The unofficial random questions thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The unofficial random questions thread

Post by Gigantis »

It's so weird looking back at Rodan's Roost. I think by the time I discovered it via their fanfiction archives and scraped movie subpage (the latter of which you can tell is outdated simply for the fact that Godzilla vs. The Devil is one of the pages. :lol: ) I think the place as a whole was eother already dead or at least on its last few legs.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:59 am It's so weird looking back at Rodan's Roost. I think by the time I discovered it via their fanfiction archives and scraped movie subpage (the latter of which you can tell is outdated simply for the fact that Godzilla vs. The Devil is one of the pages. :lol: ) I think the place as a whole was eother already dead or at least on its last few legs.
Yeah, it died. And then there was a brief resurgence in 2013 when Brandon got a handful of us that were lurking together to try and breathe life into it. I was able to post news updates and such on the main page and was following Ultraman Ginga, but it quickly died as Brandon went MIA and nobody knew what the game plan was or how to actually code new pages and such. Now even the forums have been taken offline. So can't even go back and read old stuff for nostalgia sake. Such a damn shame and a waste.

TK is good and all, but damn does this fandom need a one-stop shop for EVERYTHING giant monster. The closest we got are Wikis, and they simply don't touch upon much of anything that's not mainstream or from one of the major studios. Been more than tempted to bring back the Monster Archives in Wiki form but damn, I don't know how to run a Wiki. Or maybe I'm just too old and lazy to throw my name back into the mix.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am TK is good and all, but damn does this fandom need a one-stop shop for EVERYTHING giant monster.
What are some changes around here that you'd recommend in this regard? If there on here, we can discuss them. If it's main site, I can speak with Arbok.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am TK is good and all, but damn does this fandom need a one-stop shop for EVERYTHING giant monster.
What are some changes around here that you'd recommend in this regard? If there on here, we can discuss them. If it's main site, I can speak with Arbok.
The forums are fine the way they are. I'm talking main site details, for everything from Showa Gamera, modern Hollywood and across the globe for US, European and other Asian giant monsters. Gorgo, Reptilicus, King Kong, Harryhausen stuff, Pacific Rim, '50s Giant Bugs, etc. There's so much more to discover and yet most are only really exposed to the basics because well, TK is just Toho (understandably so) and the Wikis are usually run by a bunch of kids that only watch the mainstream stuff. There's hardly any real details on stuff like Juspion, Tekkōki Mikazuki, etc. A site that encompasses EVERYTHING about giant monsters, no matter the country of origin, not just Godzilla/mainstream Japanese stuff.

Inferno Rodan, Breakdown and myself once had a chat with the guys over at Wikizilla about spear heading this type of stuff and it went no where. Despite repeatedly telling them we wanted to do the more obscure and unknown stuff and bring it back out to the open, all they kept doing is telling us how they needed someone to do SP episode synopsis. -_-

Tell Anthony to make a "Monster Kingdom" and we'll talk. :P

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am The forums are fine the way they are.
Awwwww, you do like me! :oops:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am Tell Anthony to make a "Monster Kingdom" and we'll talk. :P
This is a fair point. Maybe it's something that can be expanded on in the future.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:53 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am The forums are fine the way they are.
Awwwww, you do like me! :oops:
Well, you'd surely know if I didn't. Just ask around.

Quote of the Year:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Afaik the last time Wikizilla tried to expand it was with the Asylum movies. Beyond adding a page for Ape vs. Monster when that came out, that died pretty fast just because the mods didn't like the movies.. though I don't think your opinion on films should really stop you in this case. :|

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:07 am Afaik the last time Wikizilla tried to expand it was with the Asylum movies. Beyond adding a page for Ape vs. Monster when that came out, that died pretty fast just because the mods didn't like the movies.. though I don't think your opinion on films should really stop you in this case. :|
Yeah, that sounds about right. We were trying to tell them we'd handle stuff from the '50s like Giant Claw, Tarantula, Deadly Mantis and more recent stuff like Mega Shark. We also wanted to add a few TV series (Juspion and TM mainly) and anime (Betterman, Neo Ranga, Eva, etc). But, of course, all they kept doing in the discussion was just "But what about SP episodes!?" It doesn't help that they also have this weird mentality of "Well, this other Wiki exists so why should we cover it too?" bit, as if Wikizilla is the first place to have information on Godzilla and Gamera.

As far as I'm really concerned, the only good Wiki is the Ultraman Wiki, which has a HUGE ass cache of information and isn't run like it's an after school program. They have come a long way since just hijacking our old Monster Archives bios, and I applaud them for it.

Quote of the Year:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am The forums are fine the way they are. I'm talking main site details, for everything from Showa Gamera, modern Hollywood and across the globe for US, European and other Asian giant monsters. Gorgo, Reptilicus, King Kong, Harryhausen stuff, Pacific Rim, '50s Giant Bugs, etc. There's so much more to discover and yet most are only really exposed to the basics because well, TK is just Toho (understandably so) and the Wikis are usually run by a bunch of kids that only watch the mainstream stuff. There's hardly any real details on stuff like Juspion, Tekkōki Mikazuki, etc. A site that encompasses EVERYTHING about giant monsters, no matter the country of origin, not just Godzilla/mainstream Japanese stuff.
Well we would've had that if somebody didn't decide to shut down The Monster Archives... :evil:

Added in 2 minutes 43 seconds:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:22 am Remember when there was a whole buffett of message boards to choose from? Kaijuphile/Rodan's Roost, Goji Stomp, Tokyo Monsters, Maser City, etc? My favorite was always Kaiju Phile. The forum was absolutely MASSIVE with tons of active members, complete with a built-in arcade for retro games (held the pinball high score) and the fantasy match Daikaiju Desumatchi tournament that still has yet to be properly replicated anywhere.

Am I the only one here who thinks Godzilla Reddits and most Facebook groups suck?
Full agreement. Reddit is full of children and the Facebook groups are alright but I haaaate navigating the site and app. I miss the Golden age of forums and fansites.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:27 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am The forums are fine the way they are. I'm talking main site details, for everything from Showa Gamera, modern Hollywood and across the globe for US, European and other Asian giant monsters. Gorgo, Reptilicus, King Kong, Harryhausen stuff, Pacific Rim, '50s Giant Bugs, etc. There's so much more to discover and yet most are only really exposed to the basics because well, TK is just Toho (understandably so) and the Wikis are usually run by a bunch of kids that only watch the mainstream stuff. There's hardly any real details on stuff like Juspion, Tekkōki Mikazuki, etc. A site that encompasses EVERYTHING about giant monsters, no matter the country of origin, not just Godzilla/mainstream Japanese stuff.
Well we would've had that if somebody didn't decide to shut down The Monster Archives... :evil:
Touche and agreed. But they were past their prime. Hosting on a Proboards forums while sites like Toho Kingdom and wikis were really ramping up... I/we couldn't keep up.

Quote of the Year:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I have a question I wish Terasawa was around to ask. I'm looking for a film called Tess from South Africa, it's in Afrikaans and I haven't been able to suss it out on the internet archive myself. Does any user here know any places I could look? Total longshot I know, but it's not available in the States anywhere to my knowledge unfortunately. Any tips would be appreciated.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Imagine if Sompote Sands actually made a Godzilla vs Hanuman movie back in the day... You know he could have done it regardless of what Toho said like he did with the Kamen Rider characters.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Will Hell erupt, releasing the devil himself to destroy the world when Maritonic posts just one more time?
Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Do you believe that there is a lot more people on the Internet that are incel and believing right conspiracies like the great replacement compared to now from back then

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am Do you believe that there is a lot more people on the Internet that are incel and believing right conspiracies like the great replacement compared to now from back then
No. They're just more vocal, and emboldened by the "anti-SJW" discourse that started in the mid-early 2010s.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:32 pm Will Hell erupt, releasing the devil himself to destroy the world when Maritonic posts just one more time?
I'm his lawyer. If you want I can put on an dress and sing a Ghost song in the style of King Caesar's theme to awaken Maritonic.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Let's say I left a Discord server a week ago. But then suddenly I'm back in it. I was never a member anyone paid much attention to in the server. How or why was I back in without myself rejoining?

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

What’s the oldest post on the forum? If you can’t share the link then share the date. I’m curious when it all started.

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

SpiderZilla wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:38 pm What’s the oldest post on the forum? If you can’t share the link then share the date. I’m curious when it all started.
I wasn't here to see it, but as far as my knowledge goes the Toho Kingdom forums have existed for quite a long time (since 2003!). About a decade ago, the forums were wiped by a hacker attack and the Toho Kingdom we are using now is actually Toho Kingdom 2 - Electric Boogaloo. So the first post (as in, the first post in Toho Kingdom's entire history) is lost to the sands of time.
Now, please take what I said here with a grain of salt, especially the hacker attack part. This is just based on a couple of posts I read a long time ago and the details in my mind may or may not be fuzzy.
I tried googling some key words like "Toho Kingdom hacking" or "Toho Kingdom wiped" to see if I could find any post to back up what I said but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully somebody who knows what happened will shed some light on this for you.
The best I could find was this, but still nothing on the "hacker attack": https://www.tohokingdom.com/resources/e ... tm#history

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:32 pm Will Hell erupt, releasing the devil himself to destroy the world when Maritonic posts just one more time?
Well, lets post again and see what happens...

Added in 45 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:47 pm
I'm his lawyer. If you want I can put on an dress and sing a Ghost song in the style of King Caesar's theme to awaken Maritonic.
Shocking everyone, I'm sure; this worked.