General Gaming News Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: General Gaming News Thread

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly still think the Xbox One's and Series X/S's naming is still pretty stupid. Why didn't they just follow up the 360 by calling it the 720? That makes sense thematic wise instead of going all the way down to one for some dumb reason. And Series X is just plain weird.

And yeah, kids better point out which one's which to the old folk.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I can almost guarantee there will be a name change before release. Atleast if they were smart.

Should've went with the Xbox Scorpio
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It’s pretty much a guarantee that there isn’t going to be a change in the naming scheme, especially not a month and a half before the official release. The names aren’t elegant, but once, “the all new Xbox Series X, and the all new Xbox Series S”, marketing tag lines are plastered all over the websites that parents can order them from, it won’t be an issue for a big majority of people.

It also helps as well that, aside from limited quantities, consoles like the One X and One S are discontinued, especially in physical retailers. The Series consoles will be the only two Xbox machines that will be on store shelves come holiday season, and will likely be the very first two results on whatever website page when someone goes to search for, “Xbox”.

#BotM

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Godzilla165 wrote:They would have to pay someone like Sony with every PS5 version of say, Fallout 5, that was sold. Sure, Microsoft would get a publisher cut, but they would still need to give money to Sony, and I don’t think they would spend 7 billion dollars to turn right back around and give another platform money. With how many forms of entry into the Xbox ecosystem there is now, Microsoft can easily make a huge profit by having their big games remain on Xbox and PC, and Xcloud.
Umm that's not how licensing works. Sony would have to pay MS to license the game not the other way around.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Godzilla165 wrote:It’s pretty much a guarantee that there isn’t going to be a change in the naming scheme, especially not a month and a half before the official release. The names aren’t elegant, but once, “the all new Xbox Series X, and the all new Xbox Series S”, marketing tag lines are plastered all over the websites that parents can order them from, it won’t be an issue for a big majority of people.

It also helps as well that, aside from limited quantities, consoles like the One X and One S are discontinued, especially in physical retailers. The Series consoles will be the only two Xbox machines that will be on store shelves come holiday season, and will likely be the very first two results on whatever website page when someone goes to search for, “Xbox”.
It does get confusing though.

XBOX One
XBOX One S
XBOX One X
XBOX X
XBOX S

Gaaa!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rumor, take with a grain of salt.

Good news (if true): Nintendo might be getting a version of the Switch made in the next year or two that has 4K resolution.
Slightly bad news(if true): It might be upscale to 4K instead of having a native output at 4K. Still looks good, but not as good as the real deal.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Living Corpse wrote:Rumor, take with a grain of salt.

Good news (if true): Nintendo might be getting a version of the Switch made in the next year or two that has 4K resolution.
Slightly bad news(if true): It might be upscale to 4K instead of having a native output at 4K. Still looks good, but not as good as the real deal.
I'm going with true on that rumor because they recently had an investors meeting in Japan and said they're working on something new. Finally if you look at the screen shots for Monster Hunter Rise they look really good better than most Switch games which leads me to believe that they where captured on the "Pro" hardware. Don't get me wrong the current Switch can produce some amazing visuals but they look way to good for current Switch hardware.

It'll most likely being using DLSS to achieve the 4K. DLSS is Nvidia's tech that allows them to upscale games and in most instances you can't tell the difference.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

gvamp wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Rumor, take with a grain of salt.

I'm going with true on that rumor because they recently had an investors meeting in Japan and said they're working on something new. Finally if you look at the screen shots for Monster Hunter Rise they look really good better than most Switch games which leads me to believe that they where captured on the "Pro" hardware. Don't get me wrong the current Switch can produce some amazing visuals but they look way to good for current Switch hardware.

It'll most likely being using DLSS to achieve the 4K. DLSS is Nvidia's tech that allows them to upscale games and in most instances you can't tell the difference.
Ironically sometimes (keyword: sometimes) DLSS upscaled to 4K can look better than native 4K. Don't ask me why, it seems to be a case by case thing.

Added in 3 days 20 hours 32 minutes 6 seconds:
Backwards testing with a Series X prototype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oe1LUJyCCs

Also original X-box now has an HDMI mod with a competitor making another one down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdEt16wiIvE

If you're interested in more mods for game systems or clone systems check out my gaming mods topic.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 16&t=30148

Added in 3 days 5 hours 43 minutes :
Nintendo gets game hackers, Xecuter, arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nSfnyGPqqM

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

IO Interactive, the men and women known for their famous Hitman games, are gonna be working on a new James Bond game next. Prefect fit honestly, cause the assassin you play in Hitman, Agent 47, is pretty much an evil James Bond. Also it's an origin story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slAhuh21ii8
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Infamous console scalping group, CrepChiefNotify has 1,000+ next-gen console orders cancelled:

Good, scalpers are fucking scumbags. Now 1,000 people can actually buy one at MSRP instead of being robbed blind by these pieces of shit.

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You can link up multiple generations of X-Boxes for multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iIaSbK9bg

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So for anyone that watched the 15 minute direct for Super Nintendo World.

There are plans to release the theme park in other parts of the world eventually.

Hollywood, California
Orlando, Florida
Singapore

It'll also be having its grand opening on February 4th, 2021.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KFC announces a new game system that cooks chicken. Yes this is for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOCH9t5rqvM

Also new gaming tech that could help reduce pollution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErapUArQahM
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Really surprised nobody's mentioned this on the forum yet:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

It's been mentioned in the KWCE but yeah, thought more people would be on this.

Now the thing I'M surprised nl one brought up...

Bethesda (namely executive producer Todd Howard), Wolfenstein reboot devs Machinegames and Lucasfilm Games are making a new Indiana Jones game!

RIP Evan.

G-Force Personnel

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm It's been mentioned in the KWCE but yeah, thought more people would be on this.

Now the thing I'M surprised nl one brought up...

Bethesda (namely executive producer Todd Howard), Wolfenstein reboot devs Machinegames and Lucasfilm Games are making a new Indiana Jones game!
Bowser shows up as an honest-to-goodness dark gray kaiju shooting fire beams and nobody here cares, I thought this was a Godzilla forum.

The Indiana Jones game was a surprise indeed, though I can't say I'm personally all too excited, what with it being Bethesda and just not being huge about the franchise. I am happy to see the original tomb raider getting a big game like his copycats, I just hope it's a good game for all the fans out there, I know my brother is stoked.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ubisoft Massive will be handling a brand new Open World Star Wars game, with the creative director of "The Division" on board, which is part of Lucasfilms new Gaming initiative. IE their LucasArts revival.

The EA witch is dead, time to celebrate.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am Ubisoft Massive will be handling a brand new Open World Star Wars game, with the creative director of "The Division" on board, which is part of Lucasfilms new Gaming initiative. IE their LucasArts revival.

Don't celebrate. Ubisoft isn't much of an upgrade from EA.

As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Ubisoft is pretty fucking infamous for the rape and sexual abuse its employees suffer.

I hope people here do the right thing and don't buy the game first hand. But it's probably a fool's hope.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

G-Force Personnel

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 am Ubisoft Massive will be handling a brand new Open World Star Wars game, with the creative director of "The Division" on board, which is part of Lucasfilms new Gaming initiative. IE their LucasArts revival.

As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Ubisoft is pretty skreeonking infamous for the rape and sexual abuse its employees suffer.

I hope people here do the right thing and don't buy the game first hand. But it's probably a fool's hope.
Remember, the game has to actually look like it will be good first. I think Fallout 76, The Last Of Us Part II, and Cyberpunk 2077 have done enough to make people a little more skeptical of preordering things blindly.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 pm
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm

As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Ubisoft is pretty skreeonking infamous for the rape and sexual abuse its employees suffer.

Remember, the game has to actually look like it will be good first. I think Fallout 76, The Last Of Us Part II, and Cyberpunk 2077 have done enough to make people a little more skeptical of preordering things blindly.
No, no. You misunderstand. I'm not talking about trivial elements like how the game turns out. I'm talking about the company itself, and the serious crimes they have committed. I want to remind people who they're giving their money to.

This isn't targeted at anyone in particular, it's just a general plea: If you want the game when it comes out, please buy used, or from a second hand seller.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.