Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Well, hey, I guess I'll finally get to own the Shogun Rodan after all. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:12 pm For a ReAction, it seems a bit out of scale (too big) compared with the others.
I threw the photo into ImageJ using the known measurement of a 7.5" wingspan and measured the height of the figure to be 2.75" to the top of the horns. At a first glance, this scale seems to be true to the original Shogun Godzilla and Rodan releases.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Sounds about right:

*not my photos. Found them on google.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Man, I hope they do Gre-Gory too...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:21 am Man, I hope they do Gre-Gory too...
Wow... I have a friend named Greg... I'm not gonna let this one go... Although if I keep it up, we may not be my friends for much longer.... ;).

Thanks for the pics in scale. It will probably look ok in person. I guess I was just comparing it to the other Rodan and Mothra which have about the same wingspan, as each other but are smaller than this Shogun Rodan.
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Rodan ReAction landing in people's hands
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Huh, so it’s not quite exactly to scale with the Shogun Godzilla ReAction is it?

What is that mid size Mattel looking Rodan with the hard plastic (?) wings? I saw that when I was googling the pictures above earlier and never seen it before today.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:22 pm Huh, so it’s not quite exactly to scale with the Shogun Godzilla ReAction is it?
No, not really. Needs to be about a head taller.

Very disappointing honestly. On the bright side, I don't open my ReAction figures so at the very least it'll look nice hanging on the wall next to Godzilla.
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:22 pm What is that mid size Mattel looking Rodan with the hard plastic (?) wings? I saw that when I was googling the pictures above earlier and never seen it before today.
They're WonderFestival exclusive sofubi figures made by Medicom.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Seems like the jaw is articulated. That at least is interesting.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Shogun and Wave 3 of ULTIMATES! have had their ETAs edited on the Super7 website - now shipping to customers late-September and late-November, respectively. Waves 1 and 2 remain late-May and late-June, respectively.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Cool, hopefully everything stays on track. Seems like their shipments have picked up this past month, a good amount of releases showing up.
:terrestris:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I got my Shogun Rodan today, and he is a goofy little guy. In hand, the scaling is honestly close enough to work for me.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Fermix wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:05 am I got my Shogun Rodan today, and he is a goofy little guy. In hand, the scaling is honestly close enough to work for me.
Those are the exact 2 ReAction figures I bought lol

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

You know what I just noticed? If the reaction Rodan’s claws extended downward like the original’s then it would probably make up the difference in height we’re seeing. It’s the flat footed stance making him look slightly too short.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Did you get them from Super 7 directly or another retailer? I ordered from BBTS to lump in with the rest of my wave 2 ReActions to save on shipping. The estimated arrival is still "February", but no idea when they'll actually arrive.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

These ReAction figures aren't for me, but I gotta say: seeing a little display of them at my local comic shop made me super happy. If I was a kid today I'd love them for being able to give me a wide variety of characters at a small size.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Angilasman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:58 am These ReAction figures aren't for me, but I gotta say: seeing a little display of them at my local comic shop made me super happy. If I was a kid today I'd love them for being able to give me a wide variety of characters at a small size.
I think, as a kid, I'd moan and scream if I got one of these and not a 5 Points XL set. The Super 7 style is meant to be the kind of alternative kitsch that adults can appreciate alongside screen-accurate toys, but kids have eyes, and want what they see on screen if they want Godzilla at all.

I think they'll be accepting that plush might not be so accurate, though. ;)

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:40 pm Did you get them from Super 7 directly or another retailer?
I got mine direct from Super7. Typically with their ReAction stuff, they get them in stock and put them up for sale before shipping them to other distributors, meaning they have them about a month ahead of others.
Gojirasaur wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 am
Angilasman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:58 am These ReAction figures aren't for me, but I gotta say: seeing a little display of them at my local comic shop made me super happy. If I was a kid today I'd love them for being able to give me a wide variety of characters at a small size.
I think, as a kid, I'd moan and scream if I got one of these and not a 5 Points XL set. The Super 7 style is meant to be the kind of alternative kitsch that adults can appreciate alongside screen-accurate toys, but kids have eyes, and want what they see on screen if they want Godzilla at all.
Honestly, this just makes you sound like a spoiled kid, as opposed to whatever point you were trying to make :lol:

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Fermix wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:35 am
Gojirasaur wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 am
Honestly, this just makes you sound like a spoiled kid, as opposed to whatever point you were trying to make :lol:
Well, aside from having tried and succeeded with that point, I was a savvy kid. I think I could even spot a KO while in a stroller!

Really, kids today have us all beat on what they expect. Hell, they may order SHMA on Alexa while you're out. :lol:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Gojirasaur wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:41 am Well, aside from having tried and succeeded with that point, I was a savvy kid. I think I could even spot a KO while in a stroller!

Really, kids today have us all beat on what they expect. Hell, they may order SHMA on Alexa while you're out. :lol:
I'm not buying my young child a 5 point XL or an SHMA. With all of the interchangeable parts on the Mezco stuff, it's just asking for a kid to lose them. SHMA for obvious reasons; I barely feel comfortable handling those things as an adult.

If you're saying that you know of kids with high expectations, then I'm simply saying those kids are spoiled.