Who was your favorite character to play?(Pipeworks Trilogy)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gheeeeedra!
Ronin

Who was your favorite character to play?(Pipeworks Trilogy)

Post by Gheeeeedra! »

Hey everyone, new poster here. I looked back and couldn't find a thread for this so I thought I'd make one! Out of DAMM, STE, and GU, do you have a monster that's just your favorite to play as - or was growing up? Was it just your fav or did the playstyle/moveset matter to you at all? Between the three games does one stand out?

For DAMM, I remember how cool it was seeing Mechagodzilla unveiled as the final boss, and it being a weird hybrid of MG's 1 & 2 was fascinating to child me, it kind of made it feel like it's own monster. And it felt so good back then to sit back and spam with his flashy moves. But I remember I hated his redesign in STG, but quickly fell in love with Spacegodzilla. That was for sure my STE main. Spacegodzilla being inherently cool notwithstanding, setting up your crystals and forcing people to play your game. I remember his fast float mechanic also feeling broken, spamming earthquake attacks. They finally put my favorite boy MG1974 in GU, I was so excited when I saw him get announced for the game on TK. Wii controls def made that my least favorite of the trilogy, but he was still fun. Plus we had Titano and could fully reenact the fight from Terror of Mechagodzilla!

All in all, I had the most hours on Save the Earth, I'm sure it's not even close haha, so I'd have to go with STE Spacegodzilla as my all time favorite Pipeworks monster. What about you guys? Who were yours?

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Who was your favorite character to play?(Pipeworks Trilogy)

Post by Spuro »

DAMM: Godzilla, Orga, Destoroyah, Mechagodzilla 3

STE: Megaguirus, Baragon, King Ghidorah, Rodan

GU: Varan, Biollante, Krystalak, Rodan
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Destoroyah. In all three games. He’s unstoppable.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I've only played the PS2 and Wii versions of Godzilla: Unleashed; nonetheless, out of all the playable Kaiju, it depends on the version I'm playing. In the PS2 version, I usually had the most fun playing as Godzilla (both Millennium and Heisei), Rodan, Anguirus, Destoroyah and both versions of MechaGodzilla.

As for the Wii version, almost every Kaiju in that game is so much fun for me to play as, I have no favorites. I do, however, have a soft spot for Godzilla (1954), Varan, Rodan and Titanosaurus. As those four, I was able to kick some serious @$$.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

The Godzillas, particularly Heisei along with Dest, Heisei MG, and Spacegodzilla. So much fun. I love the spiral ray for Heisei Godzilla and weapon spamming as Spacegodzilla and Mechagodzilla. Dest cant pack a bunch with the laser horn which is easily my favorite attack my him. Feels like a lightsaber almost.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Kiryu and the Ghidorahs are fun.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I really liked flying around as Rodan.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

I never really played much of DAMM or unleashed to have a favorite

G:STE however, I played so much and I always gravitated to the same 3 monsters Godzilla 2000, Baragon and Orga

Godzilla I always felt was like the Mario of the pipeworks trilogy no glaring weaknesses but no solid strengths either

I love playing Baragon for his high mobility and acrobatics plus dragging the enemy underground always made me laugh

And Orga was an awesome bruiser with his perfect attack stat and could throw around anyone else in the roster like they were rag dolls

SeñorMFT
Young Farmer

Post by SeñorMFT »

I never played DAMM enough to have a solid opinion.

For STE, definitely King Ghidorah. The blunt resistance makes him very tough as well as the Dragon Death Kick (Away + Fierce) gives him really good range for no meter. Also liked that he could heal himself, making him a good pick for Survival mode too.

Godzilla 90’s, Gigan and Mecha-King Ghidorah are also some of my favourites on that game.

For Unleashed on the Wii, it’s probably got to be Biollante. Being able to chain attacks into each other while having massive range and damage makes her very OP, with her slow speed being irrelevant due to her fast Rush as her attack speed is very quick. If Destoroyah’s horn katana cost meter, Biollante would definitely be the best character without a doubt. Very comfy to play as and remains my favourite pick.

Some other characters I enjoy are Gigan, (Mecha-)King Ghidorah, Orga and Titanosaurus.

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

Godzilla, Gigan, and King Ghidorah are my favorites to play as in all three games though Destoroyah is something special with his broken Horn Katana move in Unleashed Wii.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Anguirus was my fav.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Godzilla 2000, all games.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Baragon all day all night baby.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

DAMM & STE: Gigan was my main.
G:U: Varan.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

My main motherfucker Orga. Baragon is a close second.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

King Ghidorah in DAMM & STE

Godzilla himself of course....I was pretty wicked with Gigan as well. Never played the Unleashed games.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)