Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Platypus Prime »

China has been a mess for a long time, they're just loosing their ability to hide how badly they are doing. I would not be surprised if a few waves of things are delayed yet again, and I've been honestly shocked that we haven't had more stuff cancelled completely. The Diamond Select Invader Zim figures have been cut entirely, if rumors are to be believed they finally gave up since the factory 'couldn't get the limbs to stop breaking'. I've seen many toys with much thinner parts hold up fine, so clearly something's off.

I hope Super7 may take a shot at Zim, since they were able to do Ren and Stimpy, and Spongebob.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Platypus Prime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:57 am The Diamond Select Invader Zim figures have been cut entirely, if rumors are to be believed they finally gave up since the factory 'couldn't get the limbs to stop breaking'.
It's Palisades all over again!
Platypus Prime wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:57 am I hope Super7 may take a shot at Zim, since they were able to do Ren and Stimpy, and Spongebob.
I'd be in for a Zim & Gaz. Hope it happens as well.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I never had any of the Palisades ones, they had breakage issues?

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

I always worry we won’t get all the characters I want when Super7 does any Reaction line, after having been burned on that before. That transforming Mechagodzilla, while neat looking, feels way too soon. I’d have liked to see dear old Anguirus in that spot.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Hold on, transforming mechagodzilla? Did I miss something?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Transforming Mechagodzilla? Do you mean to say Cyborg Mechagodzilla? Or Shogun Mechagodzilla?

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Sorry for the confusion. The official name of that Series 2 Reaction figure is “Half-Transformed Mechagodzilla”.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Based on the current schedule from Super7, the four waves of Ultimates (including Shogun) will hit monthly from May to August. I'm glad I bought mine on Super7's website so I was able to space out the payments a bit more.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I bought my Destoroyah on Super7's website too. That's pretty useful. I'll believe it when I see it. If covid wasn't a thing, I'd be optimistic about the current schedule for the release date. Now? Damn man.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

It's worth mentioning that both BBTS and Entertainment Earth have corrected ReAction Ghidorah's price to $25 from the original $20. This makes sense since he's much larger...but they've also increased Hedorah's price to $25. I was worried that his positioning in the packaging mockup suggested they would make him skinny and his tail stumpy, but if he actually is $25 then they are likely doing his proportions correctly.
Last edited by Fermix on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Honestly, I completely forgot that a new wave of reaction figures was coming out lol.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Honestly, I was real excited at first for the Super7 offerings, and maybe it's just the fact that I'm not really focused on kaiju collecting right now, but aside from the Ultimates Shogun Godzilla, everything's just kinda...

The new Ultimates are...fine? The ReAction figures are...fine? There's really not been anything beyond the weirdo choices like the Marusan and Shogun figures that grabbed my attention. Maybe Ultimate Melting Godzilla for how unique it is? I dunno. Just rambling, I guess.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

You're probably far from the only Godzilla fan to feel that way. There's an abundance of merchandise out there right now, more than enough if aren't feeling the style of the Super7 stuff. Not only that, but things have been pretty quiet on the Super7 stuff when it comes to Toho.

UltramanGoji, are there Toho figures that you might get excited over? I'm pretty hyped to see their Shogun Rodan ReAction, and I would shit a brick if they ever did a Mechatitanosaurus from the Manga.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

For me a big part of why I feel kinda similar is because its taking so long for anything to come out. Part of me wishes they didn't announce things until they were further along in production, but of course thats one of the drawbacks of their business model.

I had spend a good while and a good chunk of change for these figures, as well as making a display for them, and now Im gonna be moved out to my new house before they even get released. Its hard to get super excited for them which is a damn shame.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

For me personally, the issue is timing. Super7 announced their grab during a real slump in collecting. Only Playmates, X-Plus and SHMA were on the market. Having someone new was exciting, especially now.

And then they took a while, as Hamster pointed out and now look. Mezco. Hiya. Millions of little cross promotions. And even those places that were fine like Playmates and SHMA are throwing wild curveball like Hedorah, Baragon, Showa Gigan and more. The "one in a million" choices we thought only they could do are now much more likely. Honestly, I hope Super7 stays weird because stuff like ReAction half transformed Mechagodzilla and Godzilla 57 or Ultimate Meltdown are all that have grabbed my attention which sucks when I was so hyped
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So... I got the entirety of Wave 1 ReActions yesterday form Amazon. Not Bad. Rodan is probably my favorite of the bunch. Since I sold my entire Bandai collection back in 2007, I thought I'd never get back into Godzilla Toys, but these seem pretty good. They are relatively inexpensive, and dont take up much space. Ironically while they are smaller and less detailed than the Bandai toys from the late 80's to early 00's, I'm paying the same price for ReAactions as I was when I first started getting Bandai toys 30 years ago. Inflation is crazy...I just hope we get deep into the Toho Mythos, otherwise I'll be disappointed if this fizzles after just a few waves. I was able to pre-order with BBTS back when Ghidorah and Hedorah were only $20, so I feel pretty good about that, though I feel those February/March dates are not realistic considering I just got wave 1.

Also, if with future waves we get at least 3 or 4 newly tooled toys I guess I can live with that. I know there is no order to these, but my ideal wave 3 would be:

1. Anguirus (DAM Version)
2. Kong 62 Version (Not sure if they can do this?)
3. Godzilla 64
4. Mothra Larva's 2-pack
5. Mogera (Mysterians)
6. Godzilla 74
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

YOU just got wave 1, but these figures have been out for MONTHS. So I wouldn't worry too much about when wave 2 comes out.

And in the grand scheme of things they may be inexpensive (especially considering what most Godzila toys cost) but ReAction figures in general are still grossly overpriced for what they are.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I feel like you only come into these threads to complain about prices.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 am So... I got the entirety of Wave 1 ReActions yesterday form Amazon. Not Bad. Rodan is probably my favorite of the bunch. Since I sold my entire Bandai collection back in 2007, I thought I'd never get back into Godzilla Toys, but these seem pretty good. They are relatively inexpensive, and dont take up much space. Ironically while they are smaller and less detailed than the Bandai toys from the late 80's to early 00's, I'm paying the same price for ReAactions as I was when I first started getting Bandai toys 30 years ago. Inflation is crazy...I just hope we get deep into the Toho Mythos, otherwise I'll be disappointed if this fizzles after just a few waves. I was able to pre-order with BBTS back when Ghidorah and Hedorah were only $20, so I feel pretty good about that, though I feel those February/March dates are not realistic considering I just got wave 1.

Also, if with future waves we get at least 3 or 4 newly tooled toys I guess I can live with that. I know there is no order to these, but my ideal wave 3 would be:

1. Anguirus (DAM Version)
2. Kong 62 Version (Not sure if they can do this?)
3. Godzilla 64
4. Mothra Larva's 2-pack
5. Mogera (Mysterians)
6. Godzilla 74
Kyle confirmed in an interview late 2022 that at least 5 waves of ReAction have been sculpted. Between that and seeing these figures regularly sell out and restock online, I don't think there is much to worry about. Brian confirmed that Kong and Mechani Kong are not available to license.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:23 amYOU just got wave 1, but these figures have been out for MONTHS. So I wouldn't worry too much about when wave 2 comes out.
Interesting, must have been a rerelease, for which I am thankful, because I did pre-order Wave 1 Months ago, and they just now arrived.
Fermix wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:19 amKyle confirmed in an interview late 2022 that at least 5 waves of ReAction have been sculpted. Between that and seeing these figures regularly sell out and restock online, I don't think there is much to worry about. Brian confirmed that Kong and Mechani Kong are not available to license.
That is unfortunate about Kong and MechaniKong, but not unexpected. Still, that is good news about the future sculpts. I counted 40+ completely unique Toho Kaiju Id like to have that didn't include any variants of Godzilla, Mothra, Ghidorah, or Mecha Godzilla (of which there are many), so the line could easily go 10 waves. Good to know at least 5 are planned.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!