TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
UltramanGoji

TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

With this new toy subforum, it was bound to happen eventually. Here's the thread for all things robots in disguise!

What Transformers do you collect? What's your favorite line?

I'm primarily a Classics/Universe/Generations collector and my favorite line is probably Universe 2.0. All my TFs are in storage right now except for my G1 Metroplex and Piranacon which I keep in my display case and my MP-01 Convoy which I display on my TV stand.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

Post by Godzilla165 »

I haven’t collected many figures in a little while, with my last one being the 3A movie Starscream figure (beautiful thing). I’ve been looking more and more into getting some of the MP movie line figures, but haven’t decided on whom to kickstart with. Other than that, I have a few Classics guys, and one Generations. The rest are either in storage, or are in some way related to the original film trilogy.

#BotM

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I have a few Transformers from random eras but I'm hardly a collector. That said there are a few characters (namely Prime, Megatron, Grimlock and Soundwave) that I am looking to grab more or less definitive figures of. Of course the new Studio Series 1986 line they have coming out peaks my hopes for cartoon accurate Grimlock. Sadly none of the Grimlock toys out there quite capture the look to my liking. Either the robot mode looks great and the dinosaur mode sucks or vice-versa.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

would any of you be in for a Live-action Transformers TV show one day?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:would any of you be in for a Live-action Transformers TV show one day?
What does this have to do with the toys?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:would any of you be in for a Live-action Transformers TV show one day?
I thought this whole thread is dedicated to everything Transformers, not just the toys.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I thought this whole thread is dedicated to everything Transformers, not just the toys.
It’s in the toy sub forum, there’s already a TF thread in Media Center.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

OK he's really expensive and is a 3rd party figure but the FanToys Grimlock is an enormous magnificent figure.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Strictly collect Studio Series, and even then i only pick up characters from films 1-3.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

OMG! I love this!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/107774

Added in 18 hours 32 minutes 45 seconds:
Might make my first Masterpiece purchase with Soundwave. He's not too awful expensive on Ebay and looks to be the best figure of him available right now.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Ooh finally, I've been waiting to talk about Transformers.

I've enjoyed Transformers my whole life, but for the most part I'd pick up whatever I could find at second-hand stores(always a gamble, but there's the occasional intact figure). The turning point was Titans Return Krok, which was just too cool to pass up. After that they revealed the new Terrorcons, I fell in love with Rippersnapper and decided to collect the whole crew. Found Moonracer on clearance, picked up a bunch of Pretenders and Headmasters for like $10 total, and now I've moved on from scouring second-hand to casing clearance. Such character growth. :lol:

I must say though, next year's lineup is looking really good, I'll probably be picking some of those up as soon as I see them. Anyone else looking forward to the Kingdom line?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I have mostly Beast Wars figures but have a few G1 toys my step-dad handed down to me. Though when I was a kid I had most the Dinobots and the entire set of Predacons. Sadly they all broke and/or disappeared overr the course of moving over the years. The only original figure I have left is Wheelie. He's broke but I can usually get him to stay together for the most part (usually only when in car mode).

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I used to collect all those Deluxe Class, Voyager Class, Leader Class etc. toys from when the BayFormers were at their peak. My favourite was always the Deluxe Class Starscream from DoTM. I also own the Human Alliance RoTF Bumblebee and TF Jazz.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I have many fond childhood memories of Transformers, but here's one that sticks out to me.

Backstory: I was born in 1985, so Transformers is a tad before my time BUT I did get into it thanks to my older brother who passed it on to me. One of my earliest memories is being 3 1/2 years old, and the day of my brother's birthday, his biggest present was Powermaster Optimus Prime. I remember being up early that morning and watching my mom set up my brother's gifts, and the Prime caught my eye instantly. Prime was my favorite character and I remember taking one look at it and being enthralled by it and I was actually super excited for my brother to get it in addition to be super jealous. (Yes, my bro let me play with it).

A few years later, the G1 Transformers line has finished but I still watch the show through reruns and old VHS tapes, and I've become a bigger fan by this point. I was excited that Transformers made a triumphant return with Generation 2 in the early 90s. My 7th birthday saw mostly Transformers G2 as gifts. I got Slag, Jazz, and Bumblebee, but there was one big present that was wrapped. I instinctively knew what it was, but my parents had a weird rule where any gift that was wrapped had to be unwrapped in front of the whole family (I think they wanted the big reactions to the big gifts to be seen by everyone). So I wait for everyone, and finally I get to unwrap the gift...and its G2 Optimus Prime. I literally had to fight back tears. I got my first Optimus Prime!

That was a childhood memory I cherish for sure.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t collect transformers but I did love them as a kid. I still remember taking my G1 Optimus Prime to Kindergarten show and tell because I was assigned letter “O”. It felt like such a big deal as a kid because you weren’t allowed to bring toys to school normally.

I actually just found the G1 cartoon is free to stream on Tubi and my kids are right about the same age I was when the cartoon was new. I’ve already gotten them hooked on it :huge:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I've got a chunk of olderish movie toys, my favorite being the takara legends class g1 color devastator I got for my birthday in like 3rd or 4th grade.

I've really wanted to get into the wfc trilogy and studio series. I picked up titans return Blitzwing at a local comic con a few years ago, along with the studio series helicopter dropkick for my birthday.

One of the things I want the most is because of all the crossovers that have happened and are still happening, is that a line of Godzilla transformers get made that are the different Toho vehicles, like the maser tanks or super x's. Almost definitely will never happen though.

G-Force Personnel

DirektorSplennic wrote:One of the things I want the most is because of all the crossovers that have happened and are still happening, is that a line of Godzilla transformers get made that are the different Toho vehicles, like the maser tanks or super x's. Almost definitely will never happen though.
Haha, I actually sketched up Godzillaformers years ago, not with the intent of them being toys mind you(Though I did draw a Megalon/jackhammer with all the joints needed). Godzilla was a MASER tank, Ghidorah was a cargo helicopter, Mothra was a triple changer, Anguirus might have turned into a skyscraper, I think that was as far as I got but I can go hunt them down if seeing some drawings by a 12-year-old sounds interesting to everyone.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:One of the things I want the most is because of all the crossovers that have happened and are still happening, is that a line of Godzilla transformers get made that are the different Toho vehicles, like the maser tanks or super x's. Almost definitely will never happen though.
Haha, I actually sketched up Godzillaformers years ago, not with the intent of them being toys mind you(Though I did draw a Megalon/jackhammer with all the joints needed). Godzilla was a MASER tank, Ghidorah was a cargo helicopter, Mothra was a triple changer, Anguirus might have turned into a skyscraper, I think that was as far as I got but I can go hunt them down if seeing some drawings by a 12-year-old sounds interesting to everyone.
I'd love to see them. I was thinking it'd be more of a crossover where cybertronians come to Earth with Godzilla and other kaiju wreaking havoc, and adopt JSDF super weapon alt modes.

G-Force Personnel

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
I'd love to see them. I was thinking it'd be more of a crossover where cybertronians come to Earth with Godzilla and other kaiju wreaking havoc, and adopt JSDF super weapon alt modes.
Gosh that is leagues cooler-sounding than my old idea, which was pretty much just "Evil aliens and Megatron codevelop a ray that turns kaiju into robotic slaves."
Also holy cow I forgot how bad these were, I was definitely younger than 12 at the time. Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up too high.

Added in 58 seconds:
I shall be attempting to redesign at least one of these to restore my honor, I'll let you know if I ever finish that.