SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by Jermobooka »

I wonder if, for a Season 2, the either bring back Jet Jaguar or make a new robot like Moguera. Either would be fine by me!

Also, I hope the show runners have heard the criticisms and fix up some of the problems of Season 1. The introduction of Robogodzilla seems to indicate that they’ll go less on the, admittedly, confusing science and more on the monsters.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

The showa monsters that we didnt get in season 1, more Salunga & Godzilla, and cool fights with MechaGodzilla

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

With the Salunga and new a JJ figure announced for the MMS line in June 2022, anyone want to take a wild bet and join me in thinking we're close to a Season 2 announcement?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I would hope it kinda feels weird to not have any confirmed or announced Godzilla content after all these years of being spoiled.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I feel like season 2 gonna get announced on November 3rd. If not we may be waiting a bit for new Godzilla content. We’ve indeed been spoiled but I need more lol
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:48 am With the Salunga and new a JJ figure announced for the MMS line in June 2022, anyone want to take a wild bet and join me in thinking we're close to a Season 2 announcement?
Where did you hear that?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:40 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:48 am With the Salunga and new a JJ figure announced for the MMS line in June 2022, anyone want to take a wild bet and join me in thinking we're close to a Season 2 announcement?
Where did you hear that?
There was a recent toy leak (that just proved to be legitimate) that featured JJ and Salunga.

But yeah, I’d say we are close to an announcement. I sort of don’t think they’ll show a trailer or something, but I think it’s likely we’ll get a confirmation that season 2 is in development or something either tomorrow or within a few days.

Edit: According to this tweet, there will be a "special talk" regarding Godzilla SP tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... %2F2021%2F

Again, don't expect a trailer, but expect some sort of news or confirmation on something.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Really hopefully we get season 2. Salunga has to have a bigger role.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I think that SP timeframe at Godzillafes has come and gone. Don’t think anything season 2 related came from it… so I’m not sure
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cookson wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:53 pm I think that SP timeframe at Godzillafes has come and gone. Don’t think anything season 2 related came from it… so I’m not sure
The directors and producers just gave a nice Q&A about the series in full and discussing everything, kind of like a post spoilers talk. They didn’t confirm or deny everything and I guess now we’ll just have to wait in the coming weeks for something. The whole mood behind this GFes was celebrating Hedorah and the upcoming short, as well as selling merch, so it might make sense to do something like that separately. Shame though, I just need to say “SEASON 2 IS HAPPENING”, otherwise I’ll be perpetually worried.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Yeah I understand that. We shall see. We’ve been spoiled so much it’s actually weird not knowing what the next movie or show will be.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I heard people say season 2 was confirmed during the stream? So, I dunno what actually happened.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Can someone else confirm or deny that?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^I can deny anything explicitly being said. They didn't announce things and kept things vague, like "keep watching the series", in reference to watching it on Netflix I think. Could be wrong, but there certainly wasn't any news. I'm looking over the Japanese chat replay and a lot of people were like "I want season 2" or "I'm waiting for season 2", which may have been misunderstood by others to be some sort of confirmation.

I wouldn't give up hope though.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Oh I'm almost certain season 2 is coming. They just aren't ready to officially announce it yet.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:54 pm Oh I'm almost certain season 2 is coming. They just aren't ready to officially announce it yet.
I'm concerned only because I'm not sure how much final say Netflix has over this. They could say "eehhh it didn't do the numbers we hoped" so they might pull out of the project. I doubt that though. I feel that similar to the anime trilogy, they probably ordered 2 seasons, but only announced one. Keep in mind it only released in June in English Netflix, so it might be a while before announcing season 2. Given that figures of JJ and Sarunga are on the way, they might also feel we are currently in "season 1" hype season still.

Also, Pacific Rim the Black, while alright, also got renewed. I'd be surprised if a bigger IP like Godzilla didn't.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:27 pm I'm concerned only because I'm not sure how much final say Netflix has over this. They could say "eehhh it didn't do the numbers we hoped" so they might pull out of the project. I doubt that though. I feel that similar to the anime trilogy, they probably ordered 2 seasons, but only announced one. Keep in mind it only released in June in English Netflix, so it might be a while before announcing season 2. Given that figures of JJ and Sarunga are on the way, they might also feel we are currently in "season 1" hype season still.
I'm more worried about the studios Bones and Orange who brought this series to life. Bones is juggling I don't even know how many shows these days, on top of making animated movies here and there. Wouldn't be quite the same without these two joining forces again for a 2nd season.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:57 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:27 pm I'm concerned only because I'm not sure how much final say Netflix has over this. They could say "eehhh it didn't do the numbers we hoped" so they might pull out of the project. I doubt that though. I feel that similar to the anime trilogy, they probably ordered 2 seasons, but only announced one. Keep in mind it only released in June in English Netflix, so it might be a while before announcing season 2. Given that figures of JJ and Sarunga are on the way, they might also feel we are currently in "season 1" hype season still.
I'm more worried about the studios Bones and Orange who brought this series to life. Bones is juggling I don't even know how many shows these days, on top of making animated movies here and there. Wouldn't be quite the same without these two joining forces again for a 2nd season.
According to Wikipedia, Bones is divided up into four different smaller studios. The A team worked on SP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bones_(studio)

While overall busy, I still think when you take that into consideration it doesn't seem as bad. That being said, yeah this is still a massive coordination. A lack of an announcement might just be that they don't want to announce anything until it's complete/close to completion. Hmmm.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Tbh, I feel like SP is probably the only time in the franchise, introduce some Lovecraftian monster, feels like the perfect time imo.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I wonder: Is MechaGodzilla the same height as Godzilla in his final form, or is he around 45 meters just like Godzilla’s penultimate form?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image