. Alot of new seasons of anime seem now to take more than a year.

splitz
Ronin

Post by splitz »

Im Would Accept if Godzilla S.P Dont Have a Season 2 But if There is a Season 2 They Should Make A Complex Excuse For Godzilla Return Im Suggest That Mechagodzilla Manipulates Red Dust And Archetype For Godzilla Return Be Possible So In my Opinion Mechagodzilla Go Need Rebel Against Ashihara Or Ashihara Wants Godzilla Be Back For Some Reason

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Plus if this untitled kaiju flick is a Godzilla movie they're likely focusing on that right now over SP.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I think SP took a few years to write and get together. It was in production since like, 2017?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.