Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - Hub

Post by Voyager »

VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:15 pm All righty!

So, humanity has conquered the galaxy via superscientific and impossible materials that can do amazing things (like casually weathering asteroid collisions and terminal falls into planets). However, a variety of Kaiju are prowling space and causing trouble by attacking colonies and shipping. This exacerbates the many civil wars tearing apart the human empire.

All the Kaiju can fly through space, and can level cities in mere hours.

There’s no intelligent aliens, aside from Kaiju, and mankind is similar to the Dark Age of Technology from Warhammer 40K.

It would be a pretty open-ended setting, without any specific goal or endgame at first. Probably little in the way of DMing as well.
Maybe create a new thread for this? I don’t want this thread to get side-tracked.

Also, I’m interested.
For Emperor and Empire!

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Sounds good, I’ll do so in a little bit.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm pretty sure you've all wondered if someone got fused with someone else from another universe because of the Great Merge, right?
Right??

Logan268
G-Grasper

Post by Logan268 »

I'm back

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Okay, so I may need a recap of what I've missed since entering the new world.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Not much, really. There's a fog machine dragon flying around, GMK Ghidorah's here, and Jet's with Mothra at Osaka. Oh, and I made a human character.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

So basically just reintroducing characters? Or introducing new ones?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 pm So basically just reintroducing characters? Or introducing new ones?
Well, most of the spotlight is going to the new ones for now.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 pm So basically just reintroducing characters? Or introducing new ones?
Well, most of the spotlight is going to the new ones for now.
Alright. Well I'll see what humans or new Kaiju I toss in. After that, I'll get a post up hopefully sooner than later.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Is there something wrong with insert image? When I preview it for a bio I just get a grey box.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

godjacob wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 pm Is there something wrong with insert image? When I preview it for a bio I just get a grey box.
It might be because you're using an image from a FANDOM page/a wiki. For some reason, those don't work anymore.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I don't think fandom images ever worked.

Also, i know we're meant to be focusing on the new guys, but like.. we have a ton of the old guard still standing around doing nothing and that doesn't feel right.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Yeah, I’m kinda stumped on what to do with Ultra and Hayata right now. I do, however, have a clear idea what to do with MV Goji.

I’ll be taking him over now, then. Before I do anything though, is he still asleep or what? Is he doing something?
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:43 am I don't think fandom images ever worked.

Also, i know we're meant to be focusing on the new guys, but like.. we have a ton of the old guard still standing around doing nothing and that doesn't feel right.
Nah, they worked until some time in late 2020.

Agreed. I guess we can't do much with Godzilla and Gojirin since Voyager's on WOM hiatus, though.

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:48 am Yeah, I’m kinda stumped on what to do with Ultra and Hayata right now. I do, however, have a clear idea what to do with MV Goji.

I’ll be taking him over now, then. Before I do anything though, is he still asleep or what? Is he doing something?
Titanus Gojira's all yours. He hasn't done anything since the Great Merge
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Didn't Jacob actually take control of Gojirin for a little while though?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

He sure did. Godzilla's purely Voyager, tho

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just realized how much of a physical wreck Jet Jaguar is at the moment. He's missing his arm, his head is barely hanging on, he's charred to the point of looking like rotisserie chicken, and there's multiple gaping holes in his torso. Jesus, I can imagine him stubbing his (non-existent) toe and then immediately turning into a pile of rubble and motors.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:20 pm I just realized how much of a physical wreck Jet Jaguar is at the moment. He's missing his arm, his head is barely hanging on, he's charred to the point of looking like rotisserie chicken, and there's multiple gaping holes in his torso. Jesus, I can imagine him stubbing his (non-existent) toe and then immediately turning into a pile of rubble and motors.
yeah, you might wanna have him be fixed/upgraded soon lol

The idea for MV Goji’s story and return is complete now. I just need a tad bit of advice on it.

So, Gojira wakes up in the Hollow Earth. He’ll explore it and fight some monsters in there, as to be expected. I’ll introduce an “OC” kaiju, Titanus Baphomet (who was referenced in KOTM, fyi), and he’ll be a big thing going forward.

I’m also thinking of introducing three other major Ray Harryhausen kaiju: Ymir, the Rhedosaurus, and the Cyclops. They would be introduced in a “Ray Harryhausen” section of the H.E. with some other of his famous creatures referenced…but I’m not sure if that’s too much. Thoughts?
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Haryhausen kaiju sound fine with me!

I'm planning to take King on a global adventure. Was kinda hoping Gojirin could come with but since Voyager's tak8ng a breaj from this i dunno how that'll happen.