Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by Poe Ghostal »

These look REALLY nice. I wish they were more articulated, but all the accessories are amazing. I preordered both sets.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-d ... 68-round-1

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-xl-d ... 68-round-2

Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Re: Mezco 5 Points Godzilla Line

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I'm in love. And just when I thought I would only be collecting X-Plus from here on...

Do we know the scale?
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Damn, this is nice. I can see them doing sets for Godzilla Final Wars also.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 am I'm in love. And just when I thought I would only be collecting X-Plus from here on...

Do we know the scale?
4.5 inches. They'd be perfect if they were 6 inches.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I'm more than happy to reserve 6" for SHMA. These will look beautiful all together on the shelf...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!

IF SUPER 7 LOOKS HALF THIS GOOD WE'RE IN HEVEAN BOYS.

fuck, I'm so happy. I don't even mind the scale because it'll probably be the smaller guys (Minilla, Anguirus, Mothra Larva) in my big display and THEY LOOK SO GOOD I DONT CARE

Added in 40 seconds:
FUCKING COLLECTOR ORIENTED MINILLA FIGURE AND A JET JAGUAR HEADLINING ANIME.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE, FUCKERS.

RIP Evan.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:48 am I'm more than happy to reserve 6" for SHMA. These will look beautiful all together on the shelf...
I primarily collect Bandai vinyls so part of me does wish these were in scale with those. I'm getting them anyway probably lol.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

So I'm already wondering, are there any good building-type sets out there, maybe for Gundams, that would work for the 4.5" scale here? I guess maybe even those Tamashii Buildings might work if you squint.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Dang, this is unexpected but also really neat. It feels rather overwhelming just how much awesome stuff is coming out lately!

I wonder if they’re planning a “Round 3” with Kumonga, Manda, Varan, and... I dunno. A Fire Dragon or SY-3 or something?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Holy SHIT these looks fucking phenomenal. Goddamn. I don't even care about the rather awkward scale and high asking price, these are bloody gorgeous. And those accessories, too! What amazing sets!

These remind of that Far East Monsters diorama line that we never got, which is of course simply due to the focus on Destroy All Monsters.

Absolutely over the moon about these!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 am FUCKING COLLECTOR ORIENTED MINILLA FIGURE AND A JET JAGUAR HEADLINING ANIME.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE, FUCKERS.
Don't forget Godzilla and Kong going head-to-head again! It truly is a wonderful time to be a fan! :D

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

While not my preferred size, that's actually a REALLY good deal for what you get. If you got both sets, all you have to do is add a random Mothra (and there are a lot of cheap options) and you have a Monster Island cast set that would cost a lot more to assemble any other way. I'm seriously considering them just for an unused shelf in the office. I especially like how close they are to the suits (I liked the rubber-suit monsters best of all).

Edit: yeah, the cost seems iffy but that's $20 per figure and there are many MANY Godzilla toys smaller, with less detail, that cost a LOT more. One thought, a Part 3 four-pack could be Mothra adult, Kong, MechaniKong, and Mecha-Ghidorah! Yes, I know I'm dreaming.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Eh kinda disappointed they're so small. Still cool though. A DAM set I gather?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Woah, these are great!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Awesome sculpts and great selection of characters, plus accessories!

However...

The fact they're being released in sets instead of individually and at $80 a pop for a set of four at 4.5 inches with little more than vinyl-tier articulation...I'm gonna have to pass on these. If I could just grab like Godzilla, Anguirus, Gorosaurus and Baragon for like $10 each, I'd be all in. But it seems to be too expensive for too little. If I'm gonna pay those prices, I'd much rather wait to see what Super7 has in store.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

^^^^agree.^^^^

I like these a lot but just can't justify dropping the 85 a pop, knowing what a completionist I am as a collector, for some 4.5 inch figs. They are awesome, and I'd really like the Rodan, Goro and Minya, but I got enough shit in my house that I can't bring myself to feel justified dropping 170 +tax, shipping, etc. If they were 6 or even 8 inch scale, I might be easier to convince.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Never PO'ed something so fast. Minya, Baragon, Ghidorah.. it's too good to be true! Very excited for this line's future. $80 a pop is a bit expensive but think about what we're getting here. Proper Showa characters, with modern sculpting, modern paint detailing, same scale, etc..
:gigan:

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Pre ordered the moment I saw them, tiny and get so nice. 8 figures with that detail at such price? I dont care they being 4.5 they are mine! It just means they will be easier to fit in my desk.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t think they’re overpriced. It’s $20 per figure. They may be smallish, but they’re clearly very high quality and come with all kinds of accessories and swappable parts. The price seems perfectly fair if you ask me.

What’s holding me back from pre ordering for now is the fact there are SO many things coming out, and I’m already running out of of display space. I’ve still got SHMA Kong, G’21, and G’89 on preorder. And then there’s the question of what will Super 7’s offerings be like?

I dunno. I think these look really neat. And having a complete lineup of the DAM cast in a scale that can actually fit on a shelf together is very appealing. But I’m just not ready to pull the trigger yet... will have to sleep on it.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Holy mackerel! Out of nowhere.

So many companies are putting out primo Godzilla merch, can't keep track of it all.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:21 am Dang, this is unexpected but also really neat. It feels rather overwhelming just how much awesome stuff is coming out lately!

I wonder if they’re planning a “Round 3” with Kumonga, Manda, Varan, and... I dunno. A Fire Dragon or SY-3 or something?
Would be nice. I'm actually a little surprised they didn't finish off the movie since they're so close; hell, Varan probably could've been an accessory for Gorosaurus since he's so small. But part of me is wondering if they'd even bother with a set like that comprised of no-names... Then again, they must know they're going for a niche crowd here.
canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 pm I don’t think they’re overpriced. It’s $20 per figure. They may be smallish, but they’re clearly very high quality and come with all kinds of accessories and swappable parts. The price seems perfectly fair if you ask me.
Agreed. While I wish they were bigger like everyone else, they're way more detailed/painted than most vinyls, plus as you said all the accessories.

I mean, just look at this; if the final products look even half as good as this, I think its worth it.