Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by canofhumdingers »

If you skipped any you haven’t necessarily missed out yet. Sure you can’t get them direct from Super7 anymore, but plenty of retailers like BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and Sideshow still have them available for preorder.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Oh ok. Good

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The sculpt on this guy is great. Really impressed.

Fermix wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:59 am
Shenanigans wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:55 pm I forget, did they said each wave was going to have a Godzilla? I kind of get why they're releasing several Godzillas right out of the gate, but naturally it creates the issues of a lack of diversity and makes the wait for Showa & things Bandai hasn't already done even worse (though this particular Godzilla being an obvious exception).
Brian said that some waves will not include Godzilla because it would otherwise lead to a ratio of 20 Godzillas and 20 other monsters "when really I need 8 Godzillas and 32 monsters." But, like you said, I can understand why it would be good to get a couple of Godzillas right out the gate. I believe Meltdown is a statement piece that says we should expect some really unique offerings along the way.
Thanks, that's good to hear. I imagine the next wave will take a break from the Godzillas, maybe something like Spacegodzilla (so they still got a sorta-Godzilla) and Moguera. (BTW - if they make a transforming Moguera like somebody mentioned I'd be all over that motherfucker. Never cared much for Moguera the character but the transforming figure from 1994 is one of my favorite pieces in my whole collection and I've long wanted to see an updated version).

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

NYCC Exclusives (Glow Rodan, Glow Mothra, Oxygen Destroyer G54) are now available to order from Super7
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

How long does it take for Super7 payments to clear? I am trying their installment plan, and I haven't seen anything charged or cleared on my end.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

G1985 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:53 am Super7 has revealed their NYCC exclusive - a boxed B&W 1954 with Oxygen Destroyer accessory:

See if the standard releases were more like this, nice box with a little accessory, I'd pick some of them up. More bang for your buck it feels like.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

tbeasley wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:29 am
G1985 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:53 am Super7 has revealed their NYCC exclusive - a boxed B&W 1954 with Oxygen Destroyer accessory:

See if the standard releases were more like this, nice box with a little accessory, I'd pick some of them up. More bang for your buck it feels like.
Many of their other ReActions come with accessories. The issue is that the Toho figures are already on the bigger side and anything else would drive up the price point.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

After carefull consideration, I decided to Pre-order the three Ultimates! that I missed out on through BBTS. I've now officially preordered the whole line. Thank you canofhumdingers for letting me know they were available.

I need to go EVENTUALLY get all of the Reaction figures I missed, which is to say all but the first one. Ive been meaning to get them for weeks but budgets are getting tight around Halloween.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

In a similar vein, the Canadian retailer where I had my Ultimates preorders in is closing up shop so I'll be moving them over to another store once I have my funds back.

In doing so, I think I'll skip the Burning Godzilla from wave 2. The meltdown Godzilla is way more interesting of a figure and I prefer the translucent plastic rather than the painted burning patterns on the solid black plastic.

None of the other stores solicited the Shogun Godzilla though, which is a bummer. Hopefully I can find one out in the wild

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I think having a melting Godzilla would just make me feel sad.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Video walkthrough of Toho Ultimates Wave 3
Includes a product shot that never made it onto the website

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Those look pretty awesome in the video. They really are massive (especially Destroyer). Not thrilled about the year long wait but I’m glad I’ve got them coming.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Since my Destoroyah mockup ended up being relatively close to the official product, I decided to do the same thing with Heisei Ghidorah to get a sense of how much space he would take up on the shelf.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

That is a great-looking group, and I really hope we get that Ghidorah.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Anyone else getting the Shogun Godzillas? I decided to get the glow in the dark one.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Nope. I appreciate the historical significance of the shogun figure, but I’m just a few years too young to have any nostalgia for it (I was an Imperial Godzilla toy generation kid). And taken on its own without any childhood connection, it’s just an ugly figure that bears almost no resemblance to Godzilla. It’s great for people who like it, it’s just not for me.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:48 pm Anyone else getting the Shogun Godzillas? I decided to get the glow in the dark one.
I'm getting the glow one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im getting both, since I decided I want to be a completionist for this line.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:48 pm Anyone else getting the Shogun Godzillas? I decided to get the glow in the dark one.
I have zero nostalgia for the classic Shogun figures and I think they look hideous, but...I can have my own version of a toy my dad used to own when he was a kid...and I'm a sucker for both lime green toys and glow in the dark toys...

So my answer is maybe lol

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I received my NYCC ReAction exclusives in the mail yesterday. The G54 is really nice. Like, strictly better than the standard release in every way. The packaging is nicer, the paint is nicer, and it has an accessory. I really like it, but I don't like the idea that the definitive edition of these figures can be released as con exclusives.

It's worth noting that Super7 sold the GITD Mothra and Rodan advertising that the packaging itself glows in the dark. This is not true, mine don't glow at all. To be honest, I'm glad because it would bother me that Mothra and Rodan's glow while the first 3 don't, but I can understand for some that they would feel misled. The plastic in Rodan's wings seems to be a 50/50 mix of glow pigment and regular plastic, muting the glow effect overall. It also seems that the paint on Mothra's wings slightly inhibit the plastic's ability to absorb light, but it's not a substantial effect.

I'm glad to have these two to round out the set (minus G57), but on their own they are definitely the weaker releases.