What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2021 edition

Post by Executive Hamster »

Thank you my guy!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its doing that thing where it wont let me edit my last post, dont know why, but I may have just snagged the second of my three holy grails, that being the Great Monster Series Godzilla 1964. That leaves the Bandai super premium godzilla.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

It did the same thing to me in the Creative Pictures thread, there seems to be a glitch, it's not just you.

I did wonder if there ever was a Monsterarts Megalon? It seems like it would be a great one, as it already has the joint-areas laid out due to being bug-like. If so he'd be on my list, if not, I hope to see that in MonsterArts and Super7 Ultimates form, so I can compare them.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I suppose that someone should retitle this thread to 2022 huh.
Anyway, my taxes are filed, and I will be getting quite a hefty refund, so I think I'm going to treat myself to the last of my holy grails, a figure I had otherwise given up on getting, the Bandai Super Premium Godzilla.

Kumonga68
Young Farmer

Post by Kumonga68 »

@Executive Hamster Hi. Feel free to contact me regarding the Bandai Super Premium. I'm unable to send you a private message.

Kong6221 at yahoo dot com
Last edited by Kumonga68 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm X-Plus 30 CM Godzilla '62, '68 or '74.
Marmit Anguirus '04
SHMA Mecha-King Ghidorah
A year later and I still don't have any of these. -_-

Adding:

Evolution Toys Zone Fighter
Death Trigger SoC Gigan
SHFA Golza
SHFA Sevenger
Revoltech Gotengo
Gigabrain Gigan - REALLY picky on a color scheme I like that isn't just Showa based.
Gigabrain Jet Jaguar - Same as Gigan.

These are the only things I can really think of targeting this year that I don't have preorders for. I'm really narrowing down what figures I want that I never got on their initial release.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00 pm ...and I want to try and reach some goals by then, get some of my grails. I already just got Yamato No Orochi, so I can cross that one off, but after that I have three targets:
I can now officially say that I have gotten all of my holy grails. Today I bought the Bandai Super Premium Godzilla on eBay. Wow. Who would've thought.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My only real holy grail left doesn't exist yet unfortunately.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

What might that be? For me, I really really really want a large scale Bandai Godzilla Ultima figure to exist, but one can only dream :'(

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:28 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00 pm ...and I want to try and reach some goals by then, get some of my grails. I already just got Yamato No Orochi, so I can cross that one off, but after that I have three targets:
I can now officially say that I have gotten all of my holy grails. Today I bought the Bandai Super Premium Godzilla on eBay. Wow. Who would've thought.
Nice pickup!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:01 am What might that be? For me, I really really really want a large scale Bandai Godzilla Ultima figure to exist, but one can only dream :'(
An Xplus Gigantic Godzilla 84. Suit or even Cybot.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:43 am My only real holy grail left doesn't exist yet unfortunately.
Likewise here. Others have been on my list for so long that I've lost interest in ever acquiring them.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SH MonsterArts Destoroyah (Original)
SH MonsterArts SpaceGodzilla (Original)
SH MonsterArts Mechagodzilla 2 + The Garuda

I want some Heisei Badboys, and I’m getting back in the spirit of SHMA. If I cant pick these guys up I’ll probably go for the special colours, and if not them, probably one of the many Godzillas.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I was looking for ages for a thread about sofubi toys in general. I know very little about them outside of brand names like Marmit or CCP or Gigabrain. All I do know is that for a long time I thought they looked stupid and now I want to inject them in my veins. This thing? This thing right here? I need this thing:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:08 pm I was looking for ages for a thread about sofubi toys in general. I know very little about them outside of brand names like Marmit or CCP or Gigabrain. All I do know is that for a long time I thought they looked stupid and now I want to inject them in my veins. This thing? This thing right here? I need this thing:
That's the Marmit Monster Heaven G03, specifically a "World Character Con" show exclusive.

http://www.clubtokyo.org/site/showChara ... tryId=1159

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im now all in on collecting sofubi (that is the correct word for stylized vinyl figures, right? Thats how Ive seen it used but definitions Ive read seem to differ on it). And I think my next grail is to get an M1 Biollante and G89. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how the M1 Biollante sculpt looks. Its just perfect. And the M1 G89 is probably my favorite stylized Biogoji sculpt. So those two are my next grails, specifically the GID set I saw that looked rad.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Sofubi just means soft vinyl. It can be used to describe designer vinyls like Marmit or Gigabrain. But it can just as correctly be applied to Bandai MMS toys or even vintage bullmark figures.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Interesting. So I guess Id just call it stylized vinyl.
In any case, I just found out this existed, so it is now my #1 priority
And this is the other set I want

Im a huge Biollante fan and never got to really do much with her in my main collection shelf, so these two are my number one priority.