SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Do we even know Ultima's official stats yet?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

When Godzilla comes back, will he just come back in his Ultima form, or do you think he'll start all the way over as Aquatilis again? Even though it's probably unlikely, part of me hopes for the latter just to see a little more of what Godzilla's earlier forms are truly capable of.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:17 pm Do we even know Ultima's official stats yet?
He’s the shortest Godzilla at 45 metres, I believe.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:17 pm Do we even know Ultima's official stats yet?
He’s the shortest Godzilla at 45 metres, I believe.
I'm pretty sure it's 50, but I may be wrong. However, after that he's clearly waaaaay bigger. The official stats then give him a ??? and based on interpretations of dialogue he may be upwards of 100M.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

He's at least 100 meters when he fights Jet Jaguar.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaijuboi
Yojimbo

Post by Kaijuboi »

Here are my hopes for season 2:
-See the adult anguirus in full (the one in season 1 was said to probably be a juvenile or a baby)
-(possibly) godzilla vs robogodzilla
-Robogodzilla going berserk
-more original and old kaiju return
- evolutions of some kaiju (like with the large black rodan)
-less math stuff
-mothra (possibly a larger form)
- return of jet?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Totally not going to happen, but now that Jet Jaguar has saved the universe, I want an in universe pop group to write him a thank you song, Punch, Punch, Punch!

Edit: Obviously the lyrics would have to be changed or abridged slightly
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Honestly, given we have MechaGodzilla, I wouldn't mind seeing the Black Hole Aliens entering the mix. If done right, it could be pretty cool.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think we'd get the Black Hole aliens anyway. I think a mixture of them and the Futurians would be fun.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Mysterian look-alikes in the final shot are upset that no one isn't more excited by their inclusion. :(
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:09 am The Mysterian look-alikes in the final shot are upset that no one isn't more excited by their inclusion. :(
I am! Really hoping they are the real deal and not just easter egg uniforms.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know this may not be the preferred route for most of you, but I really hope this show embraces the whole multiverse angle of this franchise. I don't consider it an innately bad idea as long as this series lays the groundwork for it in advance while simultaneously establishing its own identity. If done right, it just win me over.

Would it really be the end of the world if Godzilla had its own equivalent of Into the Spider-verse or No Way Home? I know Toho has been making a ton of bold and risky moves with the character lately, so would the multiverse angle really shouldn't be that far-fetched. I say it's all a matter of execution.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Is a second season even happening? Usually doesn’t take this long to announce a new season. Any idea how successful it was for Netflix?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Cookson wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:30 am Is a second season even happening? Usually doesn’t take this long to announce a new season. Any idea how successful it was for Netflix?
Technically it really depends on the series. But SP is successful it was one of the watched contents in Netflix Japan during it’s run. So I wouldn’t rule out season 2 happening. If anything it’s possible it’s not ready to be announce yet.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

It was in production for quite a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second season independent of Netflix if need be. Wouldn't be surprised if we heard something about it at this year's GodzillaFes.

I would get a kick out of some more high tech weaponry in S2, masers and the like. I'd also prefer JJ doesn't actually return this time, maybe just in a small cameo to deliver some deus ex machina revelation and to tease a bigger role in S3.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:12 pm When Godzilla comes back, will he just come back in his Ultima form, or do you think he'll start all the way over as Aquatilis again? Even though it's probably unlikely, part of me hopes for the latter just to see a little more of what Godzilla's earlier forms are truly capable of.
I bet it will be a new SpaceGodzilla inspired form. "Godzilla Crystallis" or something like that.

I feel that we'll get the second season in 2024. Maybe it will be Toho's thing to celebrate the 70th anniversary.
Last edited by Eel221 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

They're constantly dropping new Singular Point merch so I'd say that bodes pretty well for at least a second season. There's tons of stuff dropping this year. The Hyper Solid set, the Nendoroids, MonsterArts Rodan and Jet Jaguar, two new Bandai figures, the Playmates Terrestris, the DeForeal Ultima and very likely a 24 or 30cm sometime soon.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Eel221 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:14 am Maybe it will be Toho's thing to celebrate the 70th anniversary.
Doubt it, since that'd be a lackluster 70th anniversary. In 2014 we had the great return of Godzilla to the West, in 2004 we had a bombastic celebration of the Godzilla series, in 1994... in 1984 Godzilla finally returned after a 9 year hiatus, etc etc.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuboi
Yojimbo

Post by Kaijuboi »

Heard a theory from a server i'm in that the old lady that runs shiva is perhaps an alien. Mainly due to her having plans with the bones and the way her eyes are. Hope this is true so we could get more alien like elements in the show.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

All I want is more actual Godzilla content. He had like a minute, minute and a half screen time the whole series. And what screen time he had was often obscured by the red mist. It was just a real letdown. Next time I want them to deliver on the Godzilla part of being a Godzilla series. Even the pretty awful trilogy delivered more and better Godzilla.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.