Spiral Studios

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Spiral Studios

Post by Shenanigans »

A Mothra Larva has been unveiled. Its nice to see this design getting a big, detailed statue.

As well as some teasers for the next ones...

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... ion-reveal

I'm sure these will all be expensive as sin, but I'm a slut for anything Behemoth and may have to consider it... But regardless, its absolutely lovely to see them giving the overlooked Monsterverse characters some love.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah something Legendary isn't even willing to do.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I like how our only options for Behemoth is either a cheap mini figure or a statue that’ll likely be over $500.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 pm I like how our only options for Behemoth is either a cheap mini figure or a statue that’ll likely be over $500.
And the statue is the cheaper of the two.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Mothra Larva Vinyl (Benevolent and Defensive versions) go up for preorder today: https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 6297079809

$370 and $400 respectively.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Fermix wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:12 am Mothra Larva Vinyl (Benevolent and Defensive versions) go up for preorder today: https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 6297079809

$370 and $400 respectively.

I don't know why I let myself hope these might just be closer to X-Plus price range. Especially given Spiral's past pricing. Guess I'll be sticking to Playmates' micro Behemoth after all.

BTW, these statues were teased too, apparently, per Toho Kingdom's Twitter. Makes these prices sting that much more.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

There is still the YMSF behemoth if you want a decent sized figure that isnt ridiculously expensive, but its harder to find these days.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:28 am There is still the YMSF behemoth if you want a decent sized figure that isnt ridiculously expensive, but its harder to find these days.
Wasn't a big fan of the face, looked off to me. Hesitant to spend that kind of money on something I'm not totally in love with.

Hopefully there will be more Behemoth figures down the road. Regardless, I'm still going to be keeping an eye on Spiral's line here; while I will never own any, they're certainly gorgeous to look at.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Queen MUTO looks like the next one, gotta say I'm surprised but it looks really good.
https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... -pics-info
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Surprised this wasn't posted yet, but they teased a statue of Amhuluk - a comic exclusive character. I think this is the first original comic kaiju to receive a figure, ever (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd be more excited for this if the figures in this line were smaller and more affordable. I also don't care for any of the Monsterverse comic kaiju if I'm being honest (they all feel very "overdesigned" to me), but its still neat that at least this one is getting a figure.

I also like being able to see little details I never noticed before, like all the scars all over Queen MUTO.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’m a big fan of the MUTO so this was an easy preorder for me. I may sell it someday if they do the 2014 versions but I’ll figure that out if/when that day comes.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

He's here.

My boy.

https://twitter.com/studio_spiral/statu ... Lpp-opAAAA

If he was a little smaller and topped out at $300, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. But I can't do these prices, so I weep at never being able to own my boy. At least its nice to look at these pics.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Let's hope spiral realizes the majority of those interested in these pieces don't have spare kidneys to sell. Wouldn't be that difficult to go the hollow vinyl/resin route for a line of maybe 9-10 inch statues.

I know they're here to fill the high-end niche for the "I have a zoo sized space for this entire line" collectors, but it doesn't mean I can't dream lol.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm just shocked there's a big enough fanbase for the minor titans to justify a $300 price tag.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I would freaking love it if they did Doug

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:21 pm I would freaking love it if they did Doug
What the heck is Doug?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:28 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:21 pm I would freaking love it if they did Doug
What the heck is Doug?
This is Doug
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Spiral has teased acquiring the Jurassic Park license.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 pm Spiral has teased acquiring the Jurassic Park license.
God please let there be a Indoraptor spiral studio statue. I beg you

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer