Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by king_ghidorah »

Well there is plenty of science supporting low levels of radiation are actually responsible for evolution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evoluti ... 0disparity.

So there is some basis in reality for the MV’s philosophy on radiation….

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:31 am Well there is plenty of science supporting low levels of radiation are actually responsible for evolution.

wiki/Evolutionary_radiation#:~:text=An%20evolutionary%20radiation%20is%20an,an%20increase%20in%20morphological%20disparity.

So there is some basis in reality for the MV’s philosophy on radiation….
I don’t think that’s the kind of radiation that the article is talking about. Radiation in the MV sense refers to the emission of high-energy particles but the article seems to refer to the act of radiating from a central point.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:23 am
king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:06 am I think radiation is something akin to the force in the MV. Or maybe another way of thinking about it is to think of it as the way radiation was depicted in the 1950s in film.

Either way, in the MV there is both the negative radiation that we know and some sort of beneficial by-product that the the titans respirate after consuming the negative nuclear energy.

O2 vs CO2 sort of thing.
While I get it as an easy to use Sci-fi tool to explain things, it's one thing that's always irked me about the MV, especially in KOTM. I've stated this numerous times, so without beating a dead horse, it's one thing I was really happy to see in Godzilla vs. Kong; it was clear they knew that having radiation as a magical and helpful thing, from a franchise originally critical of nuclear proliferation was a bad thing. I hope they don't bring it back up again, or at least keep it at a minimum.
Absolutely fair take.

I didn’t mind it as much, since I liked the idea of nature being able to adapt (or re-adapt, as the case was) to radiation and its effects. The way I saw it, there was a recurring motif of “nature has an order and has to restore balance” that was then exemplified by Godzilla and the other Titans feeding upon radiation, thereby “restoring balance.” However, I do see why it would be… problematic, compared to the origins of the character as a whole.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:23 am
king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:06 am I think radiation is something akin to the force in the MV. Or maybe another way of thinking about it is to think of it as the way radiation was depicted in the 1950s in film.

Either way, in the MV there is both the negative radiation that we know and some sort of beneficial by-product that the the titans respirate after consuming the negative nuclear energy.

O2 vs CO2 sort of thing.
While I get it as an easy to use Sci-fi tool to explain things, it's one thing that's always irked me about the MV, especially in KOTM. I've stated this numerous times, so without beating a dead horse, it's one thing I was really happy to see in Godzilla vs. Kong; it was clear they knew that having radiation as a magical and helpful thing, from a franchise originally critical of nuclear proliferation was a bad thing. I hope they don't bring it back up again, or at least keep it at a minimum.
They brought it up in Godzilla vs Kong with the HE energy. This time somone bad used said energy source but somone good could always find a use for it.

Should they ever get the rights to Gamera or maybe with out him I can see them changing the Titans to running on Mana which is healthy and nuclear radiation is converted inside Titan's bodies.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:11 pm Should they ever get the rights to Gamera...
They won't.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:24 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:11 pm Should they ever get the rights to Gamera...
They won't.
We should never say never no matter how unlikely something is. People on this very board said Godzilla vs Kong was never happening again in 2014 and for sure not in the Godzilla 2014 world.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:18 pm
They won't.
We should never say never no matter how unlikely something is. People on this very board said Godzilla vs Kong was never happening again in 2014 and for sure not in the Godzilla 2014 world.
That's a completely different situation for very obvious reasons.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:48 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:18 pm

They won't.
That's a completely different situation for very obvious reasons.
It's not different, until the MV ends even if it's a less than 1% chance it's still not a 0% chance because we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but we do know Legendary has at least joked about wanting Gamera in the MV.

I'm not saying it's going to happen or it's even likely to happen. I've just seen enough in this world that nothing is an absolute no to me when it comes to film.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I watched this movie for the second (?) time just a few days ago, and lemme tell you, I was a full blown Team-Kong guy. I found myself rooting for Kong a lot more now than ever before. I gotta be honest, it was a weird feeling. I really felt like Godzilla was being a dick. And a villain of course, but still :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

KONG is definitely the uderdog and I felt bad for him lol

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Agreed. Someone asked me how I felt leaving the theater after watching it the first time and I remember saying that I had a good time, and that I was very surprised by how Team Kong I was. Godzilla was a big d*ck in the film. Bordering on out of character. Mileage with that may vary. I’ve gone back to thinking that it’s ok in keeping with his previous depiction in these films but I did think initially that it felt like a totally different version of Godzilla.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Despite the atrocious writing of GvK; I was, am, and will always be Team Godzilla. You will never get me to be some traitorous hoe and backstab my love of Godzilla to root for some absolute dumbass overgrown monkey.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla is still in character. The only difference is this time he is fucking with another good monster. Godzilla wipes out anything that interferes with what he detrimes ruins his balance.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Moogabunga wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:45 pm Despite the atrocious writing of GvK; I was, am, and will always be Team Godzilla. You will never get me to be some traitorous hoe and backstab my love of Godzilla to root for some absolute dumbass overgrown monkey.

Holy crap we get it. Godzilla vs Kong is terrible and Kong is the worst thing ever. We've heard you the first dozen times. Please stop.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:00 am
Moogabunga wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:45 pm Despite the atrocious writing of GvK; I was, am, and will always be Team Godzilla. You will never get me to be some traitorous hoe and backstab my love of Godzilla to root for some absolute dumbass overgrown monkey.

Holy crap we get it. Godzilla vs Kong is terrible and Kong is the worst thing ever. We've heard you the first dozen times. Please stop.
Legion come on man, laugh a little. You gotta admit, his hatred of Kong is fuckin hilarious :lol: :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Legion come on man, laugh a little. You gotta admit, his hatred of Kong is fuckin hilarious :lol: :lol:
It really is, I'm a Godzilla fan (obviously), but seeing someone rage this much about a giant hairy ape that scratched his ass in the beginning is just hilarious.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

it feels a bit infantile when people go : dont care about plot, story and all of that and just go thing i like best ever thing i dont like wack (both are fictional and this makes no sense).

but yeah I felt bad for kong a lot on that movie lol

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:03 pm
Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:15 pm

It really is, I'm a Godzilla fan (obviously), but seeing someone rage this much about a giant hairy ape that scratched his ass in the beginning is just hilarious.
Yeah, no. I dont find it hilarious in the slightest. There's a lot of stuff we tend to talk about when it comes to cringey Godzilla fandom behavior. But this kind of thing is the absolute worst. The defensiveness from "Team Godzilla" over the years just comes off as juvenile and it often manifests itself as immature ranting about Kong. The months leading up to Godzilla vs Kong were embarrassing. It doesn't matter how old or young you are. Can we all just grow up a little bit.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Absolutely not. It has become readily apparent that there is a conspiracy of infiltration into Godzilla forums of people who want to suck Kong's dong. People who know Kong has no popular forums or subreddits and thus must leech of Godzilla's and slowly but surely try to turn people against him. Well....NOT ON MY WATCH. It is a responsibility and duty of myself and likeminded individuals to preserve our great love of Godzilla and to make sure that the evil Kong dong suckers are never victorious. And with GOD on our side as he has graciously given his name as part of Godzilla's...I believe in my strongest of hearts that we will! Always remember, the suckers of Kong's dong are always wrong!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Moogabunga wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:07 am
Absolutely not. It has become readily apparent that there is a conspiracy of infiltration into Godzilla forums of people who want to suck Kong's dong. People who know Kong has no popular forums or subreddits and thus must leech of Godzilla's and slowly but surely try to turn people against him. Well....NOT ON MY WATCH. It is a responsibility and duty of myself and likeminded individuals to preserve our great love of Godzilla and to make sure that the evil Kong dong suckers are never victorious. And with GOD on our side as he has graciously given his name as part of Godzilla's...I believe in my strongest of hearts that we will! Always remember, the suckers of Kong's dong are always wrong!

Dude, no one wants to, I'm not even going to say that, that is just vulgar.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.