Official Anime/Netflix ULTRAMAN Thread!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Official Anime/Netflix ULTRAMAN Thread!

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Discuss Netflix's #1 anime of 2019!

Season 2 is on the way, eager to see it! Also, do not discuss the manga at the chance of spoilers for the show.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Anime/Netflix ULTRAMAN Thread!

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

This was my first introduction to Ultraman and other than the lack of actual daikaiju, I think it was pretty good

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Back when I first watched ULTRAMAN, I was wondering why there wasn't an intro and outro but it appears that they were being saved for this year's broadcasts in Japan. I don't really love either of them but the outro is a really cool nod to the original 1966 intro.

Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for sharing those! That outro is ultra cool!

Eager to see Taro in season 2.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Unlike many anime based on Manga they take several years to catch up. It appears season 2 will likely be fully caught up with the Manga by the ti.e it comes out. I wonder if we could have a Game of Thrones situation where it actually gets ahead? The first few episodes followed the Manga pretty close, but then it got pretty diverse, substituting some characters, and eliminating while subplots, and reducing others.

I know this is way OT, but the only other Manga I really followed was The Guyver. I'm saddened it never had a proper ending, and while all the different animes are great, they never did any follow up to the last one to adapt further volumes. So much unexplored potential there.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I've watched a handful of episodes; I stopped after the big concert kerfuffle, but will probably watch it from the beginning. The fight scenes are really cool.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Okay, I finally watched the entire series. It was pretty cool.

Four incarnations of Ultraman get the Tony Stark treatment: Ultraman, Ultra Seven, Ultraman Ace, and Bemlar.

Does the series explain what happened to Shinjiro's mom? She looked pretty MILF to me, but disappears after a single scene.

Loved the fight scenes. And the movie ended answering some questions while posing new ones for the next season.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

I love the anime so much I read the manga as well. Is there a thread for the manga?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

What did you think of all the changes between the Manga and the Anime? I understand for time they cut a couple sub-plots. But changing certain characters (Red King for Black King etc...) were puzzling. Also I tried to watch the anime while following along with the manga. The first couple volumes were pretty spot on, btu after that it was a LOT of skipping around and got very confusing.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

o.supreme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:33 am What did you think of all the changes between the Manga and the Anime? I understand for time they cut a couple sub-plots. But changing certain characters
Spoiler:
(Red King for Black King etc...)
were puzzling. Also I tried to watch the anime while following along with the manga. The first couple volumes were pretty spot on, btu after that it was a LOT of skipping around and got very confusing.
I enjoyed being able to read the Manga and get more in depth in story line and understanding of the Manga Ultra-world. I consider them to be different interpretations of the same story line. I'm OK with that, because there are things you can do in a Manga that you can't do in Anime, and vice versa.

Having said that, I just read the request to not discuss the Manga here, so I won't do that beyond what I've stated here, which doesn't mention any details.
Last edited by JessIAm on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 pm Discuss Netflix's #1 anime of 2019!

Season 2 is on the way, eager to see it! Also, do not discuss the manga at the chance of spoilers for the show.
Nuts! I realized I just brought the Manga up. I'll delete what I was going to say that would have been spoilers.
Last edited by JessIAm on Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Season 2 coming Spring 2022 now.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I'm only mentioning the manga in reference of predicting S2 end point, not spoiler details. Vol. 17 came out this past June in Japan. Vol 16 comes out in January 2022 in the U.S. I would be satisfied if S2 of the Anime made it all the way through Volume 16. Though it will likely have to be a makeshift ending, since I doubt they would wait another 4 years for additional Manga volumes to make another anime season.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A full Season 2 trailer is finally out!

I cannot wait for April 10th.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Hell yeah we getting the King Joe fight!!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The second season of the ULTRAMAN anime is now a week away and what other way for TsuPro and Netflix to celebrate than to unveil the full OP?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Season 2 is now out! What were your thoughts on it? Personally, I found it slightly inferior to the first season, mostly because of the smaller episode count.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

LOVE the end credits song. Seriously, those Ultras can boogie!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 pm Season 2 is now out! What were your thoughts on it? Personally, I found it slightly inferior to the first season, mostly because of the smaller episode count.
While a whole story was told in 6 episodes, this is pretty standard practice for Netflix now. I would expect in the next 3-6 months to get another batch of 7 episodes. I can't believe in the 3 years since S1 dropped, they only made 6 episodes in that whole time.

Overall I thought it was pretty cool, even though it had nothing to do with the Manga

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!