Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by CyberZilla »

I’ve seen some of the KOTM poster ReActions clogging up pegs at my local Targets. Gotta wonder if there’s a lack of interest there.

On a related note, I ended up getting one as a birthday gift and it’s neat enough, but not amazing.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:12 am I'm talking about ReAction in general. Godzilla I can kind of get but some of their other lines featuring human characters just look like the kind of things you'd get from a gumball machine or from a kids playset in a discount store.

I dont know. I remember a time when substantial action figures were $3.50 and playsets were $20-$30. I know times have changed but I can't wrap my brain around why the ReAction line costs so much.
I remember wwe and power ranger figures height 9.99 and sometimes you could find them on sale for even 1.99-4.99 if you got lucky. Now they're pushing 19.99-24.99.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I just learned they're doing Animaniacs ReActions, including Yakko, Wakko, Dot and Dr Scratchanshiff. I actually really want the Scratchansniff, but do I really want a $20 collectible small enough to get lost in the couch coushins?

It could be worse though. It could be that Kid Robot blind bag crap.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The obsession with blind bag figures is really mind boggling. Some of those things are ten or twenty bucks apiece, now. I can't fathom paying anything close to that when I don't even know what I'm getting. I don't understand how they're even profitable. How many parents have that kind of money to throw around in this economy? Is it a gambling thing, where people just get addicted to it? That's got to be the companies' intention, anyway.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

New images of the Super Cyborg Mechagodzilla, expected to be available soon

I'll post a photo of the article in spoiler tags as well, but I'll also type it out below for accessibility
Spoiler:
A NEW robot will be joining the Super7 Super Cyborg line around year-end...and he's a monster! Mechagodzilla will be the first Super Cyborg done with licensor TOHO, and joining the previously released figures from the worlds of GI Joe and Transformers. The new Super Cyborg Mechagodzilla stands roughly 10 inches tall and sports a mostly removable clear plastic exoskeleton.

Unlike the Super Cyborg Optimus Prime, where only his chest plate was removable, Mechagodzilla will feature a removable chest, front arms and front legs to better reveal the robot's wired insides.

"You can disassemble the whole thing and see all the guts straightforward, or you can put them all back on," said Super7 boss Brian Flynn. "What we've typically done in the past with the cyborgs is the first release of the cyborg comes all clear, you can see the guts, and then we come back later and we put it out in an opaque version."

Super Cyborg Mechagodzilla will be a general release and carry a price tag of $125, and, without giving too much away, may be joined by additional TOHO characters in 2023. Outside of TOHO, Super7 expects to add new characters to the Super Cyborg range from other monster-riffic licenses, but that's as much as we can say...for now.
Last edited by Fermix on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Neat. Price isnt terrible either.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I don’t think I’ll ever partake in this line but this is cool, especially since it has a clear homage to the magazine illustrations so popular in the genre (what started that trend by the way)?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm really hoping we see a Gigan and King Caesar release. Anything with crazy bioloy. I expect Jet Jaguar and MOGUERA at the very least.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:43 pm I'm really hoping we see a Gigan and King Caesar release. Anything with crazy bioloy. I expect Jet Jaguar and MOGUERA at the very least.
Jet Jaguar and MOGUERA seem like guarantees. King Caesar lends well to the format quite well too.
Gigan and Mecha-King Ghidorah would be unexpected but appreciated (and, might I add, the first bloody cyborgs by definition to join the SUPER CYBORG line). I would love to see a Gigan with a spinning sawblade!
A Super Mechagodzilla with panels that come off of the Garuda would be neat.
There's a real opportunity here to do a Kiryu that reveals Godzilla's bones as you take the panels off, which would be very exciting!
Give me Mechatitanosaurus you cowards.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Despite that price (which tbh isn’t bad for what the toy is), that Super Cyborg Mechagodzilla is very much tempting me. It would look amazing as a display piece.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

That is an amazingly crazy level of detail, I see why the went with clear, solid plastic would not do it justice.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Toying Around just posted a video of the MMPR T Rex Dinozord. If the articulation on the tail is indicative of Godzilla, it seems like it will be comparable to the later NECA sculpts.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Sick, I bet you it’ll get an ultimate as well.
:terrestris:

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Additional photo
Havoks wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:18 am Sick, I bet you it’ll get an ultimate as well.
If the ReAction sells well! ULTIMATES! Shogun Rodan and Shogun Mechagodzilla seem like a no-brainer for SDCC 2023.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

YES! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Might try my luck on waiting for a box variant but either way this looks fantastic. Eagerly await the inevitable ULTIMATES!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am very intrigued that the figure is named under the banner of Wave 1...

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I just got the email notice about the Shogun Rodan from BBTS. It will be interesting if we get this before the standard Godzilla wave 2. For a ReAction, it seems a bit out of scale (too big) compared with the others. Still, I pre-ordered and will reserve judgement until I see it on the media shelf with the rest of the Godzilla ReActions.

I get why people are really into the Ultimates, but unfortunately I just dont have the space for larger figures, nor the budget at $50/$60 a pop. So the smaller ReActions fit that bill perfectly. (Also wish fulfillment as a kid who wanted, but never got the Shogun Godzilla/Rodan back in the late 70's) I put them in front of my DVDs, and there is plenty of space already there so I dont have to create more.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Honestly, I wish Super7 would focus on certain lines in the ReAction scale over others. When there are Lightning Collection and Ultimates for Power Rangers, I don't see the need for ReAction ones as well - same for G.I. Joe and Transformers, etc. But I would love a full line of Simpsons ReAction figures over the Ultimates - it fits the simplistic design better and there could be a lot more variety.

Godzilla, though, I want Showa Ultimates, period.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

The new ReAction Shogun Rodan is the first ReAction toy that made me go "Yep. I need that."

I've always liked how odd the Shogun Rodan looked and to get it in mini form is sweet, $25 for a 3" tall piece of plastic is a bit much (same goes for literally every other ReAction toy) but still, gotta have it :Rodan56: