Godzilla vs the Thing HD G-MAN Reconstruction Now Available

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Gorka the Vampire
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla vs the Thing G-MAN Reconstruction "Fixed' Now Available

Post by Gorka the Vampire »

Hi “G”

Just watched the corrected Godzilla vs the Thing. Looks magnificent! I’m going to be following your work closely. I’m looking forward to seeing the other goodies you’ll have in store for an eager public! :o)

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Gorka the Vampire wrote:Hi “G”

Just watched the corrected Godzilla vs the Thing. Looks magnificent! I’m going to be following your work closely. I’m looking forward to seeing the other goodies you’ll have in store for an eager public! :o)
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it after checking out the fixed version. And apologies to anyone who got the previous version. Can't believe I missed that goof. And very much appreciate your words and hope you guys enjoy my next reconstruction I'm working on. But I'm kicking around some more fun editing ideas aside from reconstructions. Which won't be anything too intensive hopwfully. But fun nonetheless as I've been wanting to take the two mst3k Godzilla episodes and edit them to essentially be rifftrax for the films. With maybe one or two things along with that.

But as far as more reconstruction related stuff as previously mentioned in the forums im currently working on Frankenstein Conquers the World and that is going pretty well so far. But aside from that I have no real order of what my next projects would be. Be it the UPA cut of terror of Mechagodzilla, reconstruction of the titan dub of son of Godzilla with a slight fan edit, War of the Gargantuas American cut, Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster, Gigantis the Fire Monster, and depending on how the Arrow Gamera sets turn out i might do some reconstructions on those. But hopefully Arrow is able to deliver with Gamera where criterion unfortunately couldn't with Godzilla.

Gorka the Vampire
Yojimbo

Post by Gorka the Vampire »

Hi “G”

Looking forward to Frankenstein Conquers the World. Sounds like you have everything well in hand. Is it possible to be able to use the English/AIP credits from the Media Blasters DVD just for the opening only? Or is the bitrate just not good enough?

scottster422
Young Farmer

Re: Godzilla vs the Thing HD G-MAN Reconstruction Now Available

Post by scottster422 »

Dear G-MAN,

I would like to be able to acquire the link to the most recent version of the fixed version of Godzilla vs. the Thing.

Thank you,

scottster422

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

Hello, I just joined here. First post.
I know as a new member I have limited access, such as to add an avatar, send and receive PM's, and other things.
Perhaps someone can kindly direct me or fill me in to the specifics of all this? How long before I have "full member" status?

I'm mainly here because I'm a big fan of the original American versions of the Toho fantasy and sci-fi films.
Afraid I'm old enough to have seen quite a few first runs in theatres as a kid, including KING KONG VS. GODZILLA in 1963 and GODZILLA VS. THE THING in 1964!

I have attempted my own reconstructions of some of these, including GODZILLA VS. THE THING, ATRAGON, and (most painfully) RODAN.
They are OK, but at DVD resolution. I have since found some of Red Menace's great Hi-def reconstructions online, and they are amazing!

I'm hoping I can eventually connect up with some of you who are doing what are no-doubt better versions of many of these wonderful movies.
I'd love to be able to see your work and share anything if I can.

Thanks, and excited to be here!

SAM33
Last edited by sam33 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

sam33 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:48 am I know as a new member I have limited access, such as to add an avatar, send and receive PM's, and other things.
Perhaps someone can kindly direct me or fill me in to the specifics of all this? How long before I have "full member" status?
Basically, you won't have "full member status" any time soon.

https://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30839

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

Thanks for the reply and letting me know -

SAM33

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

sam33 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:48 am Hello, I just joined here. First post.
I know as a new member I have limited access, such as to add an avatar, send and receive PM's, and other things.

I'm mainly here because I'm a big fan of the original American versions of the Toho fantasy and sci-fi films.
Afraid I'm old enough to have seen quite a few first runs in theatres as a kid, including KING KONG VS. GODZILLA in 1963 and GODZILLA VS. THE THING in 1964!

I have attempted my own reconstructions of some of these, including GODZILLA VS. THE THING, ATRAGON, and (most painfully) RODAN.
They are OK, but at DVD resolution. I have since found some of Red Menace's great Hi-def reconstructions online, and they are amazing!

I'm hoping I can eventually connect up with some of you who are doing what are no-doubt better versions of many of these wonderful movies.
I'd love to be able to see your work and share anything if I can.

Thanks, and excited to be here!

SAM33
Yeah alot of things have changed on here for new members. If you would like and have Twitter just send me a DM on there and I would be happy to send you any links to my reconstructions you're interested in.

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

Hello G-Man!
I kind of gave up on this forum since it seems like it's impossible for a newbie to get much traction.
BUT -
I finally just saw this reply. THANKS MUCH!
I've never been on Twitter, but I will consider joining now (Musk or no Musk) to see if I can contact you that way.

DId just find an updated ATRAGON on Archive, watching that tonight!

SAM33

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

sam33 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:26 pm Hello G-Man!
I kind of gave up on this forum since it seems like it's impossible for a newbie to get much traction.
BUT -
I've never been on Twitter, but I will consider joining now (Musk or no Musk) to see if I can contact you that way.
I absolutely refuse to join Twitter. I would much rather wait here until the new member policy changes if those are my only options.

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

I don't know, but I can imagine there are good reasons for the moderators to do what they do.
I too am not a fan of Twitter (or Facebook or others), but we'll see...

THe "reconstruction" I found of ATRAGON on Archive was a disappointment, 8gb file but still only DVD res.
I've already made one of those myself...

SAM33

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

sam33 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 am I don't know, but I can imagine there are good reasons for the moderators to do what they do.
I too am not a fan of Twitter (or Facebook or others), but we'll see...

THe "reconstruction" I found of ATRAGON on Archive was a disappointment, 8gb file but still only DVD res.
I've already made one of those myself...

SAM33
I don’t know all the details but the policy changes were apparently the better of two bad options.

Was your disappointment limited to the file size and resolution? How was the reconstruction otherwise?

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on G-Man’s reconstruction when you finally see it. I have been hoping to see his reconstructions too.
Last edited by SpiderZilla on Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

Yes, file size and resolution.
I thought given the file size it would be from a blu ray master, but it's just from the existing Tokyo Shock transfer.

I do have most of Red Menace's (Kyodai Kino nowadays) reconstructions, they're excellent!
BUT, I also think some folks' newer ones may be even better...

I was hoping to put up my own avatar, but I guess that's still limited, now the reason for that is hard for me to understand.
BUT, I guess this is better than a question mark (which was on this film's original poster of course!)

SAM33

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

sam33 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:26 pm Hello G-Man!
BUT -

DId just find an updated ATRAGON on Archive, watching that tonight!

SAM33
Apologies. Haven't been on here much in ages. Mainly due to not getting notifications sent to my email or anything. So I don't mean to be absent from responses.

But yeah I would recommend that since pms are limited still. I am in the tk discord I believe as well if you are active there. But I don't post often in it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

sam33 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:39 am I was hoping to put up my own avatar, but I guess that's still limited, now the reason for that is hard for me to understand.
There's been multiple posts about this and my e-mail is readily available to reach out for questions, but I can explain it again.

We had a user make multiple duplicate accounts over a long period of time, and upload vicious disgusting real life gore images of decapitated bodies, dead children, and other horrific things. The only way we were able to stop this was completely neutering new members. It sucks for everyone. We don't like it either. But we have no other choice. I'd rather have some mildly inconvenienced new users than risk subjecting the entire forum to pictures of dead children.

Hopefully now the reason is easier to understand.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

sam33
Ronin

Post by sam33 »

FIrst of all, thanks again for the reply G-Man.
Second, MUCH thanks Admin Maritonic for the explanation, I just didn't take the time to look around for the answer, horrible as it is. :shock:

Boy, I had no idea, I would have guessed the reasons were much more "legal" and far less disturbing and disgusting.
Have to say, I really hate people's online behavior, which is exactly why I've never been of Facebook or Twitter or all the rest.
Was on Linked-In by requirement for work, retired now.

The only place I spend a lot of time online is the Classic Horror Film Board, also pretty tightly moderated, which I support.
It's very much a good community. I assume some folks here may be on there as well?
That's one place we could maybe get in touch.

All to say I get it, so I'll be patient, and try to spend some more time here.

Thanks again for the replies.

SAM33
Last edited by sam33 on Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.