Kamen Rider

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Re: Kamen Rider

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Angilasman wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:04 pm Just had the most incredible find at the used book/movie/record store: a two disc DVD compilation of all the Kanen Rider theatrical specials 1971-1988! Must be a HK release (official? Boot? Looks official with its nice packaging) as it has Chinese and English subs. Plays on my R1 Blu-ray player... but when I get to the Kamen Rider Black movie (the one I wanted to see the most) it glitches and becomes unwatchable. Oh, well. Still a cool thing to have!
Hell yeah! Awesome find!

I'd like to check out more Showa-Era Kamen Rider beyond the original series, particularly V3 (the immediate follow-up to the original) and Black (which seems to be widely popular).

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Hideaki Anno Teases Shin Kamen Rider in Latest Bonbori Lantern
Every summer, director Hideaki Anno contributes a lantern to the annual Bonbori Matsuri (Paper Lantern Festival) held at the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gū Shrine in Kamakura, Japan. This year, Anno's bonbori lantern teases the upcoming Shin Kamen Rider live-action film with a logo and the film's release date of March 2023.
Some better pics here -
https://eva-fan.com/blog-entry-6773.html

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Is there a Shin Kamen Rider thread?

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:06 am Is there a Shin Kamen Rider thread?

No, but you have my permission to make a separate thread.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

That recreation of the original show's intro is freaking awesome! I also love how closely that suit adheres to the original design. I wonder if that's the suit that will be featured in the movie or if it was made just for this promo.

Kamen Rider Ryuki will begin airing on TokuSHOUTsu in November and streaming on Tubi in December! From the TokuSHOUTsu Twitter page:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:54 pm That recreation of the original show's intro is freaking awesome! I also love how closely that suit adheres to the original design. I wonder if that's the suit that will be featured in the movie or if it was made just for this promo.
I doubt they'd make a whole new suit just for a teaser trailer.

By the way, anyone have a guess why the trenchcoat is absent here?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

That teaser was badass! Loved the recreation of the original intro.

…kinda disappointed that KR doesn’t have the trench coat as a fixture of his redesign, but he looks cool anyway.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I legit got chills! Very excited.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

And Shinji Higuchi and Kiyotaka Taguchi are working on the Kamen Rider Black Sun series! Embarrassment of riches!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Speaking of Black Sun, we're getting our first look at it on November 21st.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I only hope the production values on Shin Kamen Rider are as cheap and raw as the first dozen episodes of the original series were.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Remembering when we were wondering why Shin Kamen Rider lacked that trenchcoat from the poster? Well, that Maeda-illustrated image actually features Hayato Ichimonji while the trailer shows Takeshi Hongo. That announcement came with another bit of promo art. Check it out below!Image
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

StreamOfKaijuness wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:21 pm Hell yeah! Awesome find!
Same bookstore, just picked up an awesome vinyl figure of Rider 1 where one side is normal and the other "x-ray" (his internal robot parts). It's an awesome toy, and I guess the universe just wants me to be a bigger Kamen Rider fan.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

All 50 episodes of Kamen Rider Ryuki are now available to stream on Shout Factory TV with English subtitles! The series is also now airing on TokuSHOUTsu and it will be available to stream on Tubi in December.

I'm waiting until it's on Tubi before I start watching Ryuki. In the meantime, I’m currently eight episodes into the 1987-1988 series Kamen Rider Black, which is awesome, and I’m also watching Ultraman 80 and Super Robot Red Baron. I just finished Gosei Sentai Dairanger over the weekend so I'll be starting Ninja Sentai Kakuranger soon too.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I started the OG Rider show and I stand corrected, Kamen Rider is totally awesome. Can't wait for Anno's take but also excited to dig deeper into all the existing Rider stuff!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I like the idea of OG Kamen Rider with a trench-coat.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

- and Kamen Rider Zero-One (series + movie) will be Shout's first physical release with the Blu-ray coming in January!

... and don't forget: the original Ishinomori manga gets released next month!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

For the 55-year anniversary series, they should try doing it in a style replicating that of the Showa-era.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Angilasman wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:25 pm - and Kamen Rider Zero-One (series + movie) will be Shout's first physical release with the Blu-ray coming in January!
Yes!

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 pm I started the OG Rider show and I stand corrected, Kamen Rider is totally awesome. Can't wait for Anno's take but also excited to dig deeper into all the existing Rider stuff!
Kamen Rider Kuuga is the first Heisei-Era series and it's fantastic! It aired 49 very bingeable episodes from 2000 to 2001. It's free to stream from Shout Factory TV and on the Tubi streaming service.

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

I'm looking forward to the Kamen Rider Zero-One (series + movie) blu-ray release and will be pre-ordering it next week (along with getting the final two of the sentai series they released that I hadn't bought yet.

Mind you I still need to make my way through the original KR on Tubi... (and then Kuuga there as well!) But still I know I'll want this.