Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
UltramanGoji

Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

Since the new subforum was created, figured it'd be better to separate the Z discussion from the big general thread to here.

I liked the new episode. It was a little light on clever visuals than I'd wanted (aside from a really nice match cut during the Red King fight) but the emotional hook was really well done and I'm curious if it'll factor into the rest of the series.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Episode 11 was super good, definitely one of my faves of Z so far. Well written character stuff, and the fights were fun. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses, the preview of 12 definitely makes it seem like it’s still on Haruki’s mind.

I’ve been really happy with Z in general, tons of fun stuff and so many amazing visuals and scenes. Let’s hope the second half of the series can keep up with the precedent set so far.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wow, Ultraman's so big it had to get another subforum?

Anyway, Z honestly is climbing the ranks at extreme pace at being one of my favorites of the entire series. The characters are enjoyable, the fights are amazing, the plots are great. Sure it has some that are a little lower than others, but that's every TV show.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

There's so much to enjoy in Ultraman Z, but my favorite aspect is the defence team - the main members! The technicians! Their factory-style HQ!

The teams are as much or more important than the Ultras. Always disappointed when there's no team or the team is underdeveloped.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

... Right after I posted my thread I spotted this. Guess that's what I guess for sitting in the sub-forum for a good half hour without posting lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:... Right after I posted my thread I spotted this. Guess that's what I guess for sitting in the sub-forum for a good half hour without posting lol.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Mac Daddy MM wrote:... Right after I posted my thread I spotted this. Guess that's what I guess for sitting in the sub-forum for a good half hour without posting lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItUECpFi9_s
I hate you so much, lol.

Well, anyway. Z is a great show. Wish it had a few more original kaiju, but everything else has been top.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Firestorm
Yojimbo

Post by Firestorm »

Watching this every week is the only thing I look forward to these days. Strange how Ultraman now wants to be a mecha imitator like Go-Busters, but hey, maybe it'll get a Super Robot Wars adaption some day.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to guess what episode Delta Rise Claw will debut?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Episode 16
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MoarCrossovers wrote:Episode 16
Do you know so, or are you jut guessing?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LegendZilla wrote:
That's usually the debut episode for the final form.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MoarCrossovers wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Didn’t they say there will be one more form after Delta Rise Claw?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LegendZilla wrote:
MoarCrossovers wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Didn’t they say there will be one more form after Delta Rise Claw?
That would be the movie form. Everything else after is game exclusive.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Well I watched episode 11 and I enjoyed it. I gotta admit that it was nice to see Red King being portrayed in a sympathetic light as that hasn't happened since "The Ultimate Hero" iirc. Hopefully from this point forward Haruki and Z won't be as gung ho about killing monsters in certain situations. Especially if said monsters have been disturbed by human activity like Telesdon and Gomora were. I look forward to seeing how Haruki deals with his trauma in the next episode against Grigio Raiden.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I feel like this show is a bit better with handling neutral kaiju than attacking aliens. I dunno something didn't quite click with me the episodes with alien attackers. I mean Celebro is growing on me for being this super cold scientist and they seem to be using him sparingly. Only really stepping in and getting his hands dirty every once in a while such as episode 8. The King Joe two parter was enjoyable but I dunno didn't quite click with me though I liked Barbarosa. Reminds me of Return of Ultraman which did a really good job with neutral Earth kaiju. Ultraseven did the alien attackers well since they utilized cast and story really well.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Ultraman Orb and Geed ended up having a total of 5 transformations in their respective series.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote:^Ultraman Orb and Geed ended up having a total of 5 transformations in their respective series.
Are you counting movies? Even if you aren't i think Geed had an extra one in his show.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Ultraman Orb and Geed ended up having a total of 5 transformations in their respective series.
Are you counting movies? Even if you aren't i think Geed had an extra one in his show.
I am not counting the movies.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I'll be okay if Z has less forms since I really like them...especially Gamma Future. I like the Heisei look of that upcoming one.
Orb's were great since past his initial 3 they were all fueled by character development, if if his true form is a bit lackluster.
Geed's are a bit weaker and not quite so lined with development. I liked Magnificent a bit more than Royal but Royal kinda grew on me. I really Galaxy Rising.

It took me a while to realize Z has a static base form then three forms and he doesn't really have a 'jack of all stats' form. At least Z's basic form gets to shine as his base talking form and when he shrinks down.