Announcements

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Announcements

Post by Legion1979 »

One important thing with necroposting is INTENT. I feel that if you have something important to add to an old conversation you should do it, by all means. But don't go into a thread from 2016 just to say inane nothings like "Yeah, I agree with this!" I can't stand it whenever I've woken up to a ton of old threads being revived by the same new member who has nothing to add to any of them.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:04 am One important thing with necroposting is INTENT. I feel that if you have something important to add to an old conversation you should do it, by all means. But don't go into a thread from 2016 just to say inane nothings like "Yeah, I agree with this!" I can't stand it whenever I've woken up to a ton of old threads being revived by the same new member who has nothing to add to any of them.
Right. With all of this, I hope people will use common sense. That's probably naïve of me, but oh well.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

RIP “Skreeonk.” TK’s icon, honestly.

It’ll make it easier on the RPGs, though, gotta admit.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

How long has the rule about double posting been removed?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:23 pm How long has the rule about double posting been removed?
Last i've been red, so some time now. Some sub-forums have them disabled by default such as fan-fic and that Fan-art subforum. I know in toys, double posting and auto merging gets disabled after like 3 days and they just post a new instead of merging. Something like that. Other reds can give you more up to date specifics.

Then theres the issue when the forum brain lapses and you accidentally double post.

Added in 44 seconds:
Maritonic wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:11 am -snip
Ping for notice

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:23 pm How long has the rule about double posting been removed?
Yeah this has been gone for quite a while. Hell, I think even before I was a mod let alone admin/manager. As SpaceG said, some of the subforums even have it disabled.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.